Stick or Twist and David Martindale

You need to find the middle ground between fan media and media consumption. That is not far off a long read but it just reads like an absolute ranting monologue.

People don’t consume blogs for your opinion in your current form. An irrelevant outlet trying to gain relevance is hard, I get it but you’re not going to do that delivering the news that we already know and referencing events. It reads like long read clickbait (albeit minus the ridiculous headlines)

By no means a dig at you on a personal level and fair play to you for having a go. Perhaps it’s just me and I don’t like your writing style.

Unless the Rambling Ger tag is deliberate and that’s what you’re aiming for?

You need to find the middle ground between fan media and media consumption. That is not far off a long read but it just reads like an absolute ranting monologue.

People don’t consume blogs for your opinion in your current form. An irrelevant outlet trying to gain relevance is hard, I get it but you’re not going to do that delivering the news that we already know and referencing events. It reads like long read clickbait (albeit minus the ridiculous headlines)

By no means a dig at you on a personal level and fair play to you for having a go. Perhaps it’s just me and I don’t like your writing style.

oof-old-man.gif

Ffs mate no need for that at all.

I for one tune in as Martindale is a great character.

As for the blog absolutely nothing wrong at all with it.

That's fair enough mate. I'm not entirely sure what you're saying you want from it, your point is a little confusing or perhaps not quite as informative as you intended, but if you don't like it you don't like it.

I'm not offended by anything you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. As for the "irrelevant trying to be relevant" comment, I wouldn't say I'm trying to be relevant. I'm not in it to make money, or get closer to the club or anything like that. I write because I like talking about the club, if people enjoy reading it great,if they don't then that's OK too. I'm not trying to make any money off it, if I was I'd need to dedicate a lot mors time to it, time I don't have.

For me it's just a hobby, something I started when I was in a tough place and decided to carry on because I enjoyed it. For you it's an irrelevant, annoyance. It can exist as both things simultaneously.

I don't really read many of these blogs that get put out there however had a look simply on the basis that thought martindale was a bit different.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what you wrote in your blog mate. Think it's just an honest opinion from a rangers supporter.
I'm not exactly that well qualified or part of the grammar police but all seemed decent. So if I can get that I'd say most can.

I don't really read many of these blogs that get put out there however had a look simply on the basis that thought martindale was a bit different.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what you wrote in your blog mate. Think it's just an honest opinion from a rangers supporter.
I'm not exactly that well qualified or part of the grammar police but all seemed decent. So if I can get that I'd say most can.
Cheers mate.

Like I say to the poster who doesn't like it, I'm not in it for anything other than I like talking about the club. Some will like it, some won't, and that's OK.

I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond though mate, thank you.

Jesus christ.

Scathing.

Hey guys,

New article out which can be found here Stick or Twist

and we recently hosted David Martindale on our "Whose Team is it Anyway" Pod, it came out on Patreon Monday but should be free to air soon, i'll update with Spotify & apple music links when it is.
Well done.

As you say, if some don't like your style or content, they can make their own decisions.

That's fair enough mate. I'm not entirely sure what you're saying you want from it, your point is a little confusing or perhaps not quite as informative as you intended, but if you don't like it you don't like it.

I'm not offended by anything you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. As for the "irrelevant trying to be relevant" comment, I wouldn't say I'm trying to be relevant. I'm not in it to make money, or get closer to the club or anything like that. I write because I like talking about the club, if people enjoy reading it great,if they don't then that's OK too. I'm not trying to make any money off it, if I was I'd need to dedicate a lot mors time to it, time I don't have.

For me it's just a hobby, something I started when I was in a tough place and decided to carry on because I enjoyed it. For you it's an irrelevant, annoyance. It can exist as both things simultaneously.
It’s almost impossible to sit behind a computer, write an article and please everyone or give everyone relevant content

Seems to me your attitude is spot on,

Good article too

Well done.

As you say, if some don't like your style or content, they can make their own decisions.
Thanks mate, but I honestly don't mind the other members opinion. I'd be a hypocrite if I did as I voice my own displeasure at players, board members, etc. If you're willing to criticise others you have to be willing to accept it in return.

I appreciate you reading and supporting though mate.

Ffs mate no need for that at all.

I for one tune in as Martindale is a great character.

As for the blog absolutely nothing wrong at all with it.

Its feedback.

It might have negativity and not much of the usual cyber-rimjob most of this stuff seems to get for being from a "Bear", but having a Patreon would suggest it's to be monetised, even if it's just to cover costs.

I don't think there's anything wrong in the post. There's a lot more substance in there than there is post after post of "Excellent work mate will give it a go later" but they never do.

Its feedback.

It might have negativity and not much of the usual cyber-rimjob most of this stuff seems to get for being from a "Bear", but having a Patreon would suggest it's to be monetised, even if it's just to cover costs.

I don't think there's anything wrong in the post. There's a lot more substance in there than there is post after post of "Excellent work mate will give it a go later" but they never do.
Oh sorry, I should clarify, the patreon is for the podcast which is on the 4th official, not the blog. I do a pod on the 4th official and sometimes guest on their other pods.

That's their patreon, not mine, hence why I say I'll add the free to air links when available. I just enjoy talking about football.

The blog is 100% free and I make zero, and expect to make zero from it.

I also have no personal issue with the persons criticism, as stated in reply to him.

Oh sorry, I should clarify, the patreon is for the podcast which is on the 4th official, not the blog. I do a pod on the 4th official and sometimes guest on their other pods.

That's their patreon, not mine, hence why I say I'll add the free to air links when available. I just enjoy talking about football.

The blog is 100% free and I make zero, and expect to make zero from it.

I also have no personal issue with the persons criticism, as stated in reply to him.

Ah, OK mate - Happy to apologise.

I knew you weren't making anything but thought the Patreon would be maybe set up costs or general running.

Think it would be different were being snide, but I'd always rather have honest/fair criticism than simply "Well done" etc.

Anyway, good on you. You obviously believe in it and that's half the battle.

Thanks mate, but I honestly don't mind the other members opinion. I'd be a hypocrite if I did as I voice my own displeasure at players, board members, etc. If you're willing to criticise others you have to be willing to accept it in return.

I appreciate you reading and supporting though mate.
I don’t think there was anything in my post that wasn’t presented in a constructive manner. For all the good fan media has brought, there’s also some really bad attempts at it.

Trying to emulate someone that works for the sun isn’t exactly floating my boat!
As hilarious as my reply was (as I say so myself) I do get the point that you're making. You're pretty straight talking and some people might construe that offensively but ramblingger has been very magnanimous, and I do agree that your post was presented as constructive criticism. Sometimes it can be good to get a neutral pair of eyes on things.

Ah, OK mate - Happy to apologise.

I knew you weren't making anything but thought the Patreon would be maybe set up costs or general running.

Think it would be different were being snide, but I'd always rather have honest/fair criticism than simply "Well done" etc.

Anyway, good on you. You obviously believe in it and that's half the battle.
No need for you to apologise, I realised after your patreon comment it did look like I had a patreon so thought I'd better clarify it.

Back