Steven Gerrard and LFC v AC Milan Glorie today

Gerrard is just magnificent, 'his focus is obviously at Rangers but he has one eye on Liverpool getting it over the line!'

xlflp3.jpg

The fact that people though Gerrard was being booed by the Liverpool fans shows just how bizarre some people's perceptions are about what's happening right in front of them. No wonder this place is a mad house hahaha Superb performance topped with a last minute winner...Let's hope there isn't a Milan management curse put on him for scoring the winner like they obviously put on McCoist

The fact that people though Gerrard was being booed by the Liverpool fans shows just how bizarre some people's perceptions are about what's happening right in front of them. No wonder this place is a mad house hahaha Superb performance topped with a last minute winner...Let's hope there isn't a Milan management curse put on him for scoring the winner like they obviously put on McCoist

In defence of this mate, that is what it sounded like.
Perhaps it just sums up how conditioned we have become to expecting negatives punted towards us.
The majority of Liverpool supporters are sound, but since they became a very successful club they have attracted a lot of support from Irish types who let us be honest, simply don't like our football club and have the sort of bitterness that never surprises in its depravity.

Still a classy player. Guys like Pirlo and Gerrard, proper world class players through out their careers, never lose it.

Our managers touch, vision, weight of pass, ability to strike a ball, anticipation... is still ridiculous.

Can we please stop this pathetic debate about booing. It’s beyond belief that people actually thought that’s what it was.

I genuinely can’t believe the sheer stupidly and how out of touch some people are at times. Utterly embarrassing and step away from the computer/mobile/tablet for a while for fucks sake and stop acting like perma offended da’s.

Haha i know what you mean. It's Steven Gerrard back at Anfield, for what reason would they ever boo him.

Edit: Please, nobody try say he'd get bood for going to USA.

What a great, polished production that was to watch and listen to,from the great skill and effort from both teams, with five great goals,to the professional commentary and even the P.A announcer, I can't imagine the same from Tom Miller and whoever is alongside him, the whole presentation of it was excellent.

I knew they loved Steven Gerrard but didn't realise the absolute adulation they held him in compared to all their other legends,they were willing him to score every time he got possession and he didn't half produce a fairy tale ending.

What a player, what a man.

Can we please stop this pathetic debate about booing. It’s beyond belief that people actually thought that’s what it was.

I genuinely can’t believe the sheer stupidly and how out of touch some people are at times. Utterly embarrassing and step away from the computer/mobile/tablet for a while for fucks sake and stop acting like perma offended da’s.
Oh, don't be so dramatic.
That is what it sounded like and was thus an easy conclusion to come to.
This is Rangers forum and not all of us are in touch with what happens in and around Anfield.
Although I agree it did sound like a very unlikely conclusion.

Rui Costa man. An absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer. What a player.

I miss the 90’s/Early 00’s :(
James Richardson, Ex football Italia, does a fantastic weekly podcast focussing on the seria A with the first 40 mins being a look back at teams / persons from the past. This weeks was a look back at the Fiorentina side of the early 90’s that nearly went all the way, including Rui Costa.

It was agreed that Rui Costa didn’t get the acclaim he deserved.

What a great, polished production that was to watch and listen to,from the great skill and effort from both teams, with five great goals,to the professional commentary and even the P.A announcer, I can't imagine the same from Tom Miller and whoever is alongside him, the whole presentation of it was excellent.

I knew they loved Steven Gerrard but didn't realise the absolute adulation they held him in compared to all their other legends,they were willing him to score every time he got possession and he didn't half produce a fairy tale ending.

I grew up despising Liverpool but Gerrard was always one of my favourites. Whilst people had Scholes or Lampard above him, I always opted for Gerrard. He was every thing you wanted in a player, midfielder, captain, leader, inspirational figure. Single handedly dragged Liverpool out the mud time and time again. Mr consistent for years both domestically and in Europe.

My best mate is a Liverpool ST holder so I know the love they hold for Steven Gerrard.

His autobiography is a great read.

Oh, don't be so dramatic.
That is what it sounded like and was thus an easy conclusion to come to.
This is Rangers forum and not all of us are in touch with what happens in and around Anfield.
Although I agree it did sound like a very unlikely conclusion.

So, let me get this straight...

Any time Gerrard got the ball outside the box, you thought 54k were booing him? Holy fuck man.

Did you also ask yourself why anytime he got the ball anywhere else other than outside the box he wasn’t getting booed?

And I’m being dramatic?

Watching Pirlo and Gerrard n particular there. It's an absolute joy to see how effortless it all seems to them.

I also thought it was booing at first lol!

Obviously it didn’t make sense, so I thought perhaps the fans were winding him up for a laugh, or perhaps that he had maybe made comments in the newspaper that had been taken out of context and unfavourably

Once it was posted that it was actually ‘shoot’ it all made sense.

One comment I will make is that Liverpool TV pisses all over Rangers TV. It’s pretty much done like Sky and BT.

Kenny Dalglish was just commenting on the match at the end there and came across really well, as did Jason McAteer & Nigel Spackman

Bruce Grobelaar just stands there and talks pish

totally agree, i watch a lot of this channel and some of the programming and especially the documentaries are top drawer, really polished and professional,even their coverage of the youth and reserve teams is first class with a great deal of these live on the channel,,through into the mix the nightly lfc news programmes then liverpool fans have everything they want and need for their club ,set out right in front of them

I grew up despising Liverpool but Gerrard was always one of my favourites. Whilst people had Scholes or Lampard above him, I always opted for Gerrard. He was every thing you wanted in a player, midfielder, captain, leader, inspirational figure. Single handedly dragged Liverpool out the mud time and time again. Mr consistent for years both domestically and in Europe.

My best mate is a Liverpool ST holder so I know the love they hold for Steven Gerrard.

His autobiography is a great read.
I saw him going into a game against the poets must be about 15 years ago,maybe 12 and I said to him as he headed in 'I hope you're cheering for the Rangers Steven', he just blanked me but his Scottish mate/minder who was right behind him said 'He is mate'

I was stunned how thin he was, he was like a rake,but that's how long ago he knew enough about us, was interested enough to attend a game against them.

One comment I will make is that Liverpool TV pisses all over Rangers TV. It’s pretty much done like Sky and BT.

Kenny Dalglish was just commenting on the match at the end there and came across really well, as did Jason McAteer & Nigel Spackman

Bruce Grobelaar just stands there and talks pish
Rangers TV is amateurish at best.

In defence of this mate, that is what it sounded like.
Perhaps it just sums up how conditioned we have become to expecting negatives punted towards us.
The majority of Liverpool supporters are sound, but since they became a very successful club they have attracted a lot of support from Irish types who let us be honest, simply don't like our football club and have the sort of bitterness that never surprises in its depravity.

It genuinely did sound like boos on the shite Virgin TV coverage. Some people on here just can’t wait to have a pop. Thanks to those who cleared up the confusion.

Rangers TV is amateurish at best.
Thing is, I thought Rangers TV was very good.....up until I just watched Liverpool TV!

Our content is not too bad, some minor changes here and there, along with better after match reviews and interviews would take it up a notch or two!

Where you watching on Virgin?

Back