Stick with Gerrard

2 seasons is absolutely nothing given what we're up against. If we were starting each season on an equal footing with Celtic like we were pre-2012 then yes it would be time up. But we're not. And if we keep changing manager every 2 years then they could be on to 60 titles before we win our 55th.

And again this "apart from Europe" thing that everyone keeps saying - as if restoring our credibility in Europe and beating top teams again is just a footnote.
It is in the grand scheme of things. We could win a European trophy every season from now till the day we all die and it wouldn’t really matter if we won 0 league titles in the same period.

It’s the beginning of the end for Gerrard and a few of this team. It’s easy to be pragmatic in February, we still have to live through them actually winning the league again and they are odds on for another treble given our form and there’s. I’d also expect recent performances to be repeated, we’ve shown nothing that suggests we can play our way through this.

I’ve never seen a Rangers manager turn round form like this in my lifetime. Advocaat, McLeish, PLG, McCoist, Warburton and Pedro all went one way. You could argue McLeish turned it round at the start of the 04/05 season I suppose.

The signs aren’t good, he’s refusing to budge on tactics and personnel, is criticising the players in public and from some comments appears to be losing patience with the fans (this isn’t totally unjustified to be fair).

There just seems to be an inevitability about how all this will turn out. I think even the staunchest in our support have to be asking questions about how it’s gone so badly wrong in the last few months.

It’s the beginning of the end for Gerrard and a few of this team. It’s easy to be pragmatic in February, we still have to live through them actually winning the league again and they are odds on for another treble given our form and there’s. I’d also expect recent performances to be repeated, we’ve shown nothing that suggests we can play our way through this.

I’ve never seen a Rangers manager turn round form like this in my lifetime. Advocaat, McLeish, PLG, McCoist, Warburton and Pedro all went one way. You could argue McLeish turned it round at the start of the 04/05 season I suppose.

The signs aren’t good, he’s refusing to budge on tactics and personnel, is criticising the players in public and from some comments appears to be losing patience with the fans (this isn’t totally unjustified to be fair).

There just seems to be an inevitability about how all this will turn out. I think even the staunchest in our support have to be asking questions about how it’s gone so badly wrong in the last few months.

Well in all those cases it was a bad start, followed by a slight improvement then back to utter sh*t.

This is very different.

every time i watch sky sports Gerrard is on a clip, he is still a huge name, we got Kent because of him, we got Defoe because of him, he will get there we just need time and money.
I see Neil Lennon on skysports all the time.

Imo he’s throwing too many players under the bus. He’s not learning that every other team in the league have found out his tactics. A good manager learns from his mistakes. The league was ours to lose and we’ve fucked it.

The questions I'd ask based on this, and numerous other threads:

You all realise we have absolutely no right to win the league just now, yeah?

Just how long does "learning from mistakes" take?

Would you agree the best way for teams to do that is on the training pitch?

What discernible difference will it make to your life if Celtic win 10 in a row?

Don’t agree with that he’s done ok against the dross we should be destroying,

He was kicked out the champions league on his arse and had a much easier path and games in the UEFA than we have had.

He was sacked from Bolton and Hivs he’s no great shakes.

I don't think he's any great shakes either mate, but he's currently miles ahead in terms of points, compared to Rodgers last season and his side are far better organised and harder to beat in Europe than under Rodgers.

He's the perfect fit for the mentally challengeds.

No question we've had the harder draws in Europe and we've beaten some very good teams, which is to Gerrard's credit.

Im not sure that even with a better manager we could win the league

Celtic have had years of Champions League money they can afford to spend and waste millions on players as long a a few turn out good
We do not have that luxury we have to shop cheaper and make every transfer work and that is asking a lot.

Every team bar Livingston tries harder against us than they do them. I know this has always been the case but when we had a good team with good players we could handle it when we have an ordinary team like we have now it is difficult not to drop points

Referees are too much of an influence I do not blame them totally for the many dropped points this season but you would have to be blind or deluded not to see that they are shit scared to give any major decisions to us they don't want a witch hunt by the media and their windows panned in

To win we have to overcome all of the above and I'm not sure we can.

We have a very talented group of young players but if we are going to genuinely compete next season two things need to happen.

we need to add a few established experienced players that we can rely on to perform week in week out.

Gerrard and co need to realise that the current system is not the answer. We need to be able to adapt each game and play the formation most likely to get the result. At the moment our opposition know exactly how to prepare and set up against us.

Gerrard will probably get one more year but he will have to deliver success or his time is up.

84 points they won the league with last season, I fear that was the season we could have stopped them but it was Gerrards first season and it was unrealistic to expect us to have won it then

No doubt we have improved in europe and we can now beat Celtic but we still cant beat Killie and Aberdeen.

The whole thing fuks with your head.

Sir Alex was in a good league we can’t even beat a team with a wage cap of a couple of grand a week .

But we can. That's why we're 22pts ahead of 3rd place. In one-off games, though, anything can happen - and it's one of the reason we continue to watch football.

We lack quality and depth. If any from our mainstays are injured, suspended or out-of-form then we suffer drastically, especially in games we're meant to dominate and create.

Who do you suggest we bring in to replace him?

Judging by his daft ramblings on this thread im going to suggest that poster will come out with utter garbage like approaching Guardiola due to Man City's ban, maybe Klopp will want a change of scenery.

