Stevie G. 15 mins for lafferty is poor judgement

Been no signs of a partnership between Lafferty and Morelos. Lafferty was also poor on Sunday.

We might not have been hammering their goal with shots, but we had couple of decent spells keeping them penned in. 15 mins enough for me and this is moaning for sake of it imo.

Truth be told - Lafferty hasn't been very good. Even for a man his size, he rarely wins any aerial battles and we tend to start punting it up to him when he's on.

We need more firepower in January without doubt.

Looked like he won every high ball fired in tonight in his short time on the pitch.

I would have put him on within 10 mins of the second half.

Slam the manager night, when we have just put in a decent shift which came unstuck caused by a mistake by our player of the season.

Just having Arfield playing where he was poor judgement. Made no sense. Lafferty should have been on earlier though - we needed to win that game tonight and the tactics simply weren't set up for that. Again!

We need something to give us a spark in the final third, that's 5 games on the spin without a goal or even looking threatening in open play.
We have not scored in 3 of those games and of the 3 goals we did score, totally not in keeping with officiating this season, an offside decision goes for us.
We need to be more creative, threatening and clinical, when you look at Arfield's sending off, if Morelos had a cooler head rather than snatching at the chance, we go 3-1 up and cruise that game.

Our manager has yet again taken far too long in deciding to make changes against a team who are very very average,,
One mistake cost us the match which we were in control of for majority of the game. For me it’s just a lack of quality still. Looks likely ejaria will be away back to Liverpool. Time to bring in a midfielder than can run a game and create something out of nothing. I don’t think the Manager can take much blame tonight

Truth be told - Lafferty hasn't been very good. Even for a man his size, he rarely wins any aerial battles and we tend to start punting it up to him when he's on.

Exactly, Lafferty got torn to shreds by every man and their dog no more than a week ago.

Knee Jerk reactions.

We need something to give us a spark in the final third, that's 5 games on the spin without a goal or even looking threatening in open play.
We have not scored in 3 of those games and of the 3 goals we did score, totally not in keeping with officiating this season, an offside decision goes for us.
We need to be more creative, threatening and clinical, when you look at Arfield's sending off, if Morelos had a cooler head rather than snatching at the chance, we go 3-1 up and cruise that game.
Missed the Candy man tonight!

Lafferty has shown nothing to suggest that bringing him on earlier would day have changed the outcome of that game.

Lafferty has been pish. 15 minutes, 45 minutes or the full match he would have made not a stitch of difference.
My only gripe would be Coulibaly. He is woefully off form. I would ditch him until the winter break and try and get the start of season player back. Grezda could have started to allow Arfield to support Morelos.

Lafferty hasn't really had a run of games since Sept.

He won't find form with 15 minutes here and there and only starting when Alfie is suspended.

However, the lack of creativity continues......so everything goes wide. Tav, Barasic, Middleton,Grezda. I'm not convinced that overloading both flanks achieves that much but it's where we go when things get tough.

Lafferty has been pish. You must not watch a lot of Rangers if you think he was going to come on and be the answer.

Sack him for his poor judgement and give the OP the job.

Sorted.
if you are are watching that game progressing to the latter stages and your not thinking at say 60 mins and your not thinking get lafferty on, he can change this game. . Then I think that's strange as I certainly did.

He was the answer on sunday as late as sunday or was I dreaming

What when he couldn't score a legal goal (albeit in the eyes of poor officials) and he only got a start since Morelos was suspended?

He's pulled us out the shit twice and that was Motherwell and Villarreal. Two games out of 33.

Gash.

I don't think it has ever worked when bringing him on with Morelos so I was happy he waited

IMO, Morelos is most dangerous coming in from the right side towards goal, that's where he scored most from his Helsinki days also often here.

He is an absolute top class hold up player, no doubt about that.

But I can't help but think how often do we lose balls into the box at the first defender?

If Morelos was on the right side of a 2 man attack, would be scrape more goals from that? With a big attacker behind Him, sadly Kyle is not 'big' enough, someone like Hatley, determined and not phased. Someone who can win headers in the box.

Our MF really needs to lend a hand also, attack wise. Every attack they should be setting up camp around the box, recycling the ball or offering a cutback option.

4-1-3-2 but then who sits beside Morelos?

Don't think having Lafferty on sooner would've made that much of a difference. We lacked any spark from the midfield and deliveries into the box were very poor

Lafferty could have been on for 90mins & it wouldn't have made a difference as he's been poor since he has returned.

Given the state of the pitch,I would have played it long to Lafferty and Morelos. Not pretty but possibly amore effective.

What when he couldn't score a legal goal (albeit in the eyes of poor officials) and he only got a start since Morelos was suspended?

He's pulled us out the shit twice and that was Motherwell and Villarreal. Two games out of 33.

Gash.

The nature of our strikers and 1 up suggest Morelos will rarely be dropped. He's been injured and hasn't had any run of games.

He scored a goal that should have won us the game.

2 games of 33? How many minutes has he actually played from the start.

Gash.? No

I wouldn't have stuck Laff on.

Just goes to show you - it's all about opinions.

Thanks to Gerrard, we are disappointed at not reaching the last 32.

It seemed highly unlikely we'd reach the group stages.

Very content.

Anyone sitting on the bench game after game,
surely doesnt get the same opportunity to shine. When we got big Kyle most of us thought
we were going two up top.Instead the midfield
was stacked with less than creative midfielders.:(

Back