Steven Gerrard

WilldeBoer

Young (in management terms), ambitious, hungry for success, played at the top level, commands respect. Sound familiar? Why not start another revolution? It was good enough then why not now? Circumstances are entirely different but it might be a chance worth taking.

Current candidates are utterly uninspiring. Looking at the options there are no guarantees with anyone.

Managing Rangers is one of the biggest jobs in British football.

SG is nowhere near ready.

Would be an utterly baffling appointment. No chance he will be considered and I'd have doubts that he'd even want it.

Even if he was the right man, can't see him wanting to come here. Souness was promised big money and he was Scottish and Scottish football was still up there with the English leagues. Gerrard is a Liverpool supporter and Scottish football is now a backwater compared to England

He and lampard always worked so well together for England maybe they could pair up again with Gerrard manager lampard assistant???

Last edited:
If anyone suggests Gerrard over McInnes could you please let me know so I can get some use of the block function? :D

Love the big guy as a player, proper legend, but he’s about as far away from being ready as you could possibly get.

Lampard was a better player, maybe we should get him in.

He’s easier to understand in BT sport as well. ;-)

Managing Rangers is one of the biggest jobs in British football.

SG is nowhere near ready.

No way am I saying I want SG as manager because I don't but I can hazard a guess that if this forum was around in 1986 there would have been plenty screaming from the rooftops that Souness was nowhere near ready for the Rangers job and asking what he had done to deserve it.
Thankfully Holmes took a punt and it turned out not too bad

I'm not for taking a chance on a rookie manager. Besides, Rossiter already fulfils our strict 'one Scouser' policy.

Fcuk it, I'm going to throw Marcelo Gallardo's name into the hat. Leaving River once their Libertadores campaign is finished (possibly tonight) and will be looking to move to Europe.

And no I am not being serious, but I think he'll do a really good job wherever he goes.

Fcuk it, I'm going to throw Marcelo Gallardo's name into the hat. Leaving River once their Libertadores campaign is finished (possibly tonight) and will be looking to move to Europe.

And no I am not being serious, but I think he'll do a really good job wherever he goes.
liked him as a player was good for Monaco.

Could probably come in and still play as well
He’d be light years ahead of anything we have, even not having kicked a ball in 2 years.

Think he might go on to be a good coach, possibly even Manager one day and whilst he would be great from a profiling point of view and would command respect of players, he is not experienced enough as a Manager for the task ahead.

He would probably be desperate to get the better of Brenda mind!!!
;)

Out of curiosity..... how many great players have went on to be great managers?

2hdr53l.gif[

If you want to make a comparison between bringing in Gerrard and Souness, you’d have to be assuming that we’d be handing Gerrard one of the biggest transfer budgets in the UK and signing Harry Kane, Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling.

I’m in.

Back