Stewart Robertson Interview

Hope so. We should look into giving them a blackout of any coverage

Agree.
Whilst this is a great statement from the club, that's all it is - a statement.

It now needs some forms of action, a blackout may break contractual agreements with the SFA & SPL and the BBC and end up with legal action.

If that means another round of court cases (which we are all sick of) then so be it.

If they have admitted in writing they are treating us differently then we can force resignations at the highest levels in BBC Scotland
They are publicly funded and they are not fulfilling their obligations to the general public and discriminating against us.
We need to hold the SFA accountable here also. They are the overarching organisation that has allowed an external organisation to treat one of their member clubs differently.

A delegation from the club to BBC HQ in London should also be a must.

They are a major sponsor of the league and cup. They are probably in breach of their sponsorship agreements if the SFA or SPFL were minded to enforce them.

I had the misfortune to watch BBC1 Scotland's final score programme a couple of weeks ago - the weekend where we lost the last minute equalliser to Hivs.

The pundits in the studio were at pains to mention they weren't watching a feed but this was clearly bollocks. Were they watching it on RTV with a VPN ?

@cambridgeblue

They will be picking a stream of the game without the need fo access Rangers TV they have ability to do that as there will be feed of the game going out to the contractual broadcasters duie to the central contract with the SPFL, don't be kidded they don't

Sky Sports, BT Sport, BBC all show the same pictures

We get permission from the SPFL to broadcast the game outside the UK

Very good hard hitting factually accurate and professionally and calmly delivered interview.

But few are aware of it outside of Rangers fans. This needs spread far and wide and onto mainstream media

For those saying we should try and block any coverage so they don't show us won't happen and neither the would BBC Scotland since they are contractual obliged to show highlights via the contract with the SPFL

Only the SPFL can insist any blockage and that isn't going to happening either

I see yet again Spiers on Twitter,can't resist the opportunity to down Rangers.He is propgating the lie that The BBC wanted to come back to Ibrox, but Rangers declined.It's the exact opposite of what Stewart Robertson said,which of course he knows FFS and the club should be ramming it back down his throat.
Spears is very cute here, if you listen to the interview Stewart Robertson says, the BBC asked to come back. He also said that they only wanted to report on the games, but refused to interview our players, or our manager.
That makes it sound as though we said no. It is more likely that when told they would need to interview our manager, and players, they said no, thereby continuing their boycott of our club.

Have BBC Scotland responded to this?

Their Head of Sports should be getting asked if they have a policy to treat Rangers differently to everyone else, and why that is.

For those saying we should try and block any coverage so they don't show us won't happen and neither the would BBC Scotland since they are contractual obliged to show highlights via the contract with the SPFL

Only the SPFL can insist any blockage and that isn't going to happening either
We should then be asking why the spfl are allowing highlights to be shown when there is clearly an agenda by the bbc against Rangers

He's calling the BBC out, not before time .

Sustained pressure will be the real test , no good putting our head above the parapet and then ducking for cover again .

Good interview, this came from the right person, IE not the manager.

He's called out both the CO/procedure and the BBC in one interview.

Looks like the BBC asked back in to broadcast the games, but didn't want to do any interviews. They were rightly told to bolt.

I see speirs already spinning it against us, that the bbc were willing to come back!

They must be getting pressure somewhere, keep it up Rangers.

If there are any changes in the system then we must have impartial referees from outside this country. I do not trust any of them that have refereed in Scotland.

I remember the apology for the Ryan Jack severed head image - but what was the second apology for that SR referred to?

Good interview by Mr Robertson. There is certainly an agenda from BBC Scotland regarding our club. I cant think of any other football club around the world who are subjected to this, I must have also missed the coverage of the U17s cup win last Friday in the mhedia. Agree with some of the above posters calling for our highlights to be withdrawn from sportscene. We as a club should be doing everything possible for all our fans who cant attend matches to be able to access RangersTV to either view matches live or highlights.

BBC are reporting the interview......and at the head of the article what are they showing ? ‘Watch again - McGregors challenge on Ferguson’
Trolling barstewards

I remember the apology for the Ryan Jack severed head image - but what was the second apology for that SR referred to?

Think it may be Kheredine Idessane who had to apologise to Rangers after he claimed that Beijing Renhe HADN’T tabled a megabucks offer for Alfredo Morelos ?

Think it may be Kheredine Idessane who had to apologise to Rangers after he claimed that Beijing Renhe HADN’T tabled a megabucks offer for Alfredo Morelos ?
That’s right - so he did. he was shown documentary evidence iirc.

