Steven Gerrard admits Rangers face significant Glen Kamara transfer interest as he acclaims Neil McCann's development process

At the tail end of last season, Kamara was the first name on the sheet for me.

Perhaps not the case now but he can still be an important player for us. His Finland form and the fact so many teams are after him suggests he’s a man to keep.

Gerrard sees the value of Kamara in our team and a good swathe of our fans do too but for some mysterious reason there are some that just don't rate the boy!
This guy has the potential to be a real star player for us with a huge sell on fee eventually!

Gerrard sees the value of Kamara in our team and a good swathe of our fans do too but for some mysterious reason there are some that just don't rate the boy!
This guy has the potential to be a real star player for us with a huge sell on fee eventually!
Definitely the type of player who splits opinions = quietly effective.
Thought he had a great game on Thursday and remember saying so at the game yet there were mixed reviews.
The fact there is EPL interest tells the story.

Thanks for posting OP. Glen is definitely playing well at the moment. Keep it up please young man.

John McGinn left Hibs with a year left on his deal for nearly £3m. Armstrong at the Tims went for £7m eith 12 months left.

The idea of selling Kamara with nearly 4 years on his deal then for £2m would be mental IMO.

Finnish international, performing well at European level, about to go to the Euros with his country ? Starting price should be £6/7m minimum.

For those who underrate Kamara, i think it might be down to not really seeing or understanding the role he plays in the team - he is playing the role Jack used to play for us when he started here. There was a lot of people who similarly didn't see it with him, but of course since Gerrard has come in we've seen Jack transition from a typical number 6 to a fantastic number 8, and has become probably the most complete midfielder in Scotland this season as a result.

As for that number 6 role that Kamara has now occupied - Not flashy by any means but does all the quiet work - pressing, intercepting, passing forwards or to the wide men (creators), covering for full backs, recycling the ball and dictating tempo along with Davis (or Jack if he is playing deeper), creating space in the middle of the park and so on. Its absolutely key when playing European games or in International football where the standard is much higher and teams are all able to hurt one another.

Hope he doesn't leave because i really like him at Rangers but he's EXACTLY the type of player who would flourish in a league like the EPL. Also glad hes put his slow start to the season behind him and now getting back to his initial form.

Wouldn’t either but my initial point is we may need to balance the books.
Morelos is a no no for me.
Tav despite his recent form would need replaced.
As far as I am aware none of our other players are attracting interest so Kamara for decent money may have to go.
How much would it cost to replace him though?
We need to get rid of deadwood before we sell first team players. Players like Doch will need to be moved on. Wed be lucky to gwt 450k for Docherty.
If were still in Europe arter xmas Kamara will be going no where.

Who could we get that's on a par if not better and at what cost,that sets the asking fee

I don’t imagine Kamara is the only player in our squad who will be in demand come the end of the season (Morellos excluded)

John McGinn left Hibs with a year left on his deal for nearly £3m. Armstrong at the Tims went for £7m eith 12 months left.

The idea of selling Kamara with nearly 4 years on his deal then for £2m would be mental IMO.

Finnish international, performing well at European level, about to go to the Euros with his country ? Starting price should be £6/7m minimum.
Very sensible post.
As you say SDF, starting price should be £6/7M Minimum

If the interest from EPL clubs is serious I wouldn’t be selling him for any less than £10 million.

We need to send out the message that we won’t sell on the cheap.

He is only 23, EPL academy background, playing well on both European and International stage and has a 4 year contract.

If he was a championship player with those selling points you wouldn’t get an invitation to the table at less than £10 million.

Back