Steven Gerrard gets green light to bring another big name

Gives me a bit of confidence that although the SD debacle could be a waste of money. It is not a hindrance or worry.

So you're suggesting we paid 1.7m in fees, over and above the developmental fee?

Bullshit.
I have no idea about this particular deal.

I do however believe it’s possible certainly not a million miles away. Agent fee plus a player signing on fee as a sweetener. On market value I’d say even with the £2m were a minimum of £3m up.

That may be true, but he is never injured, gives 100%, fully fit and is team focused. At 31 he is still in his prime.

We obviously decided a while ago we were not going to offer him a new contract. Ruthless but correct. This move will have been in the pipeline a while.

We obviously decided a while ago we were not going to offer him a new contract. Ruthless but correct. This move will have been in the pipeline a while.
I am not disputing that Mate. I am just saying if the £250,00 is the correct figure, then we have sold him on the cheap.
That seems to be the norm for us selling players of late.

I've wondered that instead of a fee in the 2-3m range to a club that we wouldn't offer that money to a free agent to come as part of their wages on a 2 year deal.

Maybe a striker who currently is without a club that played with the gaffer?

Who's to say he was speaking to any newspapers? They could have just picked up his quotes and made a story from it.

True, we have very few friends in the press. If we didnt speak to them they would just make up this shit anyway.

I am not disputing that Mate. I am just saying if the £250,00 is the correct figure, then we have sold him on the cheap.
That seems to be the norm for us selling players of late.

In this case i think its correct for the club to accept an offer. Howerer, we dont know the facts but when you compare with Armstrong (albeit younger) going to Soton for a reported £7m you have to smell bullshit somewhere.

I've wondered that instead of a fee in the 2-3m range to a club that we wouldn't offer that money to a free agent to come as part of their wages on a 2 year deal.

Maybe a striker who currently is without a club that played with the gaffer?
Sturridge is banned with the FA appealing that the ban isn’t long enough.

I doubt the media have a clue when it comes to what we’ve been paid for selling a player,or how much we’ve bought one for.
SG has already said the fees quoted by said media for Katic,Barasic,Grezda and Helander to name a few have all been incorrect.

There’s much more reliable and respectable sources in here worth listening to.As much as FF can be frustrating at times there are a lot of very knowledgeable and intelligent folk on here believe it or not.

Its 2019 and folk are still stupid enough to go off on one at figures plucked from thin air by journalists who do it for that very reason.

Take Helander, for instance, the media had us spending anything up to 6 million on him, obviously done to pile the pressure on the guy, then Gerrard corrects them and confirms its half of that.

The Scotsman is just grabbing at figures, hike up the price we pay, downplay the money we get in, Rangers in trouble, sums not adding up blah blah blah!

As for the reported £250k, DC would’ve been worth more to us than that throughout the season, I’d hazard a guess it’s more than that

It was widely being discussed yesterday it was £250,000 at our EveryoneAnyone press conference, so most likely club have given nod on that

That’s the fee I have been told we received

As for money available and someone else to come in, I tweeted out on blog Helander done 2 more to go, if you consider Kent being one then today’s story makes sense in line with what I was told

Hopefully it’s a wee surprise for everyone

Could we be fixing the roofe up even more than just cladding , if you catch my drift ?;)

The figures quoted in this non story are hilarious. If it was in relation to another teams players, Aribo would be 500K, Helander 2mill and Candeias 1.5mill. Usual bullsh!t Scottish journalism.

[QUOTE="WATP1979, post: 3981005, member: 173"]I believe the deal is nearer €1m[/QUOTE]

Belief based on what exactly?

Indeed. It's all very reminiscent of Martin Bain's complete ineptitude when it comes to outgoings.
We sell a 31 yo European journeyman, 1 year left,FF goes to tonto. We've sold too cheaply. Fee €300k
We buy a 31 yo Euro journeyman, 1 year left ,FF goes to to. We've paid too much .Fee €300k
Follow Follow at its finest, desperate to have a go at Rangers.

Back