Timing is suspect. He's hit the nail on the head, but this should all have been said after the old firm game.
absolutely far far too late, if BBC had been called out earlier in the season by us, we could have reacted quicker while the McGregor and morelos castigation was being played out, etc, i wouldnt be surprised if Gerrard has asked for this callout , it would certainly be in his best interest.

BBC are reporting the interview......and at the head of the article what are they showing ? ‘Watch again - McGregors challenge on Ferguson’
Trolling barstewards

They continue to demonstrate what Robertson states in his interview - BBC Scotland treat our club differently to everyone else.

Or to put it bluntly, they cannot conceal their bigotry and hatred of our club.

Spot o
BBC Scotland choose not to come to our games, choose not to interview our players and choose not to interview our manager.

I believe Rangers fans are right to choose not to pay our licence fee as we’re not getting an equal service.
Spot on with that, that's the best way to get to this corporation,if it's done en masse there's not a lot they can do,maybe then their headquarters may we'll kick some arse up here.

I’m not Robertson’s biggest fan - he never seems entirely sure of himself; I just feel we need someone sharper and tougher in that role - but it was important we got that out there and he pulls no punches where the BBC are concerned.

Whether or not the media pick up on it or choose to spin it negatively is a different story.

We should then be asking why the spfl are allowing highlights to be shown when there is clearly an agenda by the bbc against Rangers

I agree.

It’s a shocking state of affairs that our football governing bodies are allowing a broadcaster to openly discriminate against one of their senior members.

They should be cancelling all BBC access to all matches until the BBC agree to cover all clubs fairly, accurately and impartially.

I'd prefer if Mr Robertson just condemned the role of Compliance Officer as not fit for purpose and discredited when it excessively covers certain incidents and ignores other incidents in other games. Its too late, anyway. They got what they wanted by excessive coverage of Morelos and McGregor to ensure they were banned and destroying our season.

Last edited:
It's a start from Robertson, and his best statement to date, however had he reacted earlier perhaps we would not have found ourselves in this position.
He is far too reactive and not controlling or influential in any way which puts us on the back foot and makes us look petty. Reacting to bad results when all seems lost is weak and rediculously overdue.
We could and should have been on the front foot following our victory on the 29th and Robertson should have influenced matters by predicting a wave of decisions and publicity against us following our victory. We all knew it would happen why didn't he.
This was yet another PR disaster and I would urge that Robertson is replaced. It is too little and far too late.
Lliewell unfortunately walks all over him, controlling the media, the SFA and and the SPFL. We have an equivalent that controls and influences nothing. We need to bring in a heavyweight and fight fire with fire.

It's a start from Robertson, and his best statement to date, however had he reacted earlier perhaps we would not have found ourselves in this position.
He is far too reactive and not controlling or influential in any way which puts us on the back foot and makes us look petty. Reacting to bad results when all seems lost is weak and well overdue.
We could and should have been on the front foot following our victory on the 29th and Robertson should have influenced matters by predicting a wave of decisions and publicity against us following our victory. We all knew it would happen why didn't he.
This was yet another PR disaster and I would urge that Robertson is replaced. It is too little and far too late.
Lliewell unfortunately walks all over him, controlling the media, the SFA and and the SPFL. We have an equivalent that controls and influences nothing. We need to bring in a heavyweight and fight fire with fire.

It's like the Arnold Schwarzenegger "I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle" from Terminator 2, but delivered by Milhaus from the Simpsons.

A bit of balls shown by the club but not in a brash way. A dignified response and correctly pointing out the compliance officer and the decisions are making our much maligned game even more of a laughing stock.

BBC are scum, but we all knew that

Calm, measured and sums up how we are all feeling. Particularly pleased to see the club taking note of the Jack photo and similar garbage we are putting up with from the BBC.

The last two male compliance officers were also useless.

Useless for everyone except a certain Club from the East End, there is a common denominator in the last 2 and the current Compliance Officer which everyone in the mainstream media seem to avoid mentioning fpr some reason.

Can someone please explain to how the f*ck a taxpayer funded body can decide to boycott coverage from our club and treat us differently to everyone else in the league?

They should be taken to task.

This sounded to me like a precursor for a direct approach to the BBC in London with the likelihood of Rangers threatening both the BBC and the SPFL that unless things change no highlights will be allowed to be broadcast on BBC channels

Back