Steven Gerrard admits Rangers face significant Glen Kamara transfer interest as he acclaims Neil McCann's development process

The sell high bring in youth or promising youngster machine to replace really needs to start and this goes for all players.

People forget Kamara is 24 and Davis is 34. Now I hope David has a couple of years left in the tank but at that age we should really see Kamara as a possible long term Rangers player.

I still can't believe he got a 5 in the ratings lol.

It says it all about the standard of Scottish sports "journalism"! Even if that clearance was the only thing he did (which it wasn't) it was as important as any of the goals. You have to laugh at the idiots who came up with that rating.

Kamara was our best player first half on Thursday, he’s had a slow start this season but he’s been excellent his last few games.

You wonder if he'd just be more suited to a coaching role, he just seemed too volatile as a manager and wanted to square go the world.
Think SG is just helping Neil get another job by advertising that he is well impressed by Neil as a managere

All due respect Mr Gerrard but FF’s finest stated that Glen Kamara and Ryan Kent were rubbish on Thursday night.

I know who I’ll listen to :)) :))

Kamara was excellent on Thursday night.

He's been better in recent weeks than at the start of the season. 2-0 up and he's not giving the ball away, the only way Porto could take the ball was by fouling him.

Kamara is quickly becoming one of my favourite players in the squad. Hopefully he is over his sticky patch of form.

I still don't fully see it with Kamara.

He'd be the one player I'd be happy to cash in for a good fee.
Anticipation and awareness, ability to drop the shoulder and turn a midfield (see him leaving Brown for dead in 2-0 game), passing, balance, pace (recently anyway), ability to find space, always available for a pass, technical ability developed at Arsenal, Finnish international excelling at international level and highly rated by Gerrard

He's also having some stellar performances for Finland against quality opposition by all accounts. That won't be going unnoticed (in Italy for example) and he is bound to be on other clubs' radar.

He will be the one that goes for decent money in January in my humble opinion

Depends what you would class as 'decent money' mate. I'd be very loathe to lose him, but every player has a price at which you do the deal. There's a few midfield players I'd be moving on before Kamara - though none of them would bring in seven figure fees. Docherty, Barjonas and King to name but three (appreciate King is only a loan) plus some of the wide players such as Grezda (groan) and, with a heavy heart, Murphy. Probably Andy Halliday and Polster as well - so long as Matt's burd stays.:) We have loads of 'dead wood' to move on - and Kamara is about as far as you can get from 'dead wood'.

I certainly wouldn't be letting Kamara go without the fee being a long way into 7 figures.

Some people are just determined to call Kamara shite, even when the stats are staring them in the face, the gaffer is publically praising him, pundits are praising him, premiership clubs are scouting him, etc.

It's utterly bizarre. :))

A proper entertainer was our Neil! loved him back in the day and love him now, would be good to hear him on RTV on one of our games, never pulls any punches when talking football.

Depends what you would class as 'decent money' mate. I'd be very loathe to lose him, but every player has a price at which you do the deal. There's a few midfield players I'd be moving on before Kamara - though none of them would bring in seven figure fees. Docherty, Barjonas and King to name but three (appreciate King is only a loan) plus some of the wide players such as Grezda (groan) and, with a heavy heart, Murphy. Probably Andy Halliday and Polster as well - so long as Matt's burd stays.:) We have loads of 'dead wood' to move on - and Kamara is about as far as you can get from 'dead wood'.

I certainly wouldn't be letting Kamara go without the fee being a long way into 7 figures.
A long way in to seven figures is nothing for any interested EPL club.

I wouldn’t consider any less than 5 in fact I wouldn’t consider any offers at all

This, currently short, thread shows how bi-polar as a support we can be. We have some saying they'd gladly get rid of Kamara - seemingly regardless of fee - and others talking of £5m+.

I tried to be more measured in my guess at a fee. Its partly based on what we paid for him, how huge the profit would be and our need to get money in. Neither of those things are in any way related to his ability or what he's 'worth' in truth - but, in the real World, they are factors that come into play.

I could be miles out, quite happy to acknowledge that.

We seem to over-value or under-value players based solely on how 'popular' they are at any given time, not their ability. Tav is probably a prime example - one month he's worth £15m and the next he's worth tuppence. :)

This, currently short, thread shows how bi-polar as a support we can be. We have some saying they'd gladly get rid of Kamara - seemingly regardless of fee - and others talking of £5m+.

I tried to be more measured in my guess at a fee. Its partly based on what we paid for him, how huge the profit would be and our need to get money in. Neither of those things are in any way related to his ability or what he's 'worth' in truth - but, in the real World, they are factors that come into play.

Understand your logic tbf but I think if there is genuine interest from more than one club we need to raise the bar.

I based it on a few factors.
How much would it cost to replace him
What is his potential
He is an international about to qualify for a major tournament for the first time
What does he bring to our team
What did similar players go for/ valued at

What doesn’t bother me is what we paid for him. That is our business and ours alone. On that basis the tims shouldn’t have got 20m for dumbele as they only paid 5 or 600k for him. Buy low sell high that’s how it works for us and then now

Take all that Ito account and that’s where I got my figure from. But football is about opinions.

I think his major failing is he isn't attack minded enough for me. Good ball retention but when is he in the opposition goal area ? Happy to play until about 25m from opposition goal, then moves back. Does he ever shoot ? 1 goal in about 90 league/cup appearances as a pro.

I think his major failing is he isn't attack minded enough for me. Good ball retention but when is he in the opposition goal area ? Happy to play until about 25m from opposition goal, then moves back. Does he ever shoot ? 1 goal in about 90 league/cup appearances as a pro.
I can think of 2 for us alone

He went on a bit of a bad run had a few shockers recently but i dont think there is any doubt the lad is a superb footballer. Hes a very clever player he will play in one of the top leagues im sure of it just hope its not soon and hes for a while yet.

It says it all about the standard of Scottish sports "journalism"! Even if that clearance was the only thing he did (which it wasn't) it was as important as any of the goals. You have to laugh at the idiots who came up with that rating.
You could put a case for that clearance being more important , as game was level at that point.

Us going a goal down could have resulted in an entirely different game.

Dont sell.
Wouldn’t either but my initial point is we may need to balance the books.
Morelos is a no no for me.
Tav despite his recent form would need replaced.
As far as I am aware none of our other players are attracting interest so Kamara for decent money may have to go.

How much is Kamara realistically now worth? 4 to 6 million at best? Not sure we would get a better midfielder for that.

That's old money for me.

We need to start doing what the rest of Britain is doing and demanding double figures for any of our first team performers when clubs come knocking.

he's improving every season and the coaches will be working with him to build his game. he'l be one we get good money for in a few years. i love him. the finnish stuart munro.

Back