Stewart Robertson Interview - 3 June 2020

Massive positives are the museum, the new megastore, the whole 150 year celebrations, and the drive to increase revenues.

But the big black cloud is the stuff about needing to now look forward and being "disappointed" how the season ended. If that is the end of our fight with the SPFL then it's not even good enough to be called pathetic.
I took that away as well mate and actually worries me that we will not take any action. The board are doing a tremendous job, but if they don’t take this forward, there will be a lot of dissatisfaction in our support.

Last edited:
So we just need to forget about Celtic running Scottish football to the benefit of themselves, forget about the scum referees, forget about the treatment of our players, forget about how Morelos was subjected to a two month hate campaign. Forget about the bribery, criminality, corruption etc let's just forget about all on that and concentrate on the new season. Just back down bend over and take it.

Think I'm done with Scottish football. %^*& it.

Also great that the club are going to update the externals as it does look old and tired.

If they would just get the safe standing in we would have nothing to moan about.

I don’t get the 250k megastore refurb to be replaced with a new store in Edminston House within 2 years.

I do get Castore is paying it but still doesn’t make sense

What's not to get? We'll make more from the retail element in the initial stages of the new Castore deal than we would from a bar.

Until we have the EH plans completed we can't have both.

We need a club shop. £250k will pay for itself in the first month of sales.

I don’t get the 250k megastore refurb to be replaced with a new store in Edminston House within 2 years.

I do get Castore is paying it but still doesn’t make sense

Castore are a premium brand. They are investing money in the store because they don’t want something that looks cheap as %^*& as it reflects negatively on their brand image. It makes perfect sense.

So you're taking money out the club because they took about 10 days after it was confirmed last season was ending to offer you a refund and not because you need the money?

Hopefully you don't renew as the club need supporters.

mentally challengeds announced the same as we have ages ago.

I’ll be renewing and taking the refund / voucher thanks.

Maybe they weren't entirely sure of the situation and wanted to see what the position was before agreeing something which cost us dearly.

Taking it due to the attitude is very "13 year old lassie" levels of spite.

You either want the club to have the money or not. Don't use this as an excuse.

They announced the £25 voucher ages ago, really poor it took this long.

The amount is less than 0.1% of the money I’ve put in over the years. I think it’s a very pragmatic approach I’m taking whereas, “Support the club, WATP” is a very 13 year old lassie way of thinking.

An update from Managing Director Stewart Robertson on a range of topics including:

Transfer Market
RangersTV
Kit & Retail
MyGers & Season Ticket Voucher
Project 2022
Edmiston House
Club Museum

A wee bit gutted that there is no update with regards to the corrupt SPFL being taken to task.
If there were to be and that is if , would expect that to be in a separate statement

Interesting to hear him say the megastore will be turned in to a pub/leisure facility.

Would it be mad to have a small gym within it?

Not something I’d be keen on but I guess we’ll have a lot of fans who would pop in for a workout before a game to pass the time.

So you're taking money out the club because they took about 10 days after it was confirmed last season was ending to offer you a refund and not because you need the money?

Hopefully you don't renew as the club need supporters.
I don’t think any of us should tell anyone how to support the team, for all we know the poster might need the money. I’m lucky I don’t but if I did then the offer might not be as easy to turn down as it is now.

If you are encountering financial hardship due to the pandemic, then the option is there for you.

If you're not and just in the huff because you haven't previously been offered a refund, then you're the one with the attitude.
I think it’s irrelevant, I paid to attend all home league games and that hasn’t happened. A refund is due.

I take the fact we voted to end the season into account too.

The uber staunch will give themselves a clap on the back for not claiming and that’s fair enough if they think it makes them more of a fan.

Brilliant plans ahead for the club very exciting times it has to be said but the bit about moving on and no real update on our fight against the SPFL has me gutted surely to %^*& we haven't chucked it ? It would be madness to give up.

mentally challengeds announced the same as we have ages ago.

I’ll be renewing and taking the refund / voucher thanks.

They announced the £25 voucher ages ago, really poor it took this long.

The amount is less than 0.1% of the money I’ve put in over the years. I think it’s a very pragmatic approach I’m taking whereas, “Support the club, WATP” is a very 13 year old lassie way of thinking.

The mentally challengeds already knew the outcome of the season ages ago, we did not

So people in Bar72 are paying £1,200 and getting the same outcome as someone paying £500.

Surely the higher end prices had to be capped?

Feels like that full interview was a plea to fans not to take refunds. Also feel as if we’ve been here a hundred times listening to the grand plans the club have for Ibrox and surrounding areas, we will see if they come to fruition. Hopefully they do but I won’t get my hopes up just yet.

All very exciting for the future however have we just given up on the title chat? All the talk of going all the way now forgotten about?

If you take money out the club because you’re in a huff then you’re not a real fan.
I’d say I’ve got grievances and not prepared to allow the club to retain unearned money rather than a huff.

Although I’m in no way comparing the current board to those of recent history, were those who didn’t renew their season tickets back then not real fans?

Aye, it must, eh?

You are majorly down on this but tbh the plans for 2022 look great.

The area badly needs regeneration so some modern apartments wouldn't go amiss. The Ed House project looks impressive with the museum and store. The new walkway between stadium and Ed House could be similar to outside Anfield which is properly paved and immaculately kept.

We are aquiring alternative parking, a new sports bar, we have a 25 year lease on the sports complex opposite the main stand and could spruce that up. It all sounds excellent. Bisgrove is impressing me as an outsider. If there's something negative about what's happening I don't see it?

I think it’s irrelevant, I paid to attend all home league games and that hasn’t happened. A refund is due.

The uber staunch will give themselves a clap on the back for not claiming and that’s fair enough if they think it makes them more of a fan.

The "uber staunch," as you call them, will make up 99% of the fanbase in this case.

We are truly fortunate that we have directors and investors happy enough to plough millions of their own money into our club, to keep it afloat during these hard times, yet you want a refund because you're in the huff?

You're no Rangers supporter.

Really disappointed that the Rangers board have backed down now and let the spfl just hand celtic a league title. Why do they think it will be any different next season? They are openly laughing at us and we just roll over again and accept it. Still no confirmation of whether we voted to end the season or not either. Very poor.

Selling less than half of the Albion to fund the Rangers Hub project while also getting an area to replace the lost parking places is a no brainer
The only potential issue is longer term. We own the Albion land, but will we own the other land? If not, then will it be taken away for housing further down the line. The Albion land is extremely close to the stadium, if we ever wanted to do something with that land for the good of the club further down the line we will never be able to do that if there are flats there.
I think it obviously makes sense for funding other projects, it's just a shame we have to lose that good land.

There's nothing uber staunch about not taking money out of the club at a time when its needed.

We voted against ending it initially and lost. There was no vote after that. Merely a consensus that the season couldn't be completed.

Sounds pretty much like we are moving on to 20/21.

Utter bullshit from the board all the 'we won't be found wanting' and 'staus quo cannot hold' garbage was just that.

Oh here look what we are building and here's a £25 voucher off you pop.

If you had watched the interview properly you would have noticed that there is also a refund possible for the missed games.

There's no way i would take the refund but this morally correct decision has convinced me to renew for next season.

Back