Steven Gerrard

Where do you think he'll go? Is he linked with anyone?

Pochettino did ok with a translator at Southampton. Just saying!

As far as I am aware he hasn't been linked with anyone recently. Previously he was linked to the Argentina and Atletico Madrid (when Simeone was linked to Inter) jobs.

I don't see him going to England, Spain or Italy just seems a more natural fit, but you never know.

The thing about Gallardo is that for a relatively young (41) manager he has a lot of experience. He's won the league in two countries; 2 Continental trophies; won playing beautiful football and won playing ugly; had the pressure of managing a big club; and becuase of the financial situation in Argentina had to rebuild his team every year.

Obviously, there is a risk in every new coach, but I think he has what it takes to do a really good job outwith South America.

There are no ready made rules when it comes to choosing football managers.

Success is never guaranteed, there are far too many variables.

The secret is not to make an absolute count of it....and that is easier said than done.

So, Gerrard could do a brilliant job, he might also be dismissed after six months.
You cant rule anyone in or out.

The worse thing we can do is choose someone because they 'know the Scottish game'. That is the most parochial unambitious reasoning ever.

The prerequisite is a manager who regularly can win 3/4 of annual games against Celtic. Everything else falls into place after that.

As far as I am aware he hasn't been linked with anyone recently. Previously he was linked to the Argentina and Atletico Madrid (when Simeone was linked to Inter) jobs.

I don't see him going to England, Spain or Italy just seems a more natural fit, but you never know.

The thing about Gallardo is that for a relatively young (41) manager he has a lot of experience. He's won the league in two countries; 2 Continental trophies; won playing beautiful football and won playing ugly; had the pressure of managing a big club; and becuase of the financial situation in Argentina had to rebuild his team every year.

Obviously, there is a risk in every new coach, but I think he has what it takes to do a really good job outwith South America.

Sounds heretical to say it but think both Atletico and Simeone could do with a change. They've been playing like underdogs too long. The players need something different. Sounds like they could do worse than Gallardo

No chance Gerard would get the job. We can't afford to take another risk. The new manager will be a "steady" appointment, someone with experience of Scottish /British football. For those reasons I think it's almost certain to be McInnes or Pardew. (Just my opinion)

Sounds heretical to say it but think both Atletico and Simeone could do with a change. They've been playing like underdogs too long. The players need something different. Sounds like they could do worse than Gallardo

Haven't really seen Atletico this season, but their results do suggest a dip in form. Unless they fall off a cliff, though, I can't see a change there unless he fancies a new challenge.

Could be a vacancy across the city, but it's probably more likely they would have Poch as first option.

Gallardo's time is coming to an end, though, and it is probably for the best if it is sooner, rather than later. Hopefully an interesting project will come up in the near future.

Doesn't suit what we need. And Gerrard will be happy in his current role.

He turned down managers jobs to take the 18's.

He'll be patient for the right job.

Back