Steven Gerrard gives Liverpool fans idea of transfer plan and style if he became manager

One of the first comments at the bottom of the page.
“Again with the gerrard story??? Must be about the 100th time it’s been written about, so bored of it, klopp reading this must think what the hell is wrong with these people. Let him do his job and stop trying to replace him. It really is the manc echo, gerrard isn’t experienced enough end of, and managing rangers is nothing, it’s like managing a second division team. he needs to manage successfully a top flight club before he should be given the job and wait until klopp has finished! YNWA”

They really do look down on football up here. Rangers are a bigger club than Liverpool with higher expectations. I’m sure he could handle and would do just fine in the job.

“Again with the gerrard story??? Must be about the 100th time it’s been written about, so bored of it, klopp reading this must think what the hell is wrong with these people. Let him do his job and stop trying to replace him. It really is the manc echo, gerrard isn’t experienced enough end of, and managing Rangers is nothing, it’s like managing a second division team. he needs to manage successfully a top flight club before he should be given the job and wait until klopp has finished! YNWA”

They really do look down on football up here. Rangers are a bigger club than Liverpool with higher expectations. I’m sure he could handle and would do just fine in the job.
The muppet should listen to 3 of Liverpool’s greatest icons in Souness,Dalglish & Gerrard.:cool:

“Again with the gerrard story??? Must be about the 100th time it’s been written about, so bored of it, klopp reading this must think what the hell is wrong with these people. Let him do his job and stop trying to replace him. It really is the manc echo, gerrard isn’t experienced enough end of, and managing Rangers is nothing, it’s like managing a second division team. he needs to manage successfully a top flight club before he should be given the job and wait until klopp has finished! YNWA”

I wouldn’t read too much into these sort of things. It’s probably a deranged yahoo, pretending to be a Liverpool fan.

Ah, the daily ‘Gerrard to become Liverpool manager soon’ article.

It is getting a bit condescending, both to us and Scottish football as a whole, as if we are a warm up act before he takes on a real job, like teenage work experience.

Thankfully, Gerrard does not think along those lines. He could have possibly worked his way up through the ranks at Liverpool, just like they used to do there, and just like Zidane and Guardiola successfully did, without managing beforehand, in Spain. But he put his entire managerial future on the line by becoming our manager, not to mention being away from his young family for long periods of time.

There is no doubt that he will likely end up there within the next 3-5 years, and you would always expect him to want to end up there. But I struggle to fathom the mileage in the story of trying to predict who will be Liverpool’s manager in years to come, when they guy they have got just now has done rather well, and is contracted for another 3 years.

Mental.

Liverpool fans getting a bit carried away with themselves here if they think replacing Klopp with Gerrard would be a good solution for their current woes. Klopp is one of the best managers in the world, his resume shows as much, they have just had nightmare this year due to unforeseen circumstances. Everything that could have went wrong, did go wrong this year for Liverpool, getting rid of Klopp would be a total disaster for Liverpool.

SG and his backroom team will be here next season for the chance of CL and defending the title.

Beyond that who knows. If Liverpool is the ultimate destination ( which it is) then building upon success here would be as advantageous as going to a bigger league but then risking failure.

In fairness to the lad, there is a lot of second division teams reaching the latter stages of European competition. Place is awash with them, beating the likes of Galatasary, Porto, Braga, Liege and Antwerp. So you can see where he's coming from.

Ah, the daily ‘Gerrard to become Liverpool manager soon’ article.

It is getting a bit condescending, both to us and Scottish football as a whole, as if we are a warm up act before he takes on a real job, like teenage work experience.

Thankfully, Gerrard does not think along those lines. He could have possibly worked his way up through the ranks at Liverpool, just like they used to do there, and just like Zidane and Guardiola successfully did, without managing beforehand, in Spain. But he put his entire managerial future on the line by becoming our manager, not to mention being away from his young family for long periods of time.

