Stick with Gerrard

My point is a decent manager would romp this League, Gerrard keeps making the same mistakes , Kille away , Aberdeen In general, Constant banana skins .
Your point is wrong. A manager doesn't get on the pitch and play via 11 men himself, he has a squad for that. No manager can make a team win without the squad being good enough.

Our loss yesterday was primarily due to one player having an absolute shocker. Something we had seen him do before. One player. Our option on the bench was to replace him with another young, inexperienced defender who had a shaky game last time he played. We need a stronger squad, something we cannot just go out and buy.

Our main striker is off form and we had to play against a team who knew how to get around us.

Even Guardiola couldn't have won that game yesterday for us. Gerrard is not without blame, but this over reaction is childish.

We HAVE improved in the league, and we have improved the quality of our squad, it's just not as quick as we all hoped.

You do know what we have been through since 2012 right? How is that not 100% worse than Liverpool just not winning the league and worthy of giving someone who actually proves they're a good manager more time. We'll never win anything again if you only give a manager 2 years to completely gut the previous managers squad and start winning the league

People want it "now". If they don't get it "now", then everything must be changed. If the "now" hasn't happened in 18 months, their only solution will be change once again.

The Club needs stability, continuity and a foundation to build upon.

Your point is wrong. A manager doesn't get on the pitch and play via 11 men himself, he has a squad for that. No manager can make a team win without the squad being good enough.

Our loss yesterday was primarily due to one player having an absolute shocker. Something we had seen him do before. One player. Our option on the bench was to replace him with another young, inexperienced defender who had a shaky game last time he played. We need a stronger squad, something we cannot just go out and buy.

Our main striker is off form and we had to play against a team who knew how to get around us.

Even Guardiola couldn't have won that game yesterday for us. Gerrard is not without blame, but this over reaction is childish.

We HAVE improved in the league, and we have improved the quality of our squad, it's just not as quick as we all hoped.

Utter mince mate a jobber like McInnes would have easily have won that game yesterday as he would have put a big guy up front and battered high balls up to him and fed off the scraps not tried to play football on a Potato field.

My viewpoint is it’s not good enough but we should be beating shite like Kilmarnock , Aberdeen and StJohnstone.

I would love him to come good but he keeps doing the same things and making the same shite decisions.

Only thing decent he’s done recently had stopped playing Ojo.

I'd be interested to see our results (and the number of goals we score) with Ojo in the team compared to when he's not.

Might suprise a few of us.

mentally challenged ten never mind the capitulation since January to gift them nine and a potential quadruple treble is unacceptable no matter the spin.

He learns from his mistakes and starts changing things up a bit and shows he has something about him or he is sacked at the end of the season if we’re trophyless. It’s that simple.

It would be tremendous in Scotland what was popcorn teeth’s like in England or at Hibs ?

But there's no guarantee of that. He's managed mid/lower level EPL and Championship teams with little pressure and ambition. We're a completely different environment.

There's a reason Allardyce never made it beyond a certain level.

You do know what we have been through since 2012 right? How is that not 100% worse than Liverpool just not winning the league and worthy of giving someone who actually proves they're a good manager more time. We'll never win anything again if you only give a manager 2 years to completely gut the previous managers squad and start winning the league

I sure do know what we have been at I’ve had a season ticket for the last 20 odd years apart from the 6 months when I wouldn’t give money to the Spivs,

We were basically in front and now have taken 1 point from our last 9 on the road .

I want Gerrard to succeed but he’s lost it as have the team .

Utter mince mate a jobber like McInnes would have easily have won that game yesterday as he would have put a big guy up front and battered high balls up to him and fed off the scraps not tried to play football on a Potato field.

They lost to St Johnstone at home a few weeks ago and haven't beaten them in 3 games this season. Another odd assertion not backed by reality.

They lost to St Johnstone at home a few weeks ago and haven't beaten them in 3 games this season. Another odd assertion not backed by reality.

The also went to Kilmarnock and Hearts and won.

I mean McInnes with our resources not with a 4000 wage cap at Aberdeen,

I wouldn’t want him as a manager but he could beat the shite with the Resources we have .

But there's no guarantee of that. He's managed mid/lower level EPL and Championship teams with little pressure and ambition. We're a completely different environment.

There's a reason Allardyce never made it beyond a certain level.

What’s Gerrard won as a manager ?

I wouldn’t want him as a manager but he could beat the shite with the Resources we have .

Why wouldn't you want him as manager if he could win all these games? By the sounds of it, you think he's a Championship-winning manager.

And that is the point sadly.
I really wanted him to be a success but he’s starting to go backwards and it’s not good enough.
He is not going backwards we have more points than last year we have performed better In Europe we have got some in different form after the winter break through many things confidence referees individual mistakes Gerrard has to take some of the blame but we are definately not going back wards

Nothing, as he's in his first job. Allardyce has nearly 3 decades of managerial experience with little tangible success.

In that time, what tells you he's right man for Ibrox?

I was asked for a name I think he would do a good job , He’s a good manager and his team would batter it’s way to winning the SPL which for me Is the only priority just now.

You honestly believe we'd have won over 70% of our games this season and make the progress we have in Europe under McInnes?

Really?

I can't see a single shred of evidence anywhere to back that up.

Tin hat on.

While every single one of us was gutted / raging about yesterday, this climb back up the leagues and improving the finances and squad to where