Stevie G

Zander73

If we are this far behind Celtic next season. Would we all stick with manager? What do you all think?

No point thinking like that.

Every year we will improve and get closer to them or preferably overtake them.

Massive summer at the club, if this goes right we are jamming, if it goes wrong they will more or less have secured 10iar.

If there is not improvement then no but I highly highly doubt that. SG is the man to get us 55, no question.

No, if he's taken us as far as he can and winning nothing, then we'd need to move onto someone else.

We need to be winning it next season.

Celtic will either have a new manager or Lennon while we've got a bit of consistency for the first time in a few years and can build on what we have.

I guess it really depends how things go on the pitch. We're still too many points behind them for my liking but we've generally been good this season and have just struggled to put teams to the sword at times and been unfortunate with some decisions and indiscipline.

We've not really been on the end of any pumpings either which is encouraging.

If we win a trophy and continue to improve he will be here for another year. If he doesn't win anything the fans will turn on him and he will be gone, that's Rangers. Personally I believe Stevie is a winner and continuity is the key to stopping the fake 10 in a row, I would give him another season without a trophy if we were clearly getting better. But next season its Silverware or goodbye for our leader.

I'm just hoping that we don't panic should we not qualify for Europe as that will still be difficult.

If people are serious about only caring for domestic success then it'd be a blessing in disguise.

The boss knows exactly what to expect from this hellhole of a league now after nearly a full season of experience.

We'll be much closer next season and hopefully a cup and progress in Europe.

I'm just hoping that we don't panic should we not qualify for Europe as that will still be difficult.

If people are serious about only caring for domestic success then it'd be a blessing in disguise.

This is what worries me. Gerrard and the team did so well to get to the group stages, are we going to manage that again?
If we don’t, the knives will be out early, unwarranted imo, but when has that ever bothered the press up here. They will see it as their chance to get him out, and put us back more years.

As you say, an early exit might be a blessing in disguise, no chance it will be seen as that though.

Good question OP.

I still live in hope that next season is our season. Iv really grown to love Stevie G but another season similar to this one and i think the board will have to look at alternatives. Its not what id want but needs must.

Lets just try stay positive and try not to think too much about it till the time comes :D

A strong start in the league is key. If the sections of our support who still listen to/watch/read Scottish sports media are given reason to think he should go there will be unrest which will intensify to insane levels.
If we can get a good run of wins, up to and including the first game against them, that will help a lot. Europe will be a huge factor in this too.

We're going to improve again next season. We might not win it, but we'll be better and so will the manager. I'm certain of that.

The biggest sign of improvement will be taking at least 9 points out of 12 against the likes of Aberdeen, Killie and Hibs ... if we can do that we wont be far away imho

Lots of factors come not it. Its all relative. We could get ten more points but they could have another season like they did under Rodgers first season and win nearly every game. As long as we are improving I can live with not winning the league. If we keep improving sooner or later we improve to the point we win the title.

We always want to progress as far as we can go in Europe, that's where the extra revenue comes from.

We're going to improve again next season. We might not win it, but we'll be better and so will the manager. I'm certain of that.

I think S.G.will bring in at least 3 quality players,i.e.a top striker,a class midfielder, and a commanding central defender.And well go on to win the title.imo.

We will make further progress next season. Whether this halts the filth remains to be seen. However I have no doubt that our manager is the man to bring us the success we crave.

This.
There is a decent chance that we will have much tougher qualifiers this season.

I would gladly be knocked out if Europe by a good side in a 2 leg affair and give us a chance of playing Saturdays , without the extra games , and MAKE THEM play catch up on Sundays after europa league, they will be too wound up to manage it

It’s a question that no one can answer until after the summer transfer window

No one can expect us to get closer to the tims if he’s not given a decent budget to bring in new players.

Another net spend of £6m won’t be enough as the tims will strengthen their team given that they’re losing half of their regular defence.

If selling Morelos for £15m guaranteed SG would get the lot to reinvest then I’d snap the hand off it

I think folk need to get their minds around where we stand

Rangers FC were wronged and pretty much murdered.

Rangers FC has won absolutely nothing for 8 years.

Football has evolved since then. Financially, we are forgotten. Our rivals have had 9 free cracks at the Champions League. £30 million quid every time its achieved.

The current manager of Rangers, is global superstar Steven Gerrard. He has a network of people who wish to help him achieve his dream of being Liverpool manager. Indeed he’s got a network of former team mates, elite players who want to play under him.

Even if he gets to year 4, yes, try again Steven. No, I’m not kidding.

The alternative to him, in any format, will be an utter irrelevance with much less chance of winning, with all due respect.

His only crime this season. Easy in hindsight. Not binning Warburtonbollox until April that has seen us lose cheap goal after cheap goal. Just watch us go next season.

First OF game of the season - which should be at Ibrox - will be massive.

We win that, we set the tone.
We MUST win that game.

Would expect us to continue improving under SG, though the pace of this will clearly be linked to the level of resources ie transfer budget available to him.
This summer is likely to be crucial in that respect.

Yep, let's create a negative hypothetical to wallow in.

If we win the quadruple, will be able to keep hold of the manager?

Football has evolved since then. Financially, we are forgotten. Our rivals have had 9 free cracks at the Champions League. £30 million quid every time its achieved.

The current manager of Rangers, is global superstar Steven Gerrard. He has a network of people who wish to help him achieve his dream of being Liverpool manager. Indeed he’s got a network of former team mates, elite players who want to play under him.

The alternative to him, in any format, will be an utter irrelevance with much less chance of winning, with all due respect.

His only crime this season. Easy in hindsight. Not binning Warburtonbollox until April that has seen us lose cheap goal after cheap goal. Just watch us go next season.
I could not say this any better myself, SG is on a four year contract and if it takes us till the last year and beyond I don't care, as nelster says and I will never stop reminding people on here, our club was the victim of near murder, that was their plan and like all such things they failed, we are still here bloodied but unbowed, the men who brought SG. to Ibrox are not simple or daft but they will back the man with every thing they have and more, we must never allow the Tims on this site make our choices for us, this is what they want, this manager of ours is a winner and he will in time deliver
what we desire most, their 10iar means nothing these are tainted, with our blood on their hands.

He must get AT LEAST three years (prefer 4 myself) however there a lot of impatient Rangers fans out there. For me he needs to start breaking down 10 man defences at home and stop draws when we are pretty much the only team on the park.

You join up a week ago and busy yourself pointing out the gap and asking such a negative question.

Any particular reason you are wondering if us Rangers fans will stick with our manager? Just asking...
Aye no problem. Traveling up in oor wee minibus fae England,somebody asked this question a few weeks ago and it split opinion. So being new to FF like you point out but and old Rangers supporter I just thought I’d ask the question to see what other people’s views were. I never knew I was going to be abused and analysed. I was warned by pals. Should have listened. Have a nice day. WATP

It's a big season ahead. It's first time since our issues that we have solid foundation to build from going into the new season. Let's see where it takes us.

Back