Steven Gerrard 25/1 to 8/1 for rangers manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone aware this actual thread has single handily impacted the sky bet market???
Whit?

Skybet have noticed that skybet's odds are 2/1 on FF and went and cut them to 11/10, then they've came on FF and noticed their own odds are now 11/10 on FF and went and cut it to 1/2 and they'll be back in a few hours and notice their own odds are 1/2 and cut them again?

I don't think that's how it works mate.:confused:

No disrespect mate, but I can’t understand people repeatedly harp back to souness and water. Different people, different circumstances and a completely different era of football.
Souness, magnificent as he was then, and now, came along at the right time for him and us. Then he had the good sense to get Walter, maybe at a small time parochial club, but a sound judge of character. This was a one off episode in our proud history.
Under no circumstances do I want that twat Gerrard near our club, he has nothing on our magnificent Bastard.

I often impose a ban on myself as well mate, hence me not being on FF for a few days. ;)

However, I must commend you sir on one of the most interesting and erudite 'put downs' I've ever encountered, and I've had my fair share of them.

:)

Sorry for letting letting it go right over my head mate and thanks for the excellent response lol.

I'm actually a fan of your posts and must admit to receiving a like or two from your good self in a previous life.
Maybe if I had self prescribed a ban the good doctors on here wouldn't have declared my condition terminal and people would still know who they were talking to.

Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse in any case but we live and learn they say.

Whit?

Skybet have noticed that skybet's odds are 2/1 on FF and went and cut them to 11/10, then they've came on FF and noticed their own odds are now 11/10 on FF and went and cut it to 1/2 and they'll be back in a few hours and notice their own odds are 1/2 and cut them again?

I don't think that's how it works mate.:confused:

What I meant mate was people seeing this thread are backing him, thus changing the market/odds :eek:

Souness, magnificent as he was then, and now, came along at the right time for him and us. Then he had the good sense to get Walter, maybe at a small time parochial club, but a sound judge of character. This was a one off episode in our proud history.
Under no circumstances do I want that twat Gerrard near our club, he has nothing on our magnificent Bastard.

I think your underestimating him, the guy was a terrific player and a great leader
Who's to say that working alongside an experience manager he couldn't do a good job for us.

I think your underestimating him, the guy was a terrific player and a great leader
Who's to say that working alongside an experience manager he couldn't do a good job for us.
Being a great player doesn't make him a potential manager, no thanks we need an experienced pair of hands.

This would be a pointless appointment and I don't see the Board even trying to make it happen even if they could.

Comparisons with Souness are daft Souness was bankrolled to a massive extent and he single handedly created the notion that a big Scottish club could fill it's stadium every week-there was a massive potential for growth that doesn't exist anymore.

I think the truth of this is that if we could bankroll SG and provide a kitty to match serious ambition....why would we go for him in the first place? We could afford a reasonably stable experienced manager.

This would be a pointless appointment and I don't see the Board even trying to make it happen even if they could.

Comparisons with Souness are daft Souness was bankrolled to a massive extent and he single handedly created the notion that a big Scottish club could fill it's stadium every week-there was a massive potential for growth that doesn't exist anymore.

I think the truth of this is that if we could bankroll SG and provide a kitty to match serious ambition....why would we go for him in the first place? We could afford a reasonably stable experienced manager.
Sensible post. We need to be realistic and look at where we are today, unless someone has money to burn that we don't know about yet!!!! Any ideas ID10??

I compared him to appointing Souness earlier but was done more for effect, to make a point, than anything else.

It's as near a non starter as you will get , in any case.

I'm not saying I want him as our manager.
But it's all relative.
He could potentially attract a calibre of player very few other managers within our grasp could.

In many ways it would be easier for him to succeed than it was for Souness.
Given that all he has to beat is a pretty shit Celtic team and Brendan Rodgers to be seen as a massive success.

Everyone putting 2 and 2 together to get Gerrard because King is in Liverpool. Someone else in Liverpool just now who we were linked with. Roberto Martinez was at goodison park last night as a guest of Sky, could King not have been meeting with him and take the Liverpool game in while he's there or am I putting 3 and 3 together?

Was never gonna happen but was anyone watching the end of the BT coverage of Liverpool game there hoping Lineker would mention it?