The thing is he'll probably think that's realistic.

Were stuck with him unless he chucks it which I would not be disappointed if he did,we cannot afford to have an apprentice manager

We need to stick by SG, he will learn- the hard way- and there is no-one else out there worth having. He will succeed. we need to invest.

it’s a tricky one. Say we rip it up and start again with someone else. My fear is that it could go tits up and set us even further behind. Having calmed down from yesterday I say stick with him.

I don't think he's any great shakes either mate, but he's currently miles ahead in terms of points, compared to Rodgers last season and his side are far better organised and harder to beat in Europe than under Rodgers.

He's the perfect fit for the mentally challengeds.

No question we've had the harder draws in Europe and we've beaten some very good teams, which is to Gerrard's credit.

My point is a decent manager would romp this League, Gerrard keeps making the same mistakes , Kille away , Aberdeen In general, Constant banana skins .

But we can. That's why we're 22pts ahead of 3rd place. In one-off games, though, anything can happen - and it's one of the reason we continue to watch football.

We lack quality and depth. If any from our mainstays are injured, suspended or out-of-form then we suffer drastically, especially in games we're meant to dominate and create.
Its the killer instinct we need. to put games away and grind out the result required.

Braga are in third place, 16 points off the top of Prem Liga but apart from your statement about them being the league leaders, there's not much I disagree with.

Gerrard has chosen the players he has and has signed shite like Barker and Ojo to name a few.

The problem is that he looks like he has chucked it. His post match interviews are horrendous

Its true though, you have a short memory if you think we haven't progressed.

Unfortunately for us when you guys get your way and he's chased out the door whoever comes in will still face a Celtic with double our budget.

I have no short Memory he looks like he’s lost the team no one seems like they are giving a shit and in turn he’s throwing certain players under the bus and others can do no wrong ,

How long do we wait for this transformation he’s had the best part of 2 seasons and apart from Europe we are going backwards?
Imagine if Liverpool sacked Klopp after 2 seasons. After all he only made 1 domestic final which they lost, Europe was the only "really impressive" thing he did, after he inherited a club that were underachieving and not all that at the time of him taking them over. To say we're going backwards is just silly, we've come to a massive halt since coming back from the break and it's frustrating but that doesn't mean we aren't progressing.

Like Who? Interested to know who you think could do a better job?

If I had my choice and we could afford him it would be big Sam he plays just the type of football we need to go to places like St Johnstone and Kille away and win .

Imagine if Liverpool sacked Klopp after 2 seasons. After all he only made 1 domestic final which they lost, Europe was the only "really impressive" thing he did, after he inherited a club that were underachieving and not all that at the time of him taking them over. To say we're going backwards is just silly, we've come to a massive halt since coming back from the break and it's frustrating but that doesn't mean we aren't progressing.

Liverpool had hardly won a thing in 20 years apart from Europe so he has time .

Klop had also proven himself in Germany what’s Gerrard proved ? .

Gerrard has chosen the players he has and has signed shite like Barker and Ojo to name a few.

Short-term gambles to flesh out the squad. Some will work, most will not. Or were you seriously thinking we'd be able to overhaul a squad completely on a limited budget?

Incidentally, do you think the likes of Morelos, Borna, Kamara and Ryan Jack have improved as players?

My point is a decent manager would romp this League, Gerrard keeps making the same mistakes , Kille away , Aberdeen In general, Constant banana skins .

That's simply not true though mate.

No matter who our manager is, they aren't romping this league, when the mentally challengeds are dropping as few points as they are.

The challenges a current Rangers manager faces are are very demanding.

Trying to stop a team with a far larger budget and with far more domestic league experience than our manager and players.

Throw in some of the refereeing decisions that have gone against too and the way every individual error we commit seems to cost us dearly.

I think you're looking at things from a very simplistic viewpoint.

Short-term gambles to flesh out the squad. Some will work, most will not. Or were you seriously thinking we'd be able to overhaul a squad completely on a limited budget?

Incidentally, do you think the likes of Morelos, Borna, Kamara and Ryan Jack have improved as players?

Jack was a good player when we signed him and has come in to his prime , Barasic was the best player on the park when we played Osejk ( Spelling) Kamara is the same as he was in Dundee hot and cold.

Morelos has improved but as he was only a kid when he got here I would have expected so.

Liverpool had hardly won a thing in 20 years apart from Europe so he has time .

Klop had also proven himself in Germany what’s Gerrard proved ? .
You do know what we have been through since 2012 right? How is that not 100% worse than Liverpool just not winning the league and worthy of giving someone who actually proves they're a good manager more time. We'll never win anything again if you only give a manager 2 years to completely gut the previous managers squad and start winning the league

That's simply not true though mate.

No matter who our manager is, they aren't romping this league, when the mentally challengeds are dropping as few points as they are.

The challenges a current Rangers manager faces are are very demanding.

Trying to stop a team with a far larger budget and with far more domestic league experience than our manager and players.

Throw in some of the refereeing decisions that have gone against too and the way every individual error we commit seems to cost us dearly.

I think you're looking at things from a very simplistic viewpoint.

My viewpoint is it’s not good enough but we should be beating shite like Kilmarnock , Aberdeen and StJohnstone.

I would love him to come good but he keeps doing the same things and making the same shite decisions.

Only thing decent he’s done recently had stopped playing Ojo.

Back