steven naismith

hot topic on here but what would peoples opinions on him coming in be?

The circumstances on how he left still cut a deep wound for many rangers fan including myself but weve accepted other players returning and the whole situation at the time was an absolute shit show and in heindsight id have told Green to %^*& off too.

On a football perspesctive he improves us as a squad. hes a better option than barker, he can play the lone striker better than Defoe and he can play wide or even through the middle if we wanted. Id nearly go as far as saying he could do a better job than Arfield. The guys a winner, a battler and hes been here before. Maybe something this team lacks.
I agree,he showed a lot of our players how to play the game.You could see by his muted celebration how scoring that goal actually hurt hi

The circumstances on how he left still cut a deep wound for many rangers fan including myself but weve accepted other players returning and the whole situation at the time was an absolute shit show and in heindsight id have told Green to %^*& off too.

On a football perspesctive he improves us as a squad. hes a better option than barker, he can play the lone striker better than Defoe and he can play wide or even through the middle if we wanted. Id nearly go as far as saying he could do a better job than Arfield. The guys a winner, a battler and hes been here before. Maybe something this team lacks.
Didn't overdo the celebrations after scoring which might have been expected after the abuse hes taken.

I dont think he is good enough for us. Injuries have taken their toll and occassional good games isnt enough to play for us

He's exactly the sort of player I could have seen us signing a few years ago out of desperation. He's made of glass and his best days are behind him - I think he'd struggle big-time in our setup due to the tempo and pace we play at and would end up injured more often than not.

Have people not learned their lesson about us signing players at the tail end of their career?

He would end up injured and a waste of a wage like the rest of the them.

He was a relatively young guy who (despite being a fan) was poorly advised and made some deplorable statements at a time of great uncertainty that he regrets and has since gone public acknowledging he was wrong.

He probably would cost too much and is too injury prone to be a worthwhile signing. The best we can realistically hope from him is to lead Hearts into taking points from Celtic. However, you get the impression that even if he would be the difference in winning 55 many still wouldn’t take him back. Personally I would rather have had Naismith (with his past mistakes) representing my club on Sunday than someone who has seriously assaulted their girlfriend.

Walter said the same as Naismith.

Lafferty and McGregor both TUPEd as well as Whittaker and Naismith.

He needs to come home and stop the 10.
Did they hold a press conference ?
f..k NAYSHAME AND THE OTHER CANT

Ffs just no he’s done and is barley fit.1 defeat and this place goes bonkers.
How about the other 6 odd times he’s played against us and was pish?

A good chance he would do a job for us but in this wee bastards case principles come first.He can go and shag Scot Allen.

Judging by the abuse he was getting at corner kicks in front of our support on Sunday, I'd say it's a definite non starter.

For the record, I didn't join in the booing and abuse.

I don't like the way he left, but I also remember how good a player he was for us.

Way too injury prone now to even be considered.
A guy afew seats along from me spat and it landed right on his coupon the abuse he was getting was up there with the worst av heard

Really no thanks for this guy he was getting slated a few months back on here. One not bad game against us under performing and people opinion changes. Let’s see how he fairs against Celtic me t time they play will be posted missing.

The amount of trialist shyte we have had to watch over the last few years when we could have had him for nothing.

He would have done for us what Davis has done further back.

Will never happen now.

It's utterly mental how folk are still acting like wronged women over him :D:D:D

OP he WAS a fantastic player in the mould FF want and what Rangers need. He's injury prone now so a potential waste of a wage unfortunately.

Maybe a couple of seasons ago, not now...

I understand that the way he left was a bitter disappointment to a lot of fans, me included. But looking back after all that happened, I can understand why he came to that decision. Charles Green was a shyster, who knows what was going on behind closed doors.

It was his career, he and many of the players had already taken pay cuts to try and avoid administration. I'd be curious to know how many folk on here would take a pay cut in their current jobs.

Davis did the exact same thing.

Walter said the same as Naismith.

Lafferty and McGregor both TUPEd as well as Whittaker and Naismith.

He needs to come home and stop the 10.

So did Davis, he'd not long signed a 5 year contract.

He was arguably our most valuable player at the time and yet he's not a turncoat. Bizarre...

Jesus H Christ on a bike! No. Just no. Not only injury prone but a Judas jump-the-dyke wanker. I feel nothing for him but contempt.

My opinion would be no way.

Not for me under any circumstances

Always injured, over the hill and a Judas.

Was a good player in his day but I would rather remember him for the horrible rat that he is.

Back