Steven Gerrard: Ryan Kent has got to ask himself whether he wants to return to Rangers

Wouldn't be surprised if we got Kent on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee. He's flourishing at Ibrox and he's not gonna get in Liverpool's first team so it would make sense for him to return to us.

The ball is firmly in Ryan Kent's court by the looks of that interview. Im sure Liverpool would be more than happy for him to continue his development under a club legend at a huge club like ours.

If Ryan Kent wants to be a Rangers player next season, then he will be.
It's as simple as that. We don't need to be overthinking this.

Steven Gerrard couldn't be any clearer on this issue.
Correct. Gerrard knows how to play the game and get the message across.

Leeds are still hovering about Kent. Clarke being sold for £8.5m could boost their attempts to sign Kent. I do think Kent would want to come back to us however, I would understand him wanting a permanent move giving the number of loans he has had to date.
He would be mad to turn down that kind of offer but I hope he does

Its a difficult one. Part of me really wants him back as he is a level above most in the SPFL. But the bigger part of me doesn't want players who don't really want to be here, and who would come if they have nothing better on offer! Compare and contrast to the likes of Weiss and Davis who came and made it clear they wanted to be here.

Back