Stevie G's reaction

"If you've played the game, you know that's a tough challenge". Armchair managers out there - pay attention!

I’m glad he said that, a timely reminder for those who think just because our squad is worth more we should be strolling to comfortable victories against all but the filth.

These games are tough given the circumstances, delighted we ground that out today, we’d have cùnted it last season.

I’m glad he said that, a timely reminder for those who think just because our squad is worth more we should be strolling to comfortable victories against all but the filth.

These games are tough given the circumstances, delighted we ground that out today, we’d have cùnted it last season.

It would have been a lot more comfortable had Defoe not missed that 2nd minute sitter.

He seems a bit subdued to me
Subdued? I think it's more that there are two huge games coming up; whilst they won't make or break the season overall, they will potentially impact our sesson if we win them. He looks focused on those games already.

See how chipper you feel after standing outside in 27 degree heat for 2 hours, FF can be like a bunch of gossipy auld women sometimes

I was actually wondering if that's why he sat in the dugout most of the game. It'sv.hot today...indian summer please !

I am sure the commentator mentioned on BT, that the track-side temp was 30 degrees. That's energy sapping for any athlete, never mind running about for an hour and a half.

Roll on Thursday Rangers, and give us a performance and result like the Rapid game last year.

Scorching heat, smaller pitch than the players are used to, tough European away tie less than 3 days earlier, key players rested, St Mirren parked the bus, still got the 3 points.

I’m more than satisfied.

Last edited:
Scorching heat, smaller pitch than the players are used to, tough European away tie less than 4 days earlier, key players rested, still got the 3 points.

I’m more than satisfied.

Exactly right, me too.

Last season we’d have dropped points, a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. St Mirren were not easy to break down yesterday.

This year, the improved squad depth and the mentality that Gerrard has drilled into them, is turning these difficult games into wins. We saw it at Killie away too.

Back