There is no doubt that he will likely end up there within the next 3-5 years, and you would always expect him to want to end up there. But I struggle to fathom the mileage in the story of trying to predict who will be Liverpool’s manager in years to come, when they guy they have got just now has done rather well, and is contracted for another 3 years.

Mental.
Regular click bait in the Daily Record

He's nowhere near ready for the Liverpool job. It'll always be there for him. He can afford to wait as long as he wants.

Yeah, Lampard looked good initially as Chelsea manager, but towards the end his inexperience shone through, he should have stayed at Derby for another couple of seasons at least, now his probably one and only chance of being Chelsea manager is gone.

Gerrard should be careful not to take the Liverpool job before he has enough experience, as if he doesn't have enough experience it might ruin his one and only chance.

The comments are almost universally negative about the prospect of Gerrard returning there as manager.

Some of it is reasonable, others just ignorant pish.

Winning the title with us on top of his European performances to date will definitely have made Gerrard a very serious candidate to replace Klopp, but if the German left tomorrow I’m not sure they’d turn to him this early in his managerial career.

I think they’d probably want to see him sustain domestic success and make his mark in the CL first, all of which suits me just fine.

We’ll carry him shoulder high from Glasgow to Liverpool when the time comes fs but it will be no time soon. Once we win 5IAR and a European trophy, I think he’ll consider it.

The arrogance can be incredible. They really miss the point in regard to the financial advantages they have. Rangers in the EPL would be bigger than them. Without experiencing it they remain ignorant!

Far too early for Gerrard to be going to Liverpool.
I believe he knows this himself. He’ll get one crack
at the Liverpool job so will want to be 100% sure he’s
ready. That means a few years of continued domestic
success and Champion League experience.

He will find out how big we are when the league is in the bag.
I think Stevie G knows how big we are mate, it’s some ill informed fans of English teams that don’t. I saw Souness putting someone right the other day.

The Tim’s have been tax experts, law experts, accounting experts and now seem to be body language experts now , some bead rattler on kiddy fiddler st now has Gerrard as unhappy at Rangers and is definitely away in the summer lol ... backward bastards

I love Gerrard and I know we'll lose him one day but the foundations he has built will see us in good stead for decades to come.
Foundations can be eroded away very very fast. We hit the Jackpot with Gerrard and Beale. Remember when Steve G goes he is going to leave only Broxi Bear and Jimmy Bell. Steve G is taking everything and anything with him to Liverpool.

Lampard got the Chelsea job after hardly setting the world on fire with Derby. Arteta got the Arsenal job without any management experience. I’d suggest SG has done more with fewer resources than either of those and will certainly be offered the LFC job at some point. I don’t believe however that it will be anytime soon and if he won’t go to LFC I honestly can’t see him swapping Champions League for, let’s say, Southampton or Newcastle or any of England’s lesser lights.

I think hell need a mid level EPL team for a couple of years after us. He's not ready for Liverpool yet.

So you think he needs to go back down the way first? He took over us at our lowest ebb. It took him a few years to find his feet but we were in disaray although the signs of things to come have always been there. Mainly in Europe where our style of play has been a breath of fresh air.
He has taken us back to our rightful place in Scottish Football in the most important of seasons where the consequences of not winning the league didnt bare thinking about and is now about to lead us into the Champions League.
What would taking over at a Leeds, Wolves or Southampton do for his managerial career?

Even putting aside his famous Title victory this season, his results against teams in Europe who have bigger budgets will be noted by Liverpool and other elite clubs.

Gerrard and his staff improve players and get them to perform to their maximum.

These details get noticed when big clubs are analysing potential managers.

I think Klopp will win the league next season with Liverpool once they get players back and sign a few players.

He will undoubtedly be given next season

To be fair and I was going to post this on a separate thread but the debates boring.

sky sports give the championship more time than our game so who’s faults that?

