Steward losing the plot with a Birmingham fan

I remember one game in particular in 2012, might’ve been Annan around Christmas? The police had a handful on the deck, restrained

Think it was the walk out? Since then, I can’t remember anything though. That’s when the majority were younger guys though, doubt they’d do that now
Yeah that's one that really sticks out. Batons drawn in the concourse, boys on the deck cuffed. Was totally OTT. There was also an incident not sure if it was the same game but a lad was tackled and arrested for banging a drum close to a horse.

I disagree, I do think it matters what happened before.
The fan could have been swinging multiple punches at him, it could be argued that the steward was simply defending himself.

That ex heavyweight boxer turned steward who sparked a guy out recently had no charges brought against him, and there appeared to be much less provocation in that instance (certainly in terms of personal contact anyway).

Francis lost his license mind didn’t he? Conflicting reports online regarding that, some say suspended and some say lost. Certainly wasn’t as straight forward as crack on and continue your job for him.

You 100% need to know the context on anything like this I agree.

Yeah that's one that really sticks out. Batons drawn in the concourse, boys on the deck cuffed. Was totally OTT. There was also an incident not sure if it was the same game but a lad was tackled and arrested for banging a drum close to a horse.
That’s the only one I really remember, think that backfired on the police a bit as there was pictures etc flying about at the time which showed it was way over the top

Lower league game, absolutely no need for it. I think it was just the police trying to intimidate wee teenagers to try put them off being members. The police always liked to name drop too, just to let you know they knew who you were, again intimidation tactics

Won’t profess to know what goes on but just from what I’ve seen, I’ve not witnesses police wade in since then and there’s been a few times they could’ve (few games in GWC against Celtic)

You don’t need any context here, the level of force/restraint is disproportionate and they’re lucky the other fans didn’t absolutely plaster them
Maybe the other fans are more sensible than the one who got ragged, steward looks as if he has trained jits/wrestling.

Did he not restrain him? Don't have before or after footage, the only flaw I seen was the 1 gnp punch after rolling over a row of seats
A trained wrestler or BJJ practitioner wouldn’t be struggling to control someone on the floor, to the point they need others to help

A trained wrestler or BJJ practitioner wouldn’t be struggling to control someone on the floor, to the point they need others to help
I don't see that in the video, other steward controls the crowd while they have a 1v1, I'd say fair game but maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: once he found his feet and got grounded after the chair rolling he hip tossed him and could have subbed him.

Exc
I disagree, I do think it matters what happened before.
The fan could have been swinging multiple punches at him, it could be argued that the steward was simply defending himself.

That ex heavyweight boxer turned steward who sparked a guy out recently had no charges brought against him, and there appeared to be much less provocation in that instance (certainly in terms of personal contact anyway).
Exactly.

No one on here would stand and let someone punch you about just because you are at work.

If he was attacked first it's fair game.

If not then he is a disgrace. Simple :D

This is one of the videos I was referring to. If that’s a rangers fan on the deck getting held like that, those stewards would’ve got plastered.

Overkill and unnecessary force
And rightly so I have come across some right c#nts definitely need put in their place they think because they have a silly bib on it gives them license to act this way

To get involved with rangers/Celtic fans or in general?

I’ve seen videos of police wading into diddy team supports but never ours
I recall an incident years ago, about 2005 at home v Dunfermline in the Broomloan.It went on for ages. I think some steward got heavy handed with a fan and it all kicked off big time, police involved also. I was watching from the Main Stand. Maybe someone else can confirm the details ?

Half the issue is people thinking they can do what they want wherever they want with no consequences. If your behaviour is OK, stewards or police are not going to be involved with you at a football game. At the end of the day they are there to keep everyone at the game safe and neither the fans, clubs (and their stewards) or the police want anyone to get hurt.

Not defending the stewards reactions in any of the clips here but they will make mistakes as you'd expect with low paid staff in any walk of life. No excuse to give them abuse or be violent towards them.

Interesting to see what started it.

I don’t know what my rate would need to be before I put up with that shit.

Got to admit, it looks better 1 v 1 than when you see videos of folk piling in to “arrest” someone.

Guys pals didn’t make a very good effort to get past.

Seeing more and more videos appearing of stewards taking liberties with fans - there was a video from down south of 3 stewards restraining one guy and the Motherwell fan at st mirren

Won’t be long before a few stewards get pasted at the football. They fire a wee fluorescent bib on and think they’re the police
Tbf mate I've witnessed stewards take undeserved abuse at loads of matches by a handful of fuckin bams who think they are game/can do what they want because they are in a football crowd. If one does go tonto, then....

Last edited:
That’s the thing, I don’t think stewards would take liberties with rangers or Celtic fans as they know the consequences

How often have you seen police/stewards wade into our end? Doesn’t really ever happen, it’s always camera out videoing, identify people and sort it later
Police used to wade in to bottle throwing Old Firm fans in the sixties!

That’s the only one I really remember, think that backfired on the police a bit as there was pictures etc flying about at the time which showed it was way over the top

Lower league game, absolutely no need for it. I think it was just the police trying to intimidate wee teenagers to try put them off being members. The police always liked to name drop too, just to let you know they knew who you were, again intimidation tactics

Won’t profess to know what goes on but just from what I’ve seen, I’ve not witnesses police wade in since then and there’s been a few times they could’ve (few games in GWC against Celtic)
Few years back Livingston away the police tried to go into the crowd at the corner and escalated the trouble.
Ended with them retreating.

Back