"So Stevie, off to Ibrox next season then if the bookies are to be believed?" His facial reaction alone would have been interesting.

And for the record, I think it would be a bad idea but also a load of made up pish.

I think there is something in this now and you know what? I would be delighted ! Souness had no experience albeight with more money. The guy knows how to handle pressure and would attract players. Although could be another john Barnes

I actually think there could be something in this.

The board have clearly had difficulty attracting a decent Manager.

If they can't secure one they either appoint someone totally uninspiring or a big name that will excite the masses. it buys them time.

I'm not saying I want him as our manager.
But it's all relative.
He could potentially attract a calibre of player very few other managers within our grasp could.

In many ways it would be easier for him to succeed than it was for Souness.
Given that all he has to beat is a pretty shit Celtic team and Brendan Rodgers to be seen as a massive success.

Pretty much nonsense in every respect.

Sounesss went out and bought the England captain and goalkeeper you think Rangers can do that again?

The stadium was empty Souness filled the stadium the increase in revenue was enormous-how can SG or anyone recreate that? They can't the support is saturated as is the income from the support.

Players will go where the cash is-at a certain salary they will pick and choose their manager but they ain't coming to play for SG for 10K if they can get 20K elsewhere.

This is a pretty shit Celtic team that is better than us in every department and can currently outspend us for fun.

Pretty much nonsense in every respect.

Sounesss went out and bought the England captain and goalkeeper you think Rangers can do that again?

The stadium was empty Souness filled the stadium the increase in revenue was enormous-how can SG or anyone recreate that? They can't the support is saturated as is the income from the support.

Players will go where the cash is-at a certain salary they will pick and choose their manager but they ain't coming to play for SG for 10K if they can get 20K elsewhere.

This is a pretty shit Celtic team that is better than us in every department and can currently outspend us for fun.
Aye well, if your just going to ignore what is written and repeat what you said previously, probably no point even bothering. . .

In your world we might as well just turn the lights out eh?

Surely the board wouldn’t? I mean 2 failures on the bounce given that I feel for murty we need a strong candidate with a proven pedigree. That dressing room needs a leader

“Small time parochial club”...you mean a team who were a bawhair away from a European Cup Final and then went on to a UEFA Cup Final!!

“Small time parochial club”...you mean a team who were a bawhair away from a European Cup Final and then went on to a UEFA Cup Final!!
Yes, a long long time ago, gone downhill since the days of Jim McLean, he would never have sold his best two players to the opposition when he was due to meet them in a cup game.

Ex Liverpool player...our manager..

Where have I heard that before?

Risky but what the hell...probably only Wattie would stop 10iar and he's not an option....at least he won't do grandstands and look as if he's gonna burst oot greeting FFS

Maybe Walter to come back as his number 2 like the good old times?

Yes, a long long time ago, gone downhill since the days of Jim McLean, he would never have sold his best two players to the opposition when he was due to meet them in a cup game.
Maybe a long time ago

Maybe a long time ago
They used to be a force, as I said in the McLean days, we bought some good players from them too, however fell away, poor support bad management then became septic hivs. Unfortunately, I have some of their fans working near me, very bitter against us so no sympathy at all. Sir Walter was the best that they ever produced but he was destined for better things.

That tweet is from a twitter wind up merchant who loves a quaff of gin.

But, the Gerrard talk has been doing the rounds for a week or so

If Gerrard proves to be a half decent manager anywhere whether that be Rangers, WBA or MK dons he'll replace Klopp when the time comes. he'll want it and their fans will demand it. So the arguement that he should cut his teeth at a lower club is correct but he'll either fail or end up at Liverpool. If he done well here & Liverpool came calling we could basically demand any fee we wanted, they'd pay it.
My head tells me this is a ridiculous idea but something in me wants it to happen.

If Gerrard proves to be a half decent manager anywhere whether that be Rangers, WBA or MK dons he'll replace Klopp when the time comes. he'll want it and their fans will demand it. So the arguement that he should cut his teeth at a lower club is correct but he'll either fail or end up at Liverpool. If he done well here & Liverpool came calling we could basically demand any fee we wanted, they'd pay it.
My head tells me this is a ridiculous idea but something in me wants it to happen.
I think we are due better than that. Why should we be the learning ground for him, we are the priority not him, furthermore we don't need any more experiments especially now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back