Steven Maclean

Referee was fine today. We are a Pathetic bunch after we’ve dropped points.

We didn’t drop points because of the referee, it was because we were shite.

Your prerogative to call it the way you see it but McLean was mince today as were we .

To be honest ,I don't expect anything else from him so am rarely disappointed .

Even when we win .

Have seen this movie a few times now at Ibrox this season, a streetwise away team like Kilmarnock or St Johnstone sit in, suck the life out of the game and a complicit referee gives them free kicks every time they fall to the ground. There is zero flow to the game and the crowd get increasingly frustrated. Horrible to watch and after 10 mins you know the way it’s going to finish up.

Referees like MacLean seem to have no problem being centre of attention and being conned into ruining a game of football but we need to be better at not being sucked into it.

We were rotten today, however the ref doesn't help the game today, he never lets the game flow, lets them time waste so much at throw in and freekicks it's unreal, I wish refs would put a stop to this early on in games, but it seems like you only ever get pulled up for time wasting in the last 15 minutes.

Have seen this movie a few times now at Ibrox this season, a streetwise away team like Kilmarnock or St Johnstone sit in, suck the life out of the game and a complicit referee gives them free kicks every time they fall to the ground. There is zero flow to the game and the crowd get increasingly frustrated. Horrible to watch and after 10 mins you know the way it’s going to finish up.

Referees like MacLean seem to have no problem being centre of attention and being conned into ruining a game of football but we need to be better at not being sucked into it.

Today and the Aberdeen game are perfect examples of this, it's so frustrating, the one in the second half were the St Johnstone player is already going down before Kent gets near him was a joke, the player gets up walks away 15 yards and walks back to take the freekick

This thread is about the ref - he was awful. He has been awful in every game I have seen him referee. I’m sure he reffed the game against Aberdeen at Ibrox and allowed them to disrupt play by going down and getting soft fouls. Foster could have seen red for his challenge on Kent.

He was fucking woeful.

We sneezed on a st j player and they got a foul.

He doesnt let a game flow at all. Several times he called the game back for fouls when we were attacking and didnt play advantage.

Even Murphy and Lovenkrands on RTV were commenting on how soft the fouls were against us and how he wasnt helping us by calling play back when he wasnt giving bookings.

All season, not just today, teams come to Ibrox and try and kill the flow of the game with theatrical falls, fake injuries, taking ages for throw ins, free kicks, goal kicks etc. Pure and simple its cheating. Its little wonder our game is looked on as a joke.
Onwards and upwards.

When do you ever see a ref blow up at a corner?

FFS

Frightenedto give us anything because he knows it will be scrutinised on Sportscene.
It's happened to us before this season, I had exactly this chat with pals a few months back as I wasn't clear on the rules, can't remember the games but one our opposition had a corner after the injury time and were allowed it no problem, the next game we had one but the ref blew for half time

He was poor to say the least and gave all 50/50 decisions to St Johnstone also could not wait to blow the whistle despite time wasting by them.
How on earth was it only 3 minutes extra time ? Was it 4/5 substitutions in the second half ? One St Johnstone player nearly took 3 mins to walk off the park !
We were poor today but McLean was pathetic.

I have no faith in Scottish referees now they are either just blatant cheats or poor refs and under constant pressure to ref games to our disadvantage.
Wee corrupt game it is in Scotland now sadly.

Don't talk pish.

We've been the best team by far.

Kamara, Davis, Tav, McCrorie, Candeias have all been productive.

What has been the problem is St Johnstone sitting with 8 men in defence, its something we've struggled against all season long.

They're playing on the break, what we need to do is batter them into submission. But having a Rhat c t as a ref is going to see our play broken down all day long.
They had the two best chances and actually ran our defence ragged at times in that 2nd half. We did nowhere near enough to win that game.

Another shocking performance with zilch quality except camara. Ref had nothing to do with us dropping points.
If we got the penalty we should have got then yer talkin shyte.
We were absolutely shyte today but for the life of me I can't understand this thinking.
There was no chance we were getting a 50/50 decision today, another cheatin chunt in charge today.

He was Fucking Abysmal today could he be any worse than be bordering on cheating.

Given the witchunt that has ensued since we beat the Scum at Ibrox Morelos has been the number one target whilst those cunts under orders from the Incompetent Bastards within The SFA have only saw or read certain incidents within games one way whilst blatantly ignoring other similar incidents of a far worse nature than what our two players were cited for in the same fortnight cp incidence I think not !

I actually thought Bobby Madden had a good game only to be undone by a bunch of grasses who also blinkered in their outlook conveniently managed to miss similar incidents of a retaliatory nature like Ferguson whilst escaping punishment was deemed to have no case to answer.

then Bingo in the week our keepers punishment is meted out & ask for a meeting out we are dealt the equivalent of a giruy with that refereeing performance today .

I no longer see it as co incidental its become so blatant they don't even want to hide it.

We were worse than dreadful today and were fortunate to get a point , let’s get that right first of all .

This thread though is about the referee - and he’s an utterly dreadful , piss poor referee who ruins games every time with his constant blowing up for Fck all , he’s no idea how to let a game flow , just an incompetent buffoon of a ref .

He was Fucking Abysmal today could he be any worse than be bordering on cheating.

