Steven MacLean confused Andy Walker and now explains his goal celebration today.

ItsInTheNet

Steven MacLean celebrated in bizarre fashion as the striker pulled a goal back against Rangers .

The 36-year-old forward stooped low to fire home a header and bring the score to 3-1 at Tynecastle this afternoon.

However, his reaction seemed to confuse fans and Sky TV pundits as he ran past the home support and produce a 'get it round ye' gesture.

The provocative celebration is understood to be an in joke between the Hearts veteran and his dad but Andy Walker claimed it was done to wind up Jambos in the stands.

MacLean has previously spoken about his old man being his biggest critic and so when he scores he often takes the opportunity to hit back.

After scoring for St Johnstone against Ross County in 2016, the striker carried out a similar celebration.

At the time he said: "My dad’s my biggest critic and I’ve singled him out in the past when I have scored, especially after a bit of a drought.

“He sits right in line with where I was looking.

“I was running back after the goal and subconsciously I’ve looked him out again. You’re not thinking straight after scoring — but even my old man thinks it was funny.

“After the game dad said ‘I see you gave me the usual celebration’.

“I told him that’s what he could expect when he spends an hour-and-a-half winding me up in the car."

Phew!
There I was thinking he was another bad nasty criminal bstrd like that villain Andy Halliday.
I am so pleased that Scottish officials can discern between a real crime like Halliday's and the fluffy warm stuff from a Hearts player to his dad.
Isn't it comforting to know that the game is in such a safe fair and impartial set of hands as the SFA?

Walker wanting game replayed ? After all the ball was still moving at the corner that led to the goal :eek: Whats a feckin fanny.

The provocative celebration is understood to be an in joke between the Hearts veteran and his dad but Andy Walker claimed it was done to wind up Jambos in the stands.
wmCLexF.gif

:D

Steven MacLean celebrated in bizarre fashion as the striker pulled a goal back against Rangers .

The 36-year-old forward stooped low to fire home a header and bring the score to 3-1 at Tynecastle this afternoon.

However, his reaction seemed to confuse fans and Sky TV pundits as he ran past the home support and produce a 'get it round ye' gesture.

MacLean has previously spoken about his old man being his biggest critic and so when he scores he often takes the opportunity to hit back.

After scoring for St Johnstone against Ross County in 2016, the striker carried out a similar celebration.

At the time he said: "My dad’s my biggest critic and I’ve singled him out in the past when I have scored, especially after a bit of a drought.

“He sits right in line with where I was looking.

“I was running back after the goal and subconsciously I’ve looked him out again. You’re not thinking straight after scoring — but even my old man thinks it was funny.

“After the game dad said ‘I see you gave me the usual celebration’.

“I told him that’s what he could expect when he spends an hour-and-a-half winding me up in the car."
A retrospective ban just like macinnes the aberdeen manager received for gesturing to the mhanks. Or are these incidents immaterial when aimed at anyone bar the scum?

There was me thinking his auld da would be in the main stand.

Oh well nothing to see here.

WATP

I smell Shiite. Sounds to me like a quickly thought out excuse to prevent a chap at the door from the totally fair and unbiased Compliant Orifice.

To be fair Andy Wankers a poet, most of them go through life without ever knowing what their dads looks like so i can’t blame him for missing that one

Quite a stench of total shite from McLean there.....why the %^*& anyone would do that after the last 3 weeks %^*& knows....

To be fair Andy Wankers a poet, most of them go through life without ever knowing what their dads looks like so i can’t blame him for missing that one
Walker thought it was appropriate to salivate, during commentary, his 'dad' was at the 1-7 game while Rangers were getting stuffed 5-0 after just 50 minutes at the chamber of secrets last season. Crocker was having orgasms wishing he was is 'dad'.

Steven McLean has done that jesture for years .heard him on off the ball saying it’s towards his dad sitting in the stand as he’s his harshest critic

He must have connections high up in the sky organisation.

A colleague who is a celtc fan says he cannot stand him as a commentator as he just spouts nonsensical comments and contradicts himself constantly.

He thinks McCann is the best and Fletcher whenever he has been on.

Get it up you Da ?

Ah well that's gratitude for all the days and nights I took you to football training .
For the clothes I put on your back .

Back