Stewart Milne - He's got a nerve

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Stewart Milne has aimed a parting shot at Rangers and Celtic and claimed their reluctance to allow change has held Scottish football back.

The Aberdeen chairman will step down at Monday night’s Annual General Meeting and bring down the curtain on his 21 years at the Pittodrie helm.

Milne believes there needs to be a general shake-up in Scotland’s game but knows it is unlikely to happen because Glasgow’s big two will always put their own interests first.

He admitted: “If we had the courage to bring somebody independent in to come up with a plan and a structure for going forward eventually a lot of benefits would come through at national and club level.

“But it is difficult to see ourselves getting into that position.

“We have a particularly difficult situation in Scotland that we have two clubs that are so much out of line with the rest of the game in terms of their scale.

“Their needs and aspirations are different from the majority of other clubs but I do believe there is a lot more common ground that could be seized upon that wouldn’t be detrimental to them either.

“But I’m not sure it will ever happen.”

Milne has seen it all in his time in Scottish football from league reconstruction, to failed and botched television deals and breakaway threats.

He also believes the game would also benefit from having one body rather than the dual governance from the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Professional Football League.

“I’ve said for a long time that if we had one consolidated body run by the right people we might start to see the game moving forward with a common agenda,” the property tycoon claimed.

“In many ways Scottish football has come through its most challenging period in the past 20 years that it has ever been faced with.

“There have been some good things done but I think there were some real opportunities there that we missed.

“One of the good things in America is that they’ve got a much stronger central control of the game.

“It’s clear that the environment of the clubs operating in that they are expected to deliver.”

The one positive from recent seasons has been the development of young talent and Milne knows that is the way forward for all Scotland’s clubs.

He stated: “But the good thing is we have been forced back to doing more on youth development going forward and we have started to see some of the benefits coming through at clubs.

“That’s the only way we can get back competing in Europe again as we are never going to buy ourselves into a position that so many other clubs are.”

Now correct me if I am wrong but didn't the SPL clubs, with us out of the picture, want to change the voting system to 10-2 or 9-3 but Aberdeen blocked change by backing Celtic to maintain the 11-1 voting for decision making? I am fairly sure I am not mistaken. Only yourself to blame Stewart, the opportunity was there and you dropped the ball.

Last edited:
Know what you and all your other diddy teams need to do, heid sheepshagger?

Start playing with the same aggression and passion you do in all your games against us in your other matches; you may actually find yourself in a title race for once.

He’s saying a lot of words without actually saying anything at all. Everyone knows Rangers and Celtc are on a different scale. Everyone knows that the SPFL and SFA is a stupid way to govern the game. And America? Really?

Pretty sure when Rangers were down the leagues his mob voted against a change to the 11-1 voting structure something the smaller clubs had wanted changed for many years.

Don’t start whining when you actually had a chance to give smaller clubs more power but didn’t take it.

Last edited:
Did he not have a chance to change the voting right in Scottish football but for some reason decided to vote in favour with Celtic ??

Certainly has a point here.....

"I’ve said for a long time that if we had one consolidated body run by the right people we might start to see the game moving forward with a common agenda,” the property tycoon claimed."

Firstly what do the sheep do to help clubs below them............ Absolutely f##k all I'd say.

Secondly if they gave up two of their games against the old firm and we get a 16 team league that would make 4 new SPL clubs and spread our gate money about more.

Playing each other 4 times a season doesn't suit us, it suits the SPL clubs outwith the old firm, it also make our league terrible. Some times I've seen clubs play each other 3 times in 4 weeks it's rubbish, no wonder we can't sell it.

Typical scottish response, 'it's aw their fault', been done by Leckie, Waddell and many other fuds over the years. Is Milne suggesting we are somehow to blame for the turgid football and thuggery that is Aberdeen Fc?, we've played teams in europe with limited resources (to ours) that have a far better grasp of how to play football.

Whilst Rangers were down he rode on the back of the mentally challengeds,second was a success and allowed them extra finance.

But we are back.

GIRUY.

Sure the OP is 100% correct. When they fecked us over the clubs realised it was the ideal time to change the voting system and end the perceived OF dominance. Milne however was happy to rim Liewells ring and screwed up the others.

Pretty sure when Rangers were down the leagues his mob voted against a change to the 11-1 voting structure something the smaller clubs had wanted changed for many years.

Don’t start whining when you actually had a chance to give smaller clubs more power but didn’t take it.

I can't comprehend why Aberdeen voted against this.

Were they deluded enough to think that with us out of the picture, they were going to be the 2nd force? Did they seriously think this was going to be the case?

Fair play to Lawwell for manipulating Milne.

Yes, I think he maybe pressed the wrong button when voting as he couldn't see properly from having Celtic's collective cocks in his mouth.

I've no sympathy for this prick whatsoever. He had power to make a change and shat it.

Yes, I think he maybe pressed the wrong button when voting as he couldn't see properly from having Celtic's collective cocks in his mouth.

I've no sympathy for this prick whatsoever. He had power to make a change and shat it.

He has the cheek to call Rangers and Celtc out for looking after themselves, the very thing he did when deciding to side with Celtc during the vote. %^*& them!

Stewart Milne has aimed a parting shot at Rangers and Celtic and claimed their reluctance to allow change has held Scottish football back.

The Aberdeen chairman will step down at Monday night’s Annual General Meeting and bring down the curtain on his 21 years at the Pittodrie helm.

Milne believes there needs to be a general shake-up in Scotland’s game but knows it is unlikely to happen because Glasgow’s big two will always put their own interests first.

