Steven Gerrard gets green light to bring another big name

You could argue he has played at a better level with us than he was previously ie Europa League and with an expectation of consistency that was also beyond what he’s had to play at previously.

Professional, healthy living players can easily play on into their mid 30s without any drop off in level. Candieas fits that profile, he’s as fit as a fiddle with no injury history. However to be clearer a deal at £700k or above is what I would class as a good deal.
So if a club buys him for a million, how much could they sell him for a year or two later?
That’s why he’s gone for 250k

Robert Skov is a cracking player but one we cant afford sadly..

Where is Robert Skov mentioned? I think it is Skov-Olsen being mentioned. Robert Skov would be about 10mil or more. Looks a great player and Tottenham and Fenerbahce were linked but not heard anything since.

Where is Robert Skov mentioned? I think it is Skov-Olsen being mentioned. Robert Skov would be about 10mil or more. Looks a great player and Tottenham and Fenerbahce were linked but not heard anything since.

someone mentioned him, dont think hes a target - was just saying hes a cracking player

So if a club buys him for a million, how much could they sell him for a year or two later?
That’s why he’s gone for 250k
I understand the maths based on depreciation, but based on cold hard facts you have to try for more than £250k. He wanted the move. He was a first team regular last season with 6 goals and 12 assists, minimal injury record and a good pre season so far.

I understand the maths based on depreciation, but based on cold hard facts you have to try for more than £250k. He wanted the move. He was a first team regular last season with 6 goals and 12 assists, minimal injury record and a good pre season so far.

It means nothing when he’s free in five months time.

Yeah but you have to consider the value as a squad player. To have him as an option. We have few right wingers. Fine if we plan to replace him and have someone lined up.

If he instigated the move then we probably saved on paying him off, that’ll bring it up a bit.

None of that means anything when he’s free in five months time and about to hit 32.

Like it or lump it, simple football economics.
Free in 11mths time not 5mths, free agent and pre contract are 2 different things!

Back