Steven Pressley nearly had talks to re-sign for Rangers

uneasydaz

Just listening to the offtheball podcast from Saturday and he said when he left hearts he had a meeting organised with David Murray but it all kicked off with Ferguson and Le Guen and nothing came of it

giphy.gif

You never know, he might have come back, scored some goals and now be considered a “legend”...

He won the Scottish Cup with us, Hearts and Celtic.

Has anyone else won it with 3 different teams?

Still a big useless lump though.

I thought this was common knowledge?

I remember it at the time.
I’ve 100% heard this before too, Walter wanted him as an experienced head in defence who was versatile. He had been good at Hearts too If memory serves me correct.

EDIT: I’m obviously talking pish RE the Walter part due to the dates, but I’ve definitely heard this before.

Last edited:
Just listening to the offtheball podcast from Saturday and he said when he left hearts he had a meeting organised with David Murray but it all kicked off with Ferguson and Le Guen and nothing came of it
W@nky guy, but a true defender in the old context.
Hard tackler, good reader of the game and brave as a lion. Thought he was really decent at Hearts.

I’ve 100% heard this before too, Walter wanted him as an experienced head in defence who was versatile. He had been good at Hearts too If memory serves me correct.
No recollection of this whatsoever , I’m sure I would have remembered the sleepless nights.

For some reason I’ve always remembered that we were in for both Pressley and Hartley at the same time, then they both obviously went to the bheast. Am I wrong?

You never know, he might have come back, scored some goals and now be considered a “legend”...

I would never have had KM back at the time but he worked his arse off and made most of his critics appreciate at least his contribution to our club, I doubt the wank in the OP would have done the same.

I don't see why a Ferguson argument would curtail talks with Presley??! All's well that ends well though

Count me in to the people who thought this was common knowledge - was definitely a rumour I remember chatting about.

He signed for Celtic when PLG was still our manager so how could Walter have wanted him?

For some reason I’ve always remembered that we were in for both Pressley and Hartley at the same time, then they both obviously went to the bheast. Am I wrong?

This was my memory of back then, we were fairly open to Presley but nobody wanted Hartley, "greasy gypo bastard" I recall specifically.

He should be fucking know where near a Mike or a podcast or anything that means he has to speak

Back