Steven Gerrard and LFC v AC Milan Glorie today

So, let me get this straight...

Any time Gerrard got the ball outside the box, you thought 54k were booing him? Holy fuck man.

Did you also ask yourself why anytime he got the ball anywhere else other than outside the box he wasn’t getting booed?

And I’m being dramatic?

Reminds me of that white South African guy who played at the 2010 World Cup. He was called Boothe, and when he got the ball everyone in the staduim shouted his name and people thought he was getting booed because he was white :eek::D

People aren't the brightest.

Any time Gerrard got the ball outside the box, you thought 54k were booing him? Holy fuck man.

Did you also ask yourself why anytime he got the ball anywhere else other than outside the box he wasn’t getting booed?

And I’m being dramatic?

No point arguing man. I’ve already stated that I was at Anfield today, and they were constantly shouting ‘shoot’.

Liverpool fans will never boo a local kid who won them their fifth European Cup against all odds.

The only man who gets jokingly booed at Anfield is Michael Owen, for obvious reasons.

giphy.gif

And I’m being dramatic?
Yes of course you are being dramatic.
Insinuating that Bears are stupid because what sounded like booing was misconstrued as booing more or less seals the deal.

It wasn't booing it was cleared up and we were very grateful that it was cleared up.
That was all there was to it.

Imagine him with a pre season behind him, still smashing goals in from outside the area.

The shouting “shoot” happens at every EPL ground every game so find it unusual anyone would be confused by it.

Imagine him with a pre season behind him, still smashing goals in from outside the area.
I think he's lost a bit of enthusiasm lately as he's realised a lot of the current squad just aren't up to it. It must be difficult to talk over and over to a guy about the importance of giving everything, never chucking it etc when you know deep down they just don't have it.

There was a point last week when Grezda mishit a pass and shanked it out for a shy and it rolled right across to Gerrard's feet and he didn't even flinch. He looked baffled.

I think he's lost a bit of enthusiasm lately as he's realised a lot of the current squad just aren't up to it. It must be difficult to talk over and over to a guy about the importance of giving everything, never chucking it etc when you know deep down they just don't have it.

There was a point last week when Grezda mishit a pass and shanked it out for a shy and it rolled right across to Gerrard's feet and he didn't even flinch. He looked baffled.
Yea he deffo is but he must have known the standard of players he would be working with and that he would be frustrated a lot of the time.

I think he just wants to finish this season as strong as possible, get a break and get some quality players in the summer, the same as we all do

No point arguing man. I’ve already stated that I was at Anfield today, and they were constantly shouting ‘shoot’.

Liverpool fans will never boo a local kid who won them their fifth European Cup against all odds.

The only man who gets jokingly booed at Anfield is Michael Owen, for obvious reasons.

You must have been the guy in the Kop with the Rangers scarf ? :))

You must have been the guy in the Kop with the Rangers scarf ? :))

No no haha. I did go through a spell of wearing a half and half scarf in my teens at Anfield though:D

Was there a Rangers scarf in the Kop? Heard some of my mates talking about it but wasn’t sure.

Ten Grand lol
I remember years ago, when I collected football programmes, hearing about a story which I have no reason to doubt.

Man Utd are obviously a well collected club when it comes to memorabilia and the away Red Star Belgrade programme from 1958 tends to sell for a fortune, being the last game before the crash.

When sides played in Europe back then, trips were often 3-4 days, not 2 days and after the game there was a banquet, a la formula one, in the more sporting attitude of the times.

Apparently a Man Utd fan travelled across Europe from Germany, where he was serving in the forces, to Belgrade for the game. Afterwards, so the story goes, the fan went to the hotel and managed to get the programme signed by many players from both sides, including some who obviously sadly perished in the crash.

Allegedly the programme was sold for £10k’s in the 1980’s. if true, I imagine it will not have changed hands since.

Imagine being an actual person that believes Steven Gerrard would get booed at Anfield because he manages Rangers.

I struggle to see how people like that cope in day to day life.

No no haha. I did go through a spell of wearing a half and half scarf in my teens at Anfield though:D

Was there a Rangers scarf in the Kop? Heard some of my mates talking about it but wasn’t sure.

Yes definitely - first clip of the the crowd in the Kop after SG's goal - right hand side of screen :))

Back