He admitted: “If we had the courage to bring somebody independent in to come up with a plan and a structure for going forward eventually a lot of benefits would come through at national and club level.

“We have a particularly difficult situation in Scotland that we have two clubs that are so much out of line with the rest of the game in terms of their scale.

“Their needs and aspirations are different from the majority of other clubs but I do believe there is a lot more common ground that could be seized upon that wouldn’t be detrimental to them either.

Milne has seen it all in his time in Scottish football from league reconstruction, to failed and botched television deals and breakaway threats.

He also believes the game would also benefit from having one body rather than the dual governance from the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Professional Football League.

“I’ve said for a long time that if we had one consolidated body run by the right people we might start to see the game moving forward with a common agenda,” the property tycoon claimed.

“In many ways Scottish football has come through its most challenging period in the past 20 years that it has ever been faced with.

“There have been some good things done but I think there were some real opportunities there that we missed.

“One of the good things in America is that they’ve got a much stronger central control of the game.

“It’s clear that the environment of the clubs operating in that they are expected to deliver.”

The one positive from recent seasons has been the development of young talent and Milne knows that is the way forward for all Scotland’s clubs.

He stated: “But the good thing is we have been forced back to doing more on youth development going forward and we have started to see some of the benefits coming through at clubs.

“That’s the only way we can get back competing in Europe again as we are never going to buy ourselves into a position that so many other clubs are.”

Now correct me if I am wrong but didn't the SPL clubs, with us out of the picture, want to change the voting system to 10-2 or 9-3 but Aberdeen blocked change by backing Celtic to maintain the 11-1 voting for decision making? I am fairly sure I am not mistaken. Only yourself to blame Stewart, the opportunity was there and you dropped the ball.
Fik know what they offered him to fall for into line on that one.
I bet he ended up getting shafted by them.

Yes, and to this day, it utterly baffles me. Why is it that nobody in the media has asked the absolute throbber why he did this?

Yes, and to this day, it utterly baffles me. Why is it that nobody in the media has asked the absolute throbber why he did this?

When you think about it the rest of the SPL could have taken control and could have passed motions like the return of shared gate receipts, even distribution of TV monies etc. A huge own goal by Milne and it is a chance that is now gone forever. Outwith Rangers and Celtic I really do wonder what the other Chairmen thought of Milne's treachery at the time. No-one will have any sympathy for his latest ridiculous rant.

You're right, why did no-one in the media pull him up on this after this latest article.

Sheep also avoided relegation twice due to SPL rules being rigged to keep them in the top division

Yet he’s slagging us

Wiggy Bastard should just STFU and piss off

irrelevant wanker

It is diddy club thuggery and hammer throwing hoofball, personified by Aberdeen, that holds the Scottish game back.

Yes, there brand of football played & therefore condoned at that club would get football stopped.

Sorry Stewart but show a bit of leadership in terms of your clubs football ethic & then your view might mean something.

The fact that the league has been won by Rangers and the filth since 1983 would suggest this is not new.
Why does he always look as if he’s about to burst into tears?

I do agree one point he made and that's to have one body running the game it's an absolute shambles at the top of our game and too many suits who know nothing about the game in the sense they've never played or coached.

All he said is Celtic and us operate on entirely different scales than the rest of Scottish football. What is wrong or outrageous about that

100% this. Would have been interesting to see what sort of brown envelopes were passed under the table for this.

Confirmed by a sheep-supporting mate who worked at the SPL at the time. Milne saw themselves and Celtic as the "big two" in Scotland, and so blocked any reform to the voting system.

Sheep also avoided relegation twice due to SPL rules being rigged to keep them in the top division

Yet he’s slagging us

Wiggy Bastard should just STFU and piss off

irrelevant wanker

Indeed -- something that they should be ashamed of tbh.

As other posters have noted, if they played with even half as much determination against others teams as they do against us, they'd be a genuine force in Scottish football, rather than merely bile-filled Rangers-haters.

Why don’t they just let us and the other mob leave Scottish football and then they’ll be fine

Is Milne suggesting we are somehow to blame for the turgid football and thuggery that is Aberdeen Fc?, we've played teams in europe with limited resources (to ours) that have a far better grasp of how to play football.

I think he’s suggesting that now we’re back to giving them 5 nil shoeings, he’d rather not have that happen too often thank you very much, and would instead prefer to drag us back down to a level they can pretend they’re punching on an even keel.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Rangers and, it has to be said, Celtic, are shouldering the disproportionate weight of elevating the entire country’s co-efficient by reaching the latter stages of European competition.

In Milne’s myopic tawdry pit, we’d all be getting KO’d in the qualifiers.

As he was spouting that, the mentally challenged jizz was still running down the side of his mouth.

100% this. Would have been interesting to see what sort of brown envelopes were passed under the table for this.
Probably thought Aberdeen and the scum would have some sort of “special relationship” after this shady deal. And of course they do, whereby Aberdeen agree to be shafted on every possible occasion.

VKVASCz.gif

Yip. That’s exactly what happened.

Liewell promised him the Moon and delivered him a stepped in dog shite smeared on the Shittodrie door handles.

Oh well. Tuff shit to you and your irrelevant loser club :))

Yeah, like the twat and his team put up a fight against Celtic when we were punted down the leagues at his, and his counterparts, behest.

Baldy hypocrite bastard.
Now that he's stepping down he's suddenly seeing so many things he says need fixing? He never saw anything wrong before?
He never felt the need to speak up?
Sorry, but wasn't this fucking waster one of the first to flock to celtc's standard believing that the best thing to improve Scottish fitba was to mercilessly hammer the biggest and best supported club in the land?

Back