Stevie G and his team

Albertz Loyal

Official Ticketer
Let's be honest, we were an absolute mess when they came in. We've come so far in a short space of time, but I now believe he's doing similar to what Kopp did at Liverpool.

Make no doubt about it, us stopping 10 in a two horse race is just as hard as Liverpool winning the league.

We heard in the interviews today about the shape, about getting better, and you just look at the bench today and the options we had. Even the reaction today was calm and controlled compared to him grabbing the camera.

Still got a long a way to go to win a title, but my word, from going into these games fearing a complete doing v controlling a game, we have real chance. One game at a time!

He's built on each year, upgraded the squad with that.

I think he is not far off having the team at or near their best. They actually played, for the most part, as a team. The three at the front just letting their defence have the ball. IIRC their players that had most touches were the 3 centre halfs. When it moves left our team all move together near enough.

Now we need to build Roofe, Itten, Zunga and Aribo to a lesser extent, into the team.

When Souness arrived he said you build from the back, we now have a settled defence that has only let 3 goals in, meaning 9 clean sheets. It's taken longer but we are getting there.

Let's be honest, we were an absolute mess when they came in. We've come so far in a short space of time, but I now believe he's doing similar to what Kopp did at Liverpool.

Make no doubt about it, us stopping 10 in a two horse race is just as hard as Liverpool winning the league.

We heard in the interviews today about the shape, about getting better, and you just look at the bench today and the options we had. Even the reaction today was calm and controlled compared to him grabbing the camera.

Still got a long a way to go to win a title, but my word, from going into these games fearing a complete doing v controlling a game, we have real chance. One game at a time!

One outstanding thing they’ve done is on their development of our young players.

Morelos
Kent
Aribo
Kamara
Bassey already improving

Not only has this made us competitive for a relatively low cost, but it’s probably made the directors so much more relaxed that we maybe have close to 100m of sellable assets at the club if circumstances dictate.

But with Gerrard’s attitude he will want TROPHIES. And we all need that success too after the last decade.

Him & his team have rebuilt our club, and will hopefully secure the success they all deserve this season.

Supporting was a duty till Gerrard arrived. It is, once again, a pleasure. WATP
Under Pedro and Murty it was bordering on a chore, Brant. It will always be a duty for me regardless of whether it’s a chore or as of late with the results, a pleasure, as you say.

We have a collection of good players playing well as individuals and even better, collectively as a team. Not only that, we look every inch, a well coached outfit. When that continues for an extended period of time, you are half way there. It’ll be very interesting to witness if there is any hangover come Thursday teatime in Belgium.

he's done a very very good job, and most importantly, I enjoy watching the way we play, and having the ear of klopp and rafa can't hurt:)

10 means nothing to me.

We are going in the right direction.

It's about 55 baby.

They're only 8 1/2 anyhow, so this season aint about stopping a tainted 10.

We were a mess when they arrived and they have given us back our club as it should be, now we need to start to win trophies again, and then we wont have to look back, only forward.

Steven Gerrard and co have done an absolutely amazing job v the Tim's and also in Europe. Two things which he must resolve are the effects of Europe, where we play practically a season before xmas, and also breaking down defensive teams. He must rotate more in Europe to save legs and he must go more direct against defensive teams. I'm more than confident he knows where we've went wrong and hope he wins the league this year because his team have given all the bears their pride back, BIG time.

Was only a few months ago people were wanting him gone and replaced with Alardyce or some other jobber. Glad he’s been given the time and resources to prove the doubters wrong. Just need to top it off with some silverware now

I seen a video an analysis of our shape against galatasary really interesting watch how the whole team moves when the opposition have the ball.

Going to sound quite strange but lockdown came at the right time for us as a team and definitely at the right time for the management. Six long months of self reflection and analysis of yet another post Christmas collapse. We didn't get a chance to put a run together, in which to paper over the cracks at the business end of the season, once all of the pressure was off and were likely forced to reflect on it quite critically.

A pre season in which the coaching staff worked much more closely with the players has done wonders as well. You can see how well drilled we are and how much more balanced we are. You get a sense the team has bonded as well. Even the new additions seem to have been welcomed into the fold and will begin to look even better with more game time.

We have added more strings to our bow, both in terms of squad depth and it appears, finally, that lessons are being learned. Of course the usual cavaet of 'one game at a time' bears repeating but we are heading in the right direction. Quite a tough run of games coming up between now and the next international break. Need to avoid any post Europe hangovers and press this advantage.

The reality was it was a 3 + year building job. Being gers fans we wanted it immediately but from his starting position he needed time to completely rebuild the team and importantly the squad.

firmly believe we are there now. It will still be tough but there is real competition in almost every position now. When you consider Hagi, Aribo, Jack, kungu, roofe, Itten, balugen, Defoe, and to a lesser extent jones didn’t start or feature at all then we are in good shape.