Given the witchunt that has ensued since we beat the Scum at Ibrox Morelos has been the number one target whilst those cunts under orders from the Incompetent Bastards within The SFA have only saw or read certain incidents within games one way whilst blatantly ignoring other similar incidents of a far worse nature than what our two players were cited for in the same fortnight cp incidence I think not !

I actually thought Bobby Madden had a good game only to be undone by a bunch of grasses who also blinkered in their outlook conveniently managed to miss similar incidents of a retaliatory nature like Ferguson whilst escaping punishment was deemed to have no case to answer.

then Bingo in the week our keepers punishment is meted out & ask for a meeting out we are dealt the equivalent of a giruy with that refereeing performance today .

I no longer see it as co incidental its become so blatant they don't even want to hide it.

Pretty close to how I see it.

I was impressed by Madden allowing play to flow, both teams had ground to grumble a little, but I thought on the whole he was indeed a great improvement on refereeing over the past months.

Today was utterly shambolic.

Maclean set out to fracture the run and flow of play and it fits perfectly with the style of Kilmarnock, St Johnston, St Midden and Livingston. This smells premeditated actually.
Break down the flow awarding them a free kick for the slightest of contact, every single time.

I know our final quarter play was abominable today, but Maclean ruined this match in a way that fitted right in with St Johnstons style.

The ref was completely shite but at the same time so were we, we should still be beating St Johnstone at home even with a shite ref.

I thought all the refs are supposed to be masons or orangeman . They are doing a great job helping us to the title . InTimidation has worked a treat , unfortunately none of the refs have any balls to do their job properly . If the referees were on performance related pay , they would get bugger all . Anyone for foreign refs :p

He was woeful from the first minute. St Johnstone stood off Celtic and let them play 3 games in a row and got pumped. They stood off them because they knew if they made tackles like they made against rangers they would be booked or sent off. Teams know they can go in on Rangers players and refs will be lenient.
Boy in work who supports Motherwell said the difference in the way they play against rangers and Celtic is night and day. Says they stand off Celtic and overly aggressive with us

i dont know why we dont speak out,because next time he refs our game he is doing the exact same as will all the rest.our players are now not getting any protection either.totally sick of the corrupt bassas its every game now even at Ibrox.

He was woeful from the first minute. St Johnstone stood off Celtic and let them play 3 games in a row and got pumped. They stood off them because they knew if they made tackles like they made against rangers they would be booked or sent off. Teams know they can go in on Rangers players and refs will be lenient.
Boy in work who supports Motherwell said the difference in the way they play against rangers and Celtic is night and day. Says they stand off Celtic and overly aggressive with us
This is the truth of the matter.

When do you ever see a ref blow up at a corner?

FFS

Frightenedto give us anything because he knows it will be scrutinised on Sportscene.
I didn't know the happened I always thought they let the passage of play pass before blowing, is this another example how we are being Refereed differently from everyone else.

He stopped play constantly everytime they went down with minimal contact ,blatant hand ball in the box he was giving us nothing straight from the start ,let's watch his next performance at the Piggery bet he let's the game flow.

Last edited:

They must be happy to the the centre of attention if they are being financially compensated for that.

He has been awful bordering on cheating. That lunge by Foster that almost cut Kent in half - how he ever thought that wasnt even worthy of a foul , let alone a red card I'll never know - he then gives four fouls in a row to them for the softest of fouls. He's a cheat.
Compliance office has this covered

For those saying the ref has no impact on results, since we have came back to the top league we have only won 38% of games Steven Maclean has taken charge of. He has only reffed one of our games v Celtic in that time. Thats pretty damning evidence.

Steven MacLean is the biggest star in Scottish Football...in Steven MacLean's head.

In his head 50,000 people were there yesterday to see him.

That's why every game this useless cunt referee's he can't go more than 20 seconds without blawing that fucking whistle.

Opposition players know they just need to hit the deck, he'll give the foul, they can take the freekick 10 yards further forward from where the foul happened, they can waste a good 40 seconds taking it and he'll only add on a maximum of 3 minutes at the end.

Having looked into this further, since coming back to the top league, comparing results with all refs in league and cup games, our results when Maclean is in charge are significantly worse than anybody else.

He took charge of the Scottish Cup final v hibs and since then we have only won 5 of 14 games, and only one was v celtic. 35% win rate.

Collum is 38% but he has taken charge of 3 games v celtic. With them out the occasion its 41% for Maclean and 50% for Collum.

As i said above, the evidence is damning. His style of refereeing directly influences our results.

Why would you shake hands with an official who cheats? That always bugs me.

Totally agree it annoys me too, hes not there to ref honestly hes out on the park looking to protect his own career at the sfa and make sure press coverage is positive. Its disgusting and shameful it is disgraceful.

I dont see any difference between McLean/Thomson and pundits like Stewart or Keevins. They are incredibly dishonest and motivated to cause Rangers problems.

People will say how do you tell when its cheating and not just a crap ref.

erm cos its fkin obvious seconds into every Rangers game he does he isnt hopeless at all if he was he wouldnt be at Ibrox all the time (or the piggery) he would be doing games at stenhousemuir etc.

It was one of the few things he got right. Time was up.

Thought he was really poor. His failure to book Davidson in particular was just stupid. He actually could’ve walked today quite easily so to not even get a caution is just daft.

Don’t talk shite, you never blow the whistle when the attacking team has a corner. It’s not like the game had went a minute beyond the time already it was bang on 93

Back