Stevie G going full Walter Smith

He's not taking pot shots back. He doesnt read follow follow I'm guessing. It's understandable that some are pissed off with 2020, they are entitled to their opinions and to miss the best part of the game if they want because they are adults.

If they abandoned the team with 25 minutes to go they'd be better spending their adulthood somewhere else because they're worse than a man short.

He slams the fans behind the dugout and said “ maybe they left at 2 nil because of the weather , or the drive home , I don’t know , but we heard them “ .

Maybe they just didn’t fancy three rounds wi Gerrard behind the bike sheds at full time.

going by his press conference after the game, it looked to be a wee dig back at the fans behind him to be fair
I know he made those comments later but he was just celebrating the goal. Doubt that was in his mind at all seconds after it went in.

Bit of a poor pot shot at the supporters behind him imo. Watching some of the displays at home and away in the league has been dismal. At 2 nil down if we are being honest, we simply didn't look like scoring never mind winning. I can see why supporters were given him stick and some left. They pay their money. It might be loose change to him but is a good chunk of a wage to some. I love his honesty but save it for the SFA or whoever else but not the supporters.

If he's having a go at the fans he should have a go at his management team, performances having been absolutely dire at times and tactically lacking in alternatives. Squad isn't balanced either and it's showing in most domestic games recently. Haven't heard him put his hands up about any of the issues which should happen before having wee digs at fans or players. Those same fans have had to watch us capitulate on a fair few occasions and watch him making repeated errors.

He has had a far easier time than any rangers manager I remember, he should appreciate the leeway he's had and realise it's time to deliver.

The league is more important than the uefa cup. I don't think he agrees though. Probably more credit down south for achieving in Europe than Scotland.

He is correct about the negativity, it helps no one and there was a number around me that left when 2nd went in.
some left near me too - although never seen them before. European games can bring out all sorts. Good to hear some people shouting not to come back to those who were leaving.

Back