Steven Gerrard song suggestion

No doubt some of those on here slaughtering it were happy to sing the Ian Durrant rip off song to him.

The man deserves an original song. This is a decent effort.

Just rip off the Frank lampard song Chelsea sing

We've got super Steven Gerrard
He knows exactly what we need
Katic at the back
Alfie in attack
Rangers are going to win the league

Same tune as follow follow glasgow rangers

No doubt some of those on here slaughtering it were happy to sing the Ian Durrant rip off song to him.

The man deserves an original song. This is a decent effort.
Many of them don't even use their imagination. They are happy to jump on the bandwagon (using sh1te patter they genuinely think is original and wasn't even good at the time it was 1st aired.:D) to slag it off.

Did you write that one all on your own?
Dont be so up tight bud.
If you have the bottle to upload yourself chanting for all to see (and not knocking you, you clearly have the minerals for it).
You can expect a wee bit of banter about it.

Dont be so up tight bud.
If you have the bottle to upload yourself chanting for all to see (and not knocking you, you clearly have the minerals for it).
You can expect a wee bit of banter about it.
Right back at you mate, if you put a witty comment up you can expect one in response ;)

The positives...

It doesn't contain the same words and phrases that are shoehorned into just about every other song suggestion on here... loyal, true, we are the people who, 55, etc, etc.

The negatives...

It's a bit shit.

Sorry WBD. :D

Reactions: WBD
The positives...

It doesn't contain the same words and phrases that are shoehorned into just about every other song suggestion loyal, true, we are the people who, 55, etc, etc.

The negatives...

It's a bit shit.

Sorry WBD. :D
My remit was...., keep it simple, as few words as possible, a tune everybody knows, one that's easy to join in with, an original tune (no other fans have used it before) Job done. :D

I genuinely don't understand why some can't use their imagination. If I suggested using Voulez-Vous by Abba. It would have got a roasting, yet Liverpool fans open minded turn it into a great Liverpool song. If I suggested Achey breaky heart, same treatment would have been dished out.

The most common question on these songs threads is "do any of these suggestions ever make it"? No wonder none do when you people dismiss it right off the bat. Granted there is some shit, probably 90% and I have suggested some shit over the years :D

Open minds, use imagination..... Then stick.the boot in :D

This song will catch on hopefully but should be sung faster similar to the way this song is sung

No harm in trying though. Would be phenomenal to have our own 'Jamie Webster' getting the crowd going with great songs about our team.

I know that boss in the background with German colours is for klopp but imagine that was here and we had a German manager given that Hugo boss made nazi uniforms, our media would be in meltdown with “nazi bash” etc they would twist the life right out of that

Reactions: WBD

It's a rough recording, not as clear as original

tenor.gif

It’s embarrassing we have a song for Warbuton and McCoist as manager but not one for Stevie G except a Falkirk song or a boring England managers song.

It’s embarrassing we have a song for Warbuton and McCoist as manager but not one for Stevie G except a Falkirk song or a boring England managers song.
That's the problem. Our fans (well, a lot on here) don't have the imagination to see how a tune that has never been used before by other fans can work. That is why so many come on with suggestions using tunes already proven by other fans.

Ticket to ride is one which is easily sung, no dodgy high notes or tricky timing. Simple lyrics to go with it.

Jumping on the bandwagon.....

There’s something that the Gers want you to know,

Steven Gerrard came and said Let’s Go,

Our manager,

He’s come here to bring us 55,

Steve Gerrard

he’s come here to bring us 55!
(Si Senor)

Steven Gerrard
Were winning 55, Steven Gerrard
You can keep your Celtic, keep Kilmarnock as well
Stevie Gerrard will give you hell.

To the tune of...YMCA

Any chance you could record that up for us please WBD, I think it may work?

To the Psalms we go for such a man.

He rules the realms of Ibrox park
A Gaffer the world reveers
his players follow him out of the dark
Out into the light and cheers.

King to all the world's Rangers support.
A man of infinite renown.
Steven Gerrard The Gaffer and The Master.
He wears the halloed crown.

Halloedpresence... Amen.

To the tune of Let It Be

When we found ourselves in times of trouble,
Dave King made a trip to see,
If he could be the answer,
Stevie G

Stevie G, Stevie G, Stevie G, Stevie G
He will be the answer
Stevie G!

Surely that allows Lounge access and bypass the 250 post rule? :D
I think this could work, with maybe a slight tweak to the lyrics!

To the tune of Let It Be

When we found ourselves in times of trouble,
Dave King made a trip to see,
If he could be the answer,
Stevie G

Stevie G, Stevie G, Stevie G, Stevie G
He will be the answer
Stevie G!

Surely that allows Lounge access and bypass the 250 post rule? :D

Yes

Guess who's back
Back again
Rangers are back, tell a tim

Guess who's back, guess who's back ...

Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me
I said, this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me

We just need the gaffer to sing it for us.

Back