Steven Gerrard is following the Dick Advocaat Rangers blueprint and that's bad news for the rest - Barry Ferguson

nice read. although i don't quite agree with the notion that if we get through east fife then legia and celtic will be a breeze.
I think it is a bit of humour with fife having 4 different climates(wind rain snow sun) Legia and Celtic will be a breeze.

Are you knew here? First reply decreed it was inane ramblings so becomes FF policy.

Personally don't see much wrong with it. Ferguson compared what he sees now with what he feels is a similar scenario in his own career.

Then again I haven't won a Pulitzer award like many of the journalistic experts on here.
I don't think many Journalists would spell new as knew.;)

Barry Ferguson is a effen legend .I sometimes wonder if any of the agitators ever watched Rangers He would ragdoll this present Septic team He is a treble winning captain .

It always amazes me that some seem to care more about daft newspaper articles than what whichever ex-player is getting it tight this week achieved on the pitch for us.

Some people saying they’ll never forget him apparently ‘sticking the boot in’. I’ll never forget the fact that he captained us to a treble and has done more for Rangers than I could ever dream of.

For years DJ was lauded as the biggest uncle Tom on here,now loved as he should be. Its Barrys turn now, Barry loves Rangers amd i think the article is fine.

It strains belief that a newspaper would pay for this inane ramble.

It says more about what they think about the average football fan. Still Barry might not be the most literate but he genuinely seems to have the right feelings about what’s happening around the club for me.

That “turncoat/hater” whichever you’re calling him (he’s neither by the way) has done things for our club you couldn’t even dream of and will be spoke about long after you’re gone.. I’m sure he will be gutted that it makes you sick
I’ve stood and fought for our club since 2012 when the scum demoted us. I’m comfortable with my behaviour since. The Ferguson’s however. Don’t make me fucking laugh pal.

I’ve stood and fought for our club since 2012 when the scum demoted us. I’m comfortable with my behaviour since. The Ferguson’s however. Don’t make me fucking laugh pal.

So you've done more for Rangers than two time treble winner and one of only 3* men to captain Rangers in a European Final, Barry Ferguson?

That's a bit mental.

*Unsure who captained us in 1961 but unlikely to be John Greig.

So you've done more for Rangers than two time treble winner and one of only 3* men to captain Rangers in a European Final, Barry Ferguson?

That's a bit mental.

*Unsure who captained us in 1961 but unlikely to be John Greig.
are you just acting daft? My comments are NOTHING to do with his playing record. Since 2012 would be the clue.

If they’re comfortable with theirs then who are you to judge?

People can’t stand the fact that Barry left.
Some can’t stand the fact he married a catholic.
Some can’t stand the fact he dares to tell it as it is with us. Good or bad (and yes mostly bad because let’s face facts. It’s mainly been bad for the last 7 or 8 years)

I respect him for firstly his glittering career with us, secondly that he gives his opinion and doesn’t care who likes it. As I said, he only says what a lot on here say the majority of the time. But some would rather he pandered to them and told us our shite smells like roses

He’s not “writing” it.
Do you think Barry Ferguson would use a world like “borne”.
Ferguson tells a story.
A journalist will pan it out into how many words he needs to in order to fill a space.
Didn’t for one minute think that he did. Still crap writing.

This place is mental. People moan about our players never saying anything good about us and when they do they get slaughtered for it.
Some of the people on here really are nothing but soundbites.
The media hate us
The refs are against us
Our ex players are all fannies
Mr gerrard xan do know wrong
We are never beaten but always cheated

That advocaat team would likely ragdoll us up and down the park.
The one that spent £30m in one season on the back of 9 in a row with one of the biggest wage budgets in Europe? Do you think so aye?

Last edited:
I’ve no time for Ferguson any more. As @SenoraCuellar mentions, he’s only saying positive stuff about the club now that we look like a decent threat. If he was one that stood up and defended us when we needed it, then he would have a far better standing, but as it stands my views are “thanks for the memories”, but I don’t want to hear him say a word about the club again.
But it isn’t like there’s been any positives to talk about until recently anyway.

He said negative things when we were losing or drawing like plenty on here. He’s more positive in his articles just like we are because we’re winning and there’s far more positivity around the club and fans.

But it isn’t like there’s been any positives to talk about until recently anyway.
If you don’t think the transformation last season under Gerrard that seen us go on a completely unexpected European run, skelp Celtic easily and finish the season very strong are all negatives, then I’m quite happy being a negative bastard.

If you don’t think the transformation last season under Gerrard that seen us go on a completely unexpected European run, skelp Celtic easily and finish the season very strong are all negatives, then I’m quite happy being a negative bastard.

Ferguson has put his name to numerous positive articles in that time.

Don't forget the "F*cK The SFA" video of last season either when talking about 2008.

Rangers fans are often negative towards the club. Ferguson is no different.

If he said anything positive durin the spiv era he woulda been accused of toeing the party line. Can't win.

Theres not been a lot to be positive about over the last few years. He tells it as it is. Now we are finally looking like a real team is it a crime for him to say so. Hes a fan like the rest of us and will celebrate like the rest of us when were back winning silverware
We will agree to disagree people like Barry only seem to have something to say when they are getting paid.

Some folk are embarrassing on here. A positive article where he’s actively complementing the team for the way they are playing and the spirit they showed at Kilmarnock. He’s also right that the next 3/4 weeks will prove just how good a start to the season we’ve had.

Really sad that some folk see the name Barry Ferguson and before they’ve even read the article have themselves whipped up into a frenzy about big bad Barry.

Weirdos.

Barry Ferguson was a phenomenal player for us , a fantastic talent who comes along once every 20 years or so .

His articles , and not just his but similar stuff from all your ex pros , are in the main harmless rehashed cliched page fillers .

It’s a waste of time reading them though . It’s just fodder .

For a highly successful former Club captain, there is a way to be constructive and even critical. We have and had enough detractors over the last few years, without former players joining in. I just think he got it wrong by jumping on that bandwagon when the Club needed support.
He didn’t pitch up with any sort of encouragement when the chips were down, but wants to now things seem to have improved.
Nor should he expect praise for supporting the Club now, amid memories of the boot going in when we least needed it.

No time for him or his brother or his nephew

I'd bet Stevie G hasn't gave a single thought to DA nor has he spent tens of millions, nor are the tactics or formation the same.

Other than that, we are playing good football and winning but thats what most teams with ambition try to do :D
I'd say he's more trying to adopt Liverpool's style of play,bring it on I say.

Not at all, last season was very much an improvement but I’m referring to everything before that. You have to admit there’s been very little to shout home about until the past 12 months and even then it’s been trophy-less. So I can understand some people not only having positive things to say.

You’re just getting in there to see how many actually want to criticise Ferguson for no reason other than a dislike of Ferguson.
That can be the only reason for picking fault with this piece.
Unless to remind him that Shelbourne’s third goal that night came in the second half.
agree 100% its Barry Fergusons opinion or is he not allowed that

Back