Stevie G and Porto gaffer

The Modfather

Not in the slightest having a go at the gaffer, more the opposite, but at the final whistle I didnt see them shake hands, down to his sour grapes about the away leg? Get it fkn up him if it was!

I think SG was annoyed at the comments attributed to the team after the game over there. Professional courtesy is a two way street.

Watched on tv and, on the final whistle, Gerrard most definitely went over and shook hands with someone. In fact, I think you get a shot of it at the end of the video with the Mexican commentary that’s on the forum. It was a guy in a green jacket by the look of things so I’ve no idea who he was.

EDIT: It was the 4th official.

Last edited:
Watched on tv and, on the final whistle, Gerrard most definitely went over and shook hands with someone. In fact, I think you get a shot of it at the end of the video with the Mexican commentary that’s on the forum. It was a guy in a green jacket by the look of things so I’ve no idea who he was.

Fourth official?

Gerrard shook the 4th officials hand at the end then the Rangers backroom team came running over to him.

No surprise, you should see the Portuguese press (have a look at the comments on A Bola articles). Their arrogance is unreal; the pitch was terrible, we played anti-football, it's an embarassment to get beat by a team like Rangers, extreme physicality won against beautiful football. Danilo the Porto player even had the cheek to say they controlled the game and our goals were against the run of play.

The handball incident (which I struggled to remember until I saw the video there) is a massive talking point for them. It was the first thing their manager brought up in his post-match interview.

Get it right up you Porto!

No surprise, you should see the Portuguese press (have a look at the comments on A Bola articles). Their arrogance is unreal; the pitch was terrible, we played anti-football, it's an embarassment to get beat by a team like Rangers, extreme physicality won against beautiful football. Danilo the Porto player even had the cheek to say they controlled the game and our goals were against the run of play.

The handball incident (which I struggled to remember until I saw the video there) is a massive talking point for them. It was the first thing their manager brought up in his post-match interview.

Porto have only beaten us once in 6 attempts. Rangers 3 wins 2 Draws.

3 wins 2 draws and 1 defeat is our record against them. Historically we should be embarrassed if they beat us.

I was going to post his comments from the away tie which were quite uncomplimentary. Essentially said that football goes out the window against teams like us and it becomes a fighting match. Quite angered me as we played them off the park.

And we cost them 5 points which is nice.

Would you mention BBC Scotland having Scottish commentary? As opposed to English?
It might not be a language but it would be wrong to describe it as "Spanish commentary" regardless of the language spoken.
You need to get your humour bypass reversed mate.
I was joking

Have you watched football on BBC Alba ?

I have always been a bit of a Porto fan, (obviously not last night) and always look for them to do well and I was glad to see that they played some nice stuff last night before we put them to the sword.
There are a number of cracking players in that Porto squad and they play good quality football.
They just seem to lack a real cutting edge.
No wonder they were admiring Alfie.

However, they are not far away and Rangers beat a really good side last night.

That was Steven Gerrards best result in Europe since his last best result. :cool:

%^*& him! He’ll be next in quite a long list of managers our gaffer has contributed to their sacking.

Next

I was going to post his comments from the away tie which were quite uncomplimentary. Essentially said that football goes out the window against teams like us and it becomes a fighting match. Quite angered me as we played them off the park.
Porto were far more dirtier last night and their captain Danilo could have walked at least twice in that game (unbelievable amount of persistent fouling) , referee was very lenient.

Porto were far more dirtier last night and their captain Danilo could have walked at least twice in that game (unbelievable amount of persistent fouling) , referee was very lenient.
Thought that in the first tie also. No hesitation to clip heels to breakup play. Cynical.

Back