I honestly don't give a %^*& about their 10 in a row. It's not real in my eyes. Under Gerrard we have found our way forward again. Win a trophy I'm happy..

Same, will be disappointed for the management and players if we don’t win the league this year but it won’t be the signal to rip it up and start again.

Champions League qualifiers are on the cards next season and I’d love to see the current team/management continue the work they’re doing.

Does my nut in to be honest because it acknowledges a trivial “achievement “ in the history of Scottish football, we win for 55, not to stop anything.
True, but the utter devastation losing their ‘ten’ will cause makes it imperative we do it this season. Will almost make the last 9 years worth it to bathe in their tears. The fact frauds like Griffiths, Rogic, Lennon are still around will make it all the sweeter. Shame that prick Lustig couldn’t be there.

I agree with what you say but don’t get drawn into this 10 iar narrative, you’ve got to WIN 9 iar before you can do 10.

55 is coming and it will be celebrated like no title before it. When it arrives it will complete the circle we've been travelling.

I'm delighted that Gerrard will be the man to take us there. He has undoubtedly been learning over the past couple of seasons, but the progress he has made with the team has been nothing short of sensational. We are looking more like Rangers every day, and in every aspect of the club.

Gerrard is the figurehead, and will rightly take the plaudits for 55, but the board behind the scenes, and Mr King, will also deserve huge recognition.

We are THE people.

I agree with what you say but don’t get drawn into this 10 iar narrative, you’ve got to WIN 9 iar before you can do 10.

Agreed. Plus, 10iar ony reflects badly on Aberdeen.

If the media puts all the pressure on us and no-one else to stop it, they are admitting that half the run was virtually meaningless as there was no credible opposition.

10 literally means nothing to us. It's like meeting your mate in the park for a kick about who says he scored 4 before you got there.. Aye, Sure you did.

55 on the other hand. Every single one will have been won against credible opposition. We may have made some look easy. But the best the country had to offer as opposition were always there!

Agreed. Plus, 10iar ony reflects badly on Aberdeen.

If the media puts all the pressure on us and no-one else to stop it, they are admitting that half the run was virtually meaningless as there was no credible opposition.

10 literally means nothing to us. It's like meeting your mate in the park for a kick about who says he scored 4 before you got there.. Aye, Sure you did.

55 on the other hand. Every single one will have been won against credible opposition. We may have made some look easy. But the best the country had to offer as opposition were always there!
When what truly went on there over the decades finally goes global and the bulldozers flatten the piggery to make way for the Forge 2.0, after we get 15-20 iar (hope it doesn’t take that long) we can take our place in the EPL and stop propping up this stinking cesspit of a league.

I honestly don't give a %^*& about their 10 in a row. It's not real in my eyes. Under Gerrard we have found our way forward again. Win a trophy I'm happy..
Agreed Bro., like you I do not recognise their 9* I am only interested in 55 this Season.

I like the comparison to Klopp, it certainly feels like it has clicked now. The vision and ideas have been imprinted, and everyone seems to know what is needed of them. For me, playing like this makes the lead up to every game more exciting than ever before.

Supporting was a duty till Gerrard arrived. It is, once again, a pleasure. WATP

Perfect explanation.

Gerrard will go on to be a top class EPL Manager of that there is no doubt. What a massive gamble our board took on appointing him and they are now reaping the rewards of that, long may it continue.

Neil McCann summoned it up perfectly last night. We controlled the game with and without the ball. Now I'm no tactician when it comes to football I'd be the classic decent player shit manager but when you look at yesterday I think we've turned the corner it the way we played the game. Absolutely no fear of them anymore. However we need to win ugly in these other games. I'd take a crapy 3 points against the Killies if we can play like yesterday when we need to. Let's take the win as three points and move on. We can do this.

This is how I’ve felt regardless of the set backs and no silverware. In our desperation for success we can forget just how far away we were from them. They had nearly a decade with a free run at the top unchallenged with guaranteed CL money. We were barely challenging second place.
The impact the new management team had was sensational and way beyond expectations. Yes mistakes were made, it was his first job as manager after all. But despite what some think, he has been learning on the job and using the transfer windows to improve the team and squad slowly.
This had to be a fairly long term project. We simply cannot keep chopping and changing every couple of years. We needed stability, we needed professionalism.

Make no mistake, the runs in Europe have been huge. Our success and their constant CL fcuk ups have closed the financial gap massively. There is still a gap, but it’s now more than ever near closing.

55 will be the greatest achievement in our trophy laden history. Roy of the Rovers level stories :)) Our support has a huge, collective psychological wound that will only really start to heal the day we win our 55th league title. It will be glorious and cathartic. It will also crush the tims. Even more than 1999 and helicopter Sunday combined.

Back