Steven Naismith retires.

For some strange reason I just can't bring myself to hate the guy.
I'm quite prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was badly advised and I accept that his interview was an absolute car crash.
I wish the guy all the best and if I go to hell for that opinion then so be it!

Yep, I loved the guy, a great wee player who always gave 100% in a Rangers shirt.
Disaster of a press conference on his leaving, but I'm not going to hold that against him for a lifetime. I'm sure those words were put in their mouths, he made a mistake.
Unless he can't read, then he knew exactly what he was doing.

I'll remember him for the good times he delivered to us on the park. Not one of us will forget the press conference, but it is just one part of the mess of what 2012 was.

I've spoken about it before and people I know have told me I should let go of the rage but I cannot stand him.

He was one of my favourite players at the time of the press conference and that's why it hurt so much. He was abandoning the team after we'd nursed him through two career threatening injuries and was telling everyone, in a public forum, why we were a different team and he was off.

I absolutely despise him and I'm delighted his career is over as it means I'll have to look at him on fewer occasions. He can spend his days counting the money he got from Rangers.

Rhat.

For some strange reason I just can't bring myself to hate the guy.
I'm quite prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was badly advised and I accept that his interview was an absolute car crash.
I wish the guy all the best and if I go to hell for that opinion then so be it!

Stick another pineapple up hitlers ass when you get there.

Stick another pineapple up hitlers ass when you get there.
I believe they’re called Apple pines B-D
5r-QZb.gif

A fantastic little player for us gave his all for the club and I just wish he’d left differently he didn’t and it’s a stain on him.

For the record I loved him still do hopefully over time he will be viewed differently I doubt it though.

This Should be a thread of thanks admiration and well wishing.

instead it marks the passing of a Judas who should never again be allowed to even pay his way in to the stadium

Meeeeeeeeeh! Used to love him, now Indifferent, he could have been a loved former player, now he’s nothing.

Great player, a shame he suffered so many injuries in his career. Good luck to him.

I'd argue he was a much better player for Rangers than Gordon Durie.

Great wee player who loved beating and getting it up the filth. Sad departure, but he was a young player, poorly advised. I wish him well.
Did you ever see Durie?

I see McGregor (ours) has liked Boyd’s Instagram post wishing him all the best.

kind of puts to bed the claims on here that McGregor has no time for him after some posters claimed Naismith didn’t want to take a paycut etc.

Bang on mate,he made a mistake 9 years ago which he regrets and has apologised for.He was a great player for us,it some burden carrying hate for so long over a few ill chosen words.
He knew what he was doing with that abomination of a press conference, played right into the haters hands - sung like a canary to get his move. Disgusting behaviour, considering all the abuse Rangers fans were getting from all and sundry at the time.

Agreed. He's no more a 'traitor' or a 'Judas' than McGregor or Davis were. There's no way elite footballers were going to play in the 3rd division (I'm deliberately not including Wallace or McCulloch in that bracket) - The difference was in the communications, instead of keeping their mouth shuts him and Whittaker did a disastrous press conference at a time when nobody really knew what the hell was going on. The agent or PR person that set them up for that needs hung out to dry. He grew up supporting Rangers. That's enough for me to forgive him one really bad take.
Please no more of this poorly advised shit
Naismith knew exactly what he was doing
You referenced Steven Davis in your post
Davis did not walk out free and clear as did Naismith amongst others. He signed for Southampton who paid a fee for his services.This fee was paid to the SFA, about 900,000, who stole it, not passing it on to the administrators
Please don’t mention Davis in the same sentence as Naismith They are two vastly different people

Let's remember how things worked out for Lee Wallace before we castigate Naismith. He was and still is a massive bluenose who had fuc* all to do with our demise. He was as much a victim as anyone imo.

He knew what he was doing with that abomination of a press conference, played right into the haters hands - sung like a canary to get his move. Disgusting behaviour, considering all the abuse Rangers fans were getting from all and sundry at the time.
You're entitled to that opinion although I don't agree with any of it,he would have got a move anyway and remember the money would have gone straight into the pockets of the spivs,who were sacking staff and selling our Arsenal shares.
If you can be bothered look up his interview with The BBC(I know) on 1st July 2017 it might give you a different perspective.

I expect him to try and be rehabilitated in our eyes same way Boyd was with 5 star after years of slagging us on tv. The blue pound lure is strong when you have only every played for minor clubs. Wont work tho

You're entitled to that opinion although I don't agree with any of it,he would have got a move anyway and remember the money would have gone straight into the pockets of the spivs,who were sacking staff and selling our Arsenal shares.
If you can be bothered look up his interview with The BBC(I know) on 1st July 2017 it might give you a different perspective.
Ok, what he said was fine, because spivs.

Utterly bizarre reasoning.

Back