Liverpool fans getting a bit carried away with themselves here if they think replacing Klopp with Gerrard would be a good solution for their current woes. Klopp is one of the best managers in the world, his resume shows as much, they have just had nightmare this year due to unforeseen circumstances. Everything that could have went wrong, did go wrong this year for Liverpool, getting rid of Klopp would be a total disaster for Liverpool.
That reads like what a lot of Lennon supporters used to say about him.

okay maybe not the best managers in the world bit, but from “nightmare this year” onwards.

It will be sad when he goes just hope it’s later rather than sooner. We all know if they wanted him tomorrow he would go.

I don't agree with the idea Gerrard needs more experience before getting the Liverpool job.

Some of the biggest clubs in football have hired managers with no prior experience at the top level - Guardiola (Barcelona), Zidane (Real Madrid), Arteta (Arsenal) etc. Liverpool themselves brought in Rodgers when he'd only managed at Swansea before. Man Utd have Ole who was a failure at Cardiff.

Gerrard not only has experience with Liverpool's academy but has now managed one of Europe's biggest clubs, had a few extremely successful seasons in European competition and as well as winning the league with less resources than the main rivals.

I don't want Gerrard to go for a long time but if Klopp leaves it's moronic to suggest Gerrard doesn't have enough experience for that job.

Hopefully the Liverpool owners agree with that statement, so they wont want him B-D

It has taken Gerrard 3 years of hard work and experiencing a few set backs to build a structure that is fully functioning and producing results. It is only just now it is reaping the rewards.

That is in a league where he has massive advantages over every other team bar one. If he went to say, Newcastle for instance, he would have to start from scratch. It would take another few years to build that infrastructure all the while having to play against top notch opposition.

Also, in Rangers he has a team that demands success. That is a great learning curve for Gerrard, the pressure is immense in Glasgow, a draw is considered a disaster. This environment will stand him in good stead for the Liverpool job, no club in England is under so much pressure on a weekly basis.

I am very confident that Gerrard will stay at Ibrox for at least another two years, barring any major changes at Liverpool.

We best get used to all this speculation , its gonna continue for the rest of his time here.

If and when the Liverpool job came up it would be very interesting to see just what SG decided to do.

For the sake of argument imagine if over the next couple of years we improved so much, we were a good outside bet for the CL. Would he leave to start again even at Liverpool ,or want to continue to build an even better squad and team at Ibrox with winning the CL the ultimate goal?

I appreciate football management is a helluva lot different than any 'ordinary job' but as a lot of us have probably found out in our working life, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Souness has often said it was a huge mistake leaving us to go to Anfield so who knows.

Clickbait. He was not addressing their fans directly. Interesting the comments are all negative, along the lines of Klopp needs to to sort it out and will.

Nothing like a sweeping generalisation.
Not sure if this is a sincere comment or just a diversion while his mate is outside stealing your hubcaps.

There are a few points made in regards to this that get lost amongst the hysteria.

Klopp won't be going anywhere just yet unless he chooses to. He has a lot of credit in the bank with both the Liverpool fans and management. This season has been a bizarre perfect storm of unfortunate events.

Gerrard is not ready yet. Rangers has a unique set of pressures for a manager and he has learned and developed sensibly in his new profession but needs another couple of years of success, particularly in Europe.

The insult about Rangers being like a 2nd Division club fails to account for the pressure to win at Rangers and the complete intolerance of failure but it is relevant if you look at the levels and demands of the players required to achieve success. At Rangers, Gerrard can attract a decent player for a decent fee, who still has a step ot two to go to reach the top level of world football. He has no experience though of managing an Mbappe or Thiago or Salah, who has already got there but needs to still be motivated.

I love Gerrard and I know we'll lose him one day but the foundations he has built will see us in good stead for decades to come.
The infrastructure is in place for us to continue being successful post Gerrard, I just hope they are planning for that eventuality and have in mind the type of character they would want to replace him. Could Gary Mac be a possibility?

Back