Press Conference Steven Gerrard and Filip Helander press conferences pre-Livingston

So seems its H&H, Go Radio, STV & FF who have paid the fee.

I assume Sky get in for free as per their deal.

We’ll need to see how this develops but I still don’t quite understand the point of this fee thing as it isn’t going to stop the likes of the Record, The Sun etc from writing articles based on the content we are releasing from the press conferences. They already do this on a regular basis with RTV content and write it is as if it’s they were in the room.

The only thing is they obviously won’t get to ask their own questions.

We’ll need to see how this develops but I still don’t quite understand the point of this fee thing as it isn’t going to stop the likes of the Record, The Sun etc from writing articles based on the content we are releasing from the press conferences. They already do this on a regular basis with RTV content and write it is as if it’s they were in the room.

The MSM already regularly re-write RTV and club website material and try to pass it off as exclusive.

Similarly, the papers are full of 'former Rangers player X said Conor Goldson will be thinking Y' - why on earth someone who played for us 30 years ago would know what CG thinks is beyond me. It's just playing with words.

That's 10 days later than we were expecting. We were hoping for the all clear from the surgeon on Wednesday past.
He's been training with the team though, sounds like it's the final decision next week. He should be close to full fitness by that time if he is training with the team now.

The MSM already regularly re-write RTV and club website material and try to pass it off as exclusive.

Similarly, the papers are full of 'former Rangers player X said Conor Goldson will be thinking Y' - why on earth someone who played for us 30 years ago would know what CG thinks is beyond me. It's just playing with words.
That’s what I mean. They’re still going to continue to benefit commercially from the club because they still have nothing to stop them from churning out stories from RTV or press conferences. I wouldn’t like to think it’s people such as Chris Jack for example that is now in that same category because the ET won’t stump up the fee either.

Do Rangers not run a separate press conference for print media?

Normally always the broadcast version you see on club media.

Reactions: TQ3

So long as they quote the source they are allowed to do so by the club

At the bottom of the articles on the website is this

Article Copyright © 2021. Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to www.rangers.co.uk

Go Radio are already club partners and Sky have a contractual right. STV are secondary rights holders. Thus it may well be only H&H have paid the fee, which is admirable, if pretty unfair.

I’m fairly embarrassed for our world-renowned manager being railroaded into these tinpot arrangements, and I’m not sure how this fits with our strategy of becoming a global brand etc.

So long as they quote the source they are allowed to do so

At the bottom of the articles on the website is this

Article Copyright © 2021. Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to www.rangers.co.uk
It just doesn’t sit right with me that the likes of FF and H&H are the very few that are paying this large fee. I understand they’ll be getting exclusives but the newspapers will churn out countless articles based on this so they’ll benefit even though they’ve not a paid a penny.

The newspapers were never paying this in a million years.

It just doesn’t sit right with me that the likes of FF and H&H are the very few that are paying this large fee. I understand they’ll be getting exclusives but the newspapers will churn out countless articles based on this so they’ll benefit even though they’ve not a paid a penny.

The only way it will stop if the club alter what I posted

Go Radio are already club partners and Sky have a contractual right. STV are secondary rights holders. Thus it may well be only H&H have paid the fee, which is admirable, if pretty unfair.

I’m fairly embarrassed for our world-renowned manager being railroaded into these tinpot arrangements, and I’m not sure how this fits with our strategy of becoming a global brand etc.
Agreed. I think this is poor from Rangers tbh.

If they wanted to keep certain media figures out they could’ve done that on an individual basis. The fee was never going to be paid by the likes of the DR and The Sun. Now it looks like it’s fan groups that are the only ones paying for this.

Unpopular on here but I wouldn't have faith in the likes of H&H asking difficult questions of the club or manager either.

This isn't a defence of the SMSM either by the way, I detest the rats.

We'll see how it goes I suppose.

Funny hearing Gerrard talk about Martindale like that.

I also think doubting the 'fee system' in its infancy lacks foresight. If we can make this work then it's a paradigm shift that benefits us and disturbs harmful entities (or, at least costs them money).

I think we should be widening access to those that have paid and begin to offer truly exclusive content for their money. (I say this as someone who has never been a H&H subscriber, or listened to GoRadio).

Unpopular on here but I wouldn't have faith in the likes of H&H asking difficult questions of the club or manager either.

This isn't a defence of the SMSM either by the way, I detest the rats.

We'll see how it goes I suppose.
That’s a separate issue and I guess we won’t know until we hit a sticky patch.

To me though it seems extremely unfair to charge a fan group £25k or whatever it is for access, when any ‘exclusives’ they receive are just going to be reworded and repackaged by the rags up here who’ll benefit commercially even though they’ve not paid a penny. We also appear to have locked a guy like Chris Jack out because of the fee.

This is a dreadful idea.

The two slight concerns to take away from that are firstly that it could be a couple of weeks before we have Alfie up to speed meaning he might miss both Malmö games, and secondly that contrary to reports on here Goldson still hasn’t put pen to paper.

Other than that he seems happy with where we are and the application and fitness of the players at his disposal.

Loving Big Helander's attitude and comments on all aspects of the squad and their plans for the season. He made a lot of things pretty clear.

Last edited:
That’s a separate issue and I guess we won’t know until we hit a sticky patch.

To me though it seems extremely unfair to charge a fan group £25k or whatever it is for access, when any ‘exclusives’ they receive are just going to be reworded and repackaged by the rags up here who’ll benefit commercially even though they’ve not paid a penny. We also appear to have locked a guy like Chris Jack out because of the fee.

This is a dreadful idea.
I dont think its a dreadful idea but i do agree with the first point i dont understand why fans should pay i think thats unfair. Maybe i dont know the facts or ive missed something even so i would prefer just to charge the haters and propagandists.

On the gaffer hes looking serious again and totally focused which means only thing... Livi are getting crushed.

I dont think its a dreadful idea but i do agree with the first point i dont understand why fans should pay i think thats unfair. Maybe i dont know the facts or ive missed something even so i would prefer just to charge the haters and propagandists.

On the gaffer hes looking serious again and totally focused which means only thing... Livi are getting crushed.
If we wanted to restrict access we could’ve done so on an individual basis. It’s a really poor look when it’s only a Rangers fan forum and and a Rangers fan podcast that are left to stump up the money.

Why only 6 outfield subs named on the bench? Seems strange, leaves less chance for a young player to be in the squad.

I agree.

Pretty awkward him sitting waiting for folk to think of 2nd questions because there isn’t enough people to interview Steven Gerrard.

If its only H&H thats paid the fee it further shows how poor a decision it is. Only people being charged is our fans.

Bit personal but, did we get to the bottom of whether any of the players had a frizz on in training?

Gerrard will not give two hoots about who is interviewing him…..like most managers I presume this is their least favorite aspect of the job
Agreed. He'd probably feel better knowing it wasn't predatory journalists, I'd think, but who knows.

With Gerrard saying the squad was 99% fit and the names I heard him mention was Jack and Morelos does that indicate there has been some good news regarding Ofaborh (my spelling is probably off here)? Last I heard there was a rogue cardiac reading or something

Back