Stevenage fined £5k over offensive chanting

Yet you don't have a daughter and you're all offended on your imaginary daughters behalf?

I didn't ask you if you thought the assistant ref was offended, I asked if she was offended. Do you have any information regarding this question or not?

Please read the words before getting on your high horse.

I'm not the one who claimed he would not be offended by is imaginary daughter. I never claimed to have a daughter. Go back and read the thread again.

I was obviously mistaken in my earlier post. You're still pissing.

Any examples?

You've never heard a male linesmans appearance being made fun of at the football? Have you ever been to the football?

Regardless of context I've never heard of fans being done for abuse of a male linesman, it's double standards regardless of how you want to dress it up.

If you find this offensive you would have hated it when Frank Mcgarvie played against us
That particular chant was aimed at McGarvie though as his wife wasnt there.
Anyway, society has changed over the years ,as has football including Rangers. Back in the 70's did anyone imagine that we would have had England internationals and Italians winning us titles and cups?

If the lines woman filed a complaint and it led to this. Fair enough.

But like I view everything else in the ever offended handbook, its not okay for someone to decide it was offensive on her behalf.

Do we know which it was?

You've never heard a male linesmans appearance being made fun of at the football? Have you ever been to the football?

Regardless of context I've never heard of fans being done for abuse of a male linesman, it's double standards regardless of how you want to dress it up.
I've never heard any male linesman being asked to get his coc* out and show

I obviously go to different games from you thankfully because I have never heard anyone say to a male linesman that they would sh*g them and to get their coc* out for the boys. Give her a ribbing about being a lino fine, using sexual slurs aimed only at females not fine.

I'm not the one who claimed he would not be offended by is imaginary daughter. I never claimed to have a daughter. Go back and read the thread again.

Is English your first language?

Your thinking of Sian Massey. Don't think Lisa Rashid, Sian or even "our "Amy would be too bothered by it. More likely the report has came from Match Observer/Assessor
Yes indeed...I was actually at the Wolves Liverpool game when this sh1t with Gray occurred.
Amy seems to be omnipresent in England these days though.

So what? Plenty of male officials get abuse about stuff they have no control over, it's a part of the game.
So all abuse is the same to you?

Where do you stand on racist or homophobic abuse? Should officials just put up with it because a referee might get called a fat bastard?

I've never heard any male linesman being asked to get his coc* out and show

I obviously go to different games from you thankfully because I have never heard anyone say to a male linesman that they would sh*g them and to get their coc* out for the boys. Give her a ribbing about being a lino fine, using sexual slurs aimed only at females not fine.

You seem to be getting very riled up about this bud:D

I pretty much accept anything from the football stands bar the obvious racism etc this for me falls under the banter category.

You're going on like they were all ready to burst on the pitch and grab her ffs, I'm sure the songs were sung with smiles on faces as a laugh and not intended to cause offence.

And ffs keep your fantasising about boabbies to yourself eh:D

There are actually more problems, arguments and divisions now in society due to the PC crusade. Pre PC nonsense people just got on with it and there was no hysterical screaming at everything.

There is no fun anymore as people are too scared to say certain things, people are looking to be offended and many have had a sense of humour bypass.

Give me the old days anytime.

As I posted I totally agree without getting into any debate look at Trumps comments the 4 are Corbynesque but to push back they play the offended card or race card. It’s all to easy for sections of society to throw their hands up in horror and claim race, sexual orientation, religion (especially in Scotland) and claim prejudice. In many of these situations people want to claim offence or prejudice when in reality it’s nothing of the kind.

Give me the days when you could speak freely - not offensively just freely!

Did the lassie complain about it? Or did she have a wee laugh to herself about it. I'v worked with loads of young girls and most of them are well able to handle this kind of thing.

As I posted I totally agree without getting into any debate look at Trumps comments the 4 are Corbynesque but to push back they play the offended card or race card. It’s all to easy for sections of society to throw their hands up in horror and claim race, sexual orientation, religion (especially in Scotland) and claim prejudice. In many of these situations people want to claim offence or prejudice when in reality it’s nothing of the kind.

Give me the days when you could speak freely - not offensively just freely!

Sorry you can’t make statements like that and not be held to scrutiny.

Trump tells 4 people, 3 of whom were born in the USA to go home and fix their countries, isn’t racist and shouldn’t be called out as so as it’s playing the race card? Just so I’m clear?

The rest of your post I don’t disagree with but the first part is outrageous.

Sorry you can’t make statements like that and not be held to scrutiny.

Trump tells 4 people, 3 of whom were born in the USA to go home and fix their countries, isn’t racist and shouldn’t be called out as so as it’s playing the race card? Just so I’m clear?

The rest of your post I don’t disagree with but the first part is outrageous.

Don’t agree sorry his reasons were political and what these 4 stand for. Excellent article in the Times on Tuesday stating exactly that. They played the race card to deflect from their extreme left wing views. That is my view and was also the gist of the Times article. We disagree move on.

What are the FA supposed to do here exactly? They are absolutely right to stand by their employee. If my missus or daughter took that kind of abuse at work I’d expect her employer to initiate proceedings.

So would I if it was a normal job.

But it's a football match.

It's crass and it's the lino's workplace. If you think this is harmless fun go into work tomorrow and I dare you to start chanting that at the first female you see and see how many folk laugh!

She was clearly chocking for it and leading them on

Played Bury last season, lino was replaced by a lady.

As change was being made home fans sung "We'd shag the lino", "Get your tits out for the lads" and "If you'd all shag the lino clap your hands"

Apologies but no pics
Should be fined for using "lino"

Everything is offensive to those who want to take offense

I also don't have a daughter, so I refuse to get offended on behalf of someone who doesn't exist.

Here's a question for you, was the assistant referee offended by these chants?

So you don't have daughter but you said you would be fine with it. Hmmmmo_O

Do I think the assistant referee was offended by the chants???? Seriously? You think she started a career in football for the chance to be the subject of verbal sexual abuse? I think your polemic has just pissed away any scintilla of credibility. Don't you.[/QUOTE]
You think she started a career in football not knowing she would be the recipient of chants?

Stevenage breached Football Association rule E20, which states "the club had failed to ensure that its spectators, and all persons purporting to be its supporters or followers, conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and refrained from using abusive and/or insulting words which included a reference, whether express or implied to gender, whilst attending a match in which it was involved.

This is strict liability.

Before people start cheering news like this they should perhaps bear in mind all the potential consequences, not least for our club.

Football is a working class sport anyone in or around the pitch is fair game, if you cant handle it get involved in cricket.

Male or female.

It would've been sexist not to give her some kind of banter tbh, can't have it both ways.

Is the "working class" argument not a bit patronising?

Is it any more offensive than songs about a player shagging a supporters wife or players having a massive nob, abusing a player for being ugly, bald or fat. Do we need to fine for who ate all the pies because it's fat shaming?

Rate it's going everything will be banned apart from permitted songs played over a speaker.

Nah but the songs you reference are offensive, right? You know it or you wouldn't mention them.

We have a superb songbook that shows support to the club and is inoffensive. We should be proud to use that.

Freedom of speech is slowly getting eroded in the UK

Offence can never be given. Its your choice if you want to take it

You seem to be getting very riled up about this bud:D

I pretty much accept anything from the football stands bar the obvious racism etc this for me falls under the banter category.

You're going on like they were all ready to burst on the pitch and grab her ffs, I'm sure the songs were sung with smiles on faces as a laugh and not intended to cause offence.

And ffs keep your fantasising about boabbies to yourself eh:D

Just in case we want to use you as a moral barometer;

Sexual harassment = Good
Racism = Bad
Homosexual fantasy = Bad

I find it weird how these threads always bring out the 'PC gone mad, everything should be allowed' type but then they are the first to get upset if the scum sing their bile.
Maybe they aren't offended by their bile?Maybe they are annoyed that we get dragged through the coals when we sing our 'offensive' songs yet others go unpunished. It's the double standards! Who decides what is offensive? This is the issue.

Here, we have songs sung at a woman that, clearly, aren't very nice but the official Celtic song refers to us as 'animals'. Where does the line get drawn? More importantly, who draws the line?

20 years into the future, China and Russia team up to invade the UK. They prepare for a staunch defence that could be the end of them if it goes wrong.

Boris steps off the boat and the first thing he sees is a bunch of grown men/genderless beings crying and refusing to fight because someone suggested the lady who drove the bus there was nice looking.

20 years into the future, China and Russia team up to invade the UK. They prepare for a staunch defence that could be the end of them if it goes wrong.

Boris steps off the boat and the first thing he sees is a bunch of grown men/genderless beings crying and refusing to fight because someone suggested the lady who drove the bus there was nice looking.
People have such odd fantasies about war.

People who use the old 'freedom of speech is being eroded' are usually those who don't have to put up with any of this shit on a day to day basis. Tell you what, I'll camp outside your house 24 hours a day blaring an airhorn, it's just me exercising my freedom of speech though don't worry about it.

Remember the good old days when you could sing get your tits out for the lads at police women and they would laugh.
Maybe they were a bit upset about it but they knew that rightly or wrongly it was the stick that came with the job.
When a referee hears 40000 bears singing who's the 19th Century Terrorist in the black I would assume hes not exactly over the moon either but abuse is the price you pay for doing the job.
If the abuse upsets you then it's quite possible you are in the wrong job.

Back