Steven Gerrard has agreed a two-year extension

Good news. He must be happy in what the board have to offer in terms of progression and vision going forward too. Which gives me confidence.

I’m a pessimist I just think we will struggle to get a replacement with such a high standing in the game as he has.

Obviously I hope I’m totally wrong.
Agreed. Already it feels like whoever and whenever his replacement is, it will be a massive step down from who we have now.

I f.ucking love the guy.

Agreed. Already it feels like whoever and whenever his replacement is, it will be a massive step down from who we have now.

I f.ucking love the guy.

Yet can't bring yourself to say a good word about the board who hired him. I'm surprised you have the audacity to even comment on threads like this.

Delighted with this news. We have come so far since he took over and I see him as the most important spoke in the wheel. For him to commit till 2024 is showing he means business which can only be good for us.
We are getting there faster than I thought, a bit of inexperience still showing but really delighted with the squad. A bit more composure under pressure required especially in the last third and we would have wiped both teams last night and in the cup final. This will come and a bit of juggling and good business in the January transfer window will also help.
The way we are progressing is uncanny. A relatively new manager and backroom staff that are exceptional. I have huge confidence in how they are delivering and it can only be good for the club that they are here for the long term now. Blips will happen along the road but silverware is on its way and the future looks great. Thanks Stevie G for having faith in us. I have every faith in you.

I wonder if he intends to move his family up here now?
Long time to be commuting back and forth, especially when you have one kid that is young.

giphy.gif

Fantastic news he’ll lead us to 55 I’ve no doubts our profile throughout the world will get bigger and better hopefully attract good young hungry players to Ibrox now let’s win something.

Brilliant news for the club. I'm also glad that most on this forum are happy with this news after the ridicule I took for suggesting we should appoint him as our manager.

Brilliant news for the club. I'm also glad that most on this forum are happy with this news after the ridicule I took for suggesting we should appoint him as our manager.
Agreed mate. You did. I did. We both took a hell of a lot of stick for suggesting SG. People thought we were insane. We got our man in the end though ;)

Love Stevie G. The guy has taken our club forward to levels that we could have been years away under the likes of Pedro and Warburton. Well deserved.

Excellent news and very sensible move from the board.

Gaffer deserves loads of credit for the job he's done thus far and conducts himself at all times like a true gent and proper Rangers manager.

At the risk of staying the obvious, all that's missing in silverware. Confident that Stevie and the team are putting the graft in and giving us every chance to bring us some trophies very soon...

Sky pulling the plonker off themselves because he and klopp have both extended to 2024

Tbf if he moves on to the Liverpool job it will mean he's been a massive success with us and we are sitting on 57 at least

Very happy with this.
He correctly pointed out the magnitude of last night's achievement and the measure of our progress so far since he's been Manager.

This tells me more about the board’s long-term investment plans than anything else.
I don’t think there is any way that Steven Gerrard would be extending his contract if he did not believe he was going to have the funds available to win everything that Scotland has to offer.

Great news this is the most stable the club has been in years and we are building something special you can feel it and see it I know we can all be moaning bassas at times but only a fool would fail to see how far they have brought us in only a short space of time exciting times ahead.

Delighted that he has signed and a huge fan. However this is surely that last season he could survive without a trophy (Hope we win the 3 left) so 2024 then becomes a mute point.

Back