Steven Pressley: Carlisle United sack manager after 10 months in charge

venturablue

Official Ticketer
_109644370_steven_pressley1.jpg

Carlisle United have sacked manager Steven Pressley after 10 months in charge of the League Two club.

The Cumbrians are 19th in the fourth tier, but have won two of their past three games in all competitions.

The 46-year-old leaves after Tuesday's 3-1 Leasing.com Trophy loss at Morecambe, having beaten non-league Dulwich Hamlet in the FA Cup on Friday and Macclesfield Town the week before.

The club's remaining coaches will take charge the first team temporarily.

"Steven has given his all and has worked tirelessly since the day he joined us," chairman Andrew Jenkins said in a statement.

"We understand the challenges and have supported him throughout, but we haven't seen the evidence of progress we expected or needed to see.

"This is not something we can allow to continue, so sadly it is time to change, move on and look forward."

I was at the Hamlet game on Friday night.

I'd completely forgotten Pressley was their manager until I read it in the programme.

"I *thump* don't *thump* look foward *thump* to him *thump* appearing on *thump* BT Sports *thump* soon"

Please don't let it be him :oops: would take us to the Championship and no mistake.

He has a truly appalling managerial record after Falkirk, which even then wasn't great.

How guys with so many failures continue to be appointed in various roles is beyond me.
I know quite a lot of guys in the Professional game, I don't know one who has a good word for him professionally or personally.
I hope Budge gets the right person in to take you back to second top, after Rangers of course

It will be someone (everybody) else's fault.

If only the world saw things the way he sees them...

I know quite a lot of guys in the Professional game, I don't know one who has a good word for him professionally or personally.
I hope Budge gets the right person in to take you back to second top, after Rangers of course

I idolised this man as a child.

Then he went to them, kissed a few badges and I lost all respect.

I now don't hold him in the same esteem as Gary Locke or Colin Cameron, other players from his time with us. As a manager, he has proven to be utterly hopeless.

Please don't let it be him :oops: would take us to the Championship and no mistake.

He has a truly appalling managerial record after Falkirk, which even then wasn't great.

How guys with so many failures continue to be appointed in various roles is beyond me.
Coming to a stadium near you very soon!

Driving up the road from a Morecambe game recently and had Radio Cumbria on. He was being interviewed and it was the "we need to fight!" interview. The guy interviewing him was like a dog with a bone and wouldn't let Pressley away with his patronising nonsense. Was one of the best football interviews I've heard. He got a proper grilling.

He'll probably end up at a club in one of our lower divisions - if he's fortunate. Always had plenty to say for himself as a manager but delivered very little.

It's amazing how 99.999% of the time you never think about some people. second you hear it see the name you get full of a rage. He is my example if this

Back