Stewart BBC ban extended

I think a large chunk of this could be down to his political comments rather than the comments about Traynor/us.
No chance. His political comments have been ridiculous for years now with even Craig Levein commenting on his utter horseshit.

The BBC gave the SNP their own news channel which gets about 50 viewers a week. There’s no chance he’s being pulled up for his political views.

I think one of the big bosses in London heard his outburst somehow and the PQ CSC have been told to get him out.
I've officially complained about him calling out 8 times for evidence of racism directed at Alfie referencing that no other player in Europe claiming he's been racially abused is ever challenged. Quite the the reverse. Players are assumed to be victims as a matter of course.

You just know he is sitting in his armchair, talking it over in his head with that stupid smug look on his face and feeling zero guilt or remorse. Even if he loses his job, he won't think it is in any way his fault or deserved, he is one sandwich short of a picnic. Some people have a mind bent one way and have such arrogance that even when everyone on the planet tells you you are wrong, they just don't/can't accept it. He honestly won't give this a minutes thought. His thanking everyone for support tweet, %^*& me, In his mind he is the greatest and most accurate pundit on the planet.

Jamie Carragher got ‘subbed’ from Sky for a few months. Next season; he’s back on and everyone forgot.

Same thing will happen here.

Dont see it posted anywhere.

BBC Scotland pundit Michael Stewart has had his suspension from the national broadcaster extended as an investigation continues into comments he made live on BBC Radio Scotland.
Putting his verbal assault on james traynor when traynor was not able to defend himself - stewart should be sacked for bizarrely dragging the 'fan zone' and glasgow city council into the mix - proving he is using the bbc as a platform to display his political views and attempt to ingratiate himself with the snp

He won't actually be employed by the BBC will he. More likely to be a freelance contractor so they have absolutely no excuse just to stop using him.
Hopefully if he is given the boot from the BBC and BT leaving Scottish football we don't have to put up with as much of his drivel.

Likewise - you don’t get “banned” from a job for five days. Is he a freelancer or full time staff?
Freelancer , for sure .

BBC Scotland attacks are not going to end this isn’t a rogue producer / few journalists , and they will be searching for a cover up to re-target the public dialogue from this relatively serious position they have created with Traynor .
Watch that space .

Doubt he is a full time staffer, but as stated he will probably be on a contract that they could terminate. The patriots from the paedodome will probably crowdfund his wages as he suits their twisted agenda.

He won't actually be employed by the BBC will he. More likely to be a freelance contractor so they have absolutely no excuse just to stop using him.
Hopefully if he is given the boot from the BBC and BT leaving Scottish football we don't have to put up with as much of his drivel.
He is freelance . 100%. Although they seem to have a pile of freelancers who are essentially staff and have been for how long ? Eg Richard Gordon , Rob McLean , Tom English , Wankboy .

Thought hmrc had contract rules in place. I work in IT, if I stayed working for my employer under contract terms for more than two years I’d be deemed to have “tenure” and be considered for tax purposes as a full time employee. How are the bbc getting away with employing these contractors on such long term arrangements?

If the bastards at Pacific Quay don’t sack this twat there will be trouble. They would be guilty of supporting him and his on air denial of a racist incident. Every man and his dog heard the viral videos and now we have the arrest of a mentally challenged with the Kilmarnock investigation. I can’t see how he can come back from that.
As for continuing with BT or Premier a sports the same situation applies.
If he is sacked it will be for what he said about traynor.

They will just wheel an other rangers hater in his place

Has there ever, I mean ever, in Scottish football, been anything more toe-curlingly cringy than this nonentity’s Spanish tweet?

In light of what happened to Jim Traynor earlier I can't see him being reinstated,they wouldn't be that stupid...would they?

Is he not freelance? He won't be sacked then, merely not hired again.

If I watch the highlights I do just that - not interested in his 'analysis' or <snigger> insights, as he mangles his way through the English language..

If he was freelance then they wouldn't have the need to suspend him in the first place. He must have at least one contract with the BBC.

Jamie Carragher got ‘subbed’ from Sky for a few months. Next season; he’s back on and everyone forgot.

Same thing will happen here.

Do Sky have a charter they have to adhere to?? You gotta remember the beeb are publicly funded and are more strictly governed so they won't get away with that unless they can find some sort of "out" for the ginger bawbag.

Do Sky have a charter they have to adhere to?? You gotta remember the beeb are publicly funded and are more strictly governed so they won't get away with that unless they can find some sort of "out" for the ginger bawbag.

I sure blooming hope so. I want him out, he’s a dick.

But I’m being pessimistic about the situation. I don’t trust the BBC.

In light of what happened to Jim Traynor earlier I can't see him being reinstated,they wouldn't be that stupid...would they?
They have probably hoped the situation would blow over fairly quickly and they could quietly reinstate him. Now this has happened it puts his behaviour under even greater scrutiny. I can’t see him being back this season. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was back for next season though when his BT gig will be over.

If treanor doesn’t pull through or anything happens to him as a result of this cowardly attack , a lot of these scumbag “ journalists “ who encouraged it will be on a shaky peg .

A 66 year old man being assaulted because clowns like Stewart drum up online hate - what a dangerous vile country we now live in .

I'd imagine slightly different situations as carraghers incident, while disgusting and inexcusable, was unrelated to his job. Possibly easier to bring him back whereas Stewart has more of a case to answer to

They will sack him. He’s breached the bbc charter. He’s made unfounded and unsubstantiated claims on a publicly funded live radio station, he’s accepted and condoned racism with his comments, he’s given traynor absolute dogs abuse.
He will have to explain his actions, he’ll have to provide evidence, of which he has none, for the content of his comments.
I said before and loads of folk say it. He’s a primark Chris Sutton. He’s dying to have the same reputation as him, the same notoriety.

he will never have it. He’s a footballer who failed in his career and he will now fail in his career as a pundit. his only fanbase is the cretins from the green end of the City who wank over his every word.

They will sack him. He’s breached the bbc charter. He’s made unfounded and unsubstantiated claims on a publicly funded live radio station, he’s accepted and condoned racism with his comments, he’s given traynor absolute dogs abuse.
He will have to explain his actions, he’ll have to provide evidence, of which he has none, for the content of his comments.
I said before and loads of folk say it. He’s a primark Chris Sutton. He’s dying to have the same reputation as him, the same notoriety.

he will never have it. He’s a footballer who failed in his career and he will now fail in his career as a pundit. his only fanbase is the cretins from the green end of the City who wank over his every word.

Stewart is arguably even more worth the watching than Sutton.

Sutton is just a gobshite who really only appeals to the scum.

Stewart is involved in politics and part of his tirade the other night was regarding political matters. He moves in nationalist circles and as well as being a failed footballer and a failed pundit he's a failed attempted politician. The guy obviously has ambition.

Furthermore, he's a nationalist who has, without a hint of irony, accused Traynor of being dangerous and helping divide Scottish society. When pulled up about his comments on the show he said he wasn't talking specifically about the Morelos incident but more widely. Straight out, no holds barred, attack on Traynor. In today's Scotland what is that if not dangerous?

Stewart will be absolutely incandescent with rage at not being able to do anything about this,he is arrogant and obstinate at the best of times,Stewart getting the sack would be just desserts let's hope it happens.

Given the attack on Jim Traynor I hope Stewart loses the contract role at both BBC and BT Sport

The club have to demand he is no longer used after the verbal attack on Traynor on Sportsound has stoked the mentally challengeds into a frenzy and undoubtedly put Traynor on the scums list of acceptable targets to attack

If Rangers board had the balls they would also go after the Sun and tell them if Stewart is allowed to continue writing articles in their rag they are banned from all aspects of our club players and staff

This has gone too far and turned into physical violent attacks on a 66 yo man I. Broad daylight walking in the street

I also hope Jim Traynor sues Stewart after his defamation on Sportsound. The BBC apology should not be accepted and Traynor should go after them legally too as they gave Stewart the platform to spout his bile and hatred

We all knew this was escalating and it won’t be the last physical attack

Can you imagine if we hadn’t dropped all the points since the winter break ?

The mentally challenged scum would be even worse!!

Back