Steven Naismith retires.

I sincerely hope no rangers event ever asks him. Leaving wasn’t the problem, it was the press conference which is totally unforgivable

A real shame how it all ended for him with us and I don’t believe he genuinely meant to stick the boot in. I wish him well for the future.

Served us well as a player. Left in a very disappointing fashion.

Guys still a bear and gets it worse than some of that lot on here. Wish him all the best.

I bet the hearts supporters are happy at getting rid of a wage thief.

He has cost them a good few £ with hee haw back in return.

I've got time for him. He was a massive help keeping us ahead of celtic when they were spending more. Gave some big performances and gave me some great days out so all the best for the future wee man.

Don’t think we’ll ever see him doing the half time draw but he was a good player in his prime. Some very ill judged comments have ruined any time I have for him.

On Hearts Wiki page, Judas is listed as “Football Development Manager”

A good position for him, Im sure he can pass on his wealth of knowledge to players about treatment tables and press conferences

Yes mainly his time at Rangers. The Club and the supporters stood by him all that time he spent on the treatment table.

He could have spent the many years of retirement honoured and feted by Rangers fans. Now he's just a wee jobby.
We stood by him - he betrayed us.

I’ve mellowed and wish him well going forward. However I still believe that his name should be removed from our records and replaced by Trialist, A N Other or Reg Trademark.

He made a mistake. People on here are way too sensitive about it.
Agreed. He's no more a 'traitor' or a 'Judas' than McGregor or Davis were. There's no way elite footballers were going to play in the 3rd division (I'm deliberately not including Wallace or McCulloch in that bracket) - The difference was in the communications, instead of keeping their mouth shuts him and Whittaker did a disastrous press conference at a time when nobody really knew what the hell was going on. The agent or PR person that set them up for that needs hung out to dry. He grew up supporting Rangers. That's enough for me to forgive him one really bad take.

Agreed. He's no more a 'traitor' or a 'Judas' than McGregor or Davis were. There's no way elite footballers were going to play in the 3rd division (I'm deliberately not including Wallace or McCulloch in that bracket) - The difference was in the communications, instead of keeping their mouth shuts him and Whittaker did a disastrous press conference at a time when nobody really knew what the hell was going on. The agent or PR person that set them up for that needs hung out to dry. He grew up supporting Rangers. That's enough for me to forgive him one really bad take.
That’s just nonsense.

I'd like to say time has been a healer. I'd like to, but I can't. He must really regret that day with Whittaker but held mend him, he has no one to blame but himself.

He was a very good player for us.

Less said about him after that the better.

I don't feel the need to call him names or abuse him, I just wouldn't have done the same things he done at the time.

While he seems like a good guy with all his homeless charity stuff with Everton , as well as being a good player for us... his words at that press conference were like being stabbed in the back very publicly. In a time of deep emotion and estrangement from what was happening, one of our own cane and said what the dhims would feed on for a decade after.

Im a rational bloke, but he can go spin it , prick.

Wish him well, very disappointed about his comments but forgave him a while back. Anger and hatred are not good qualities to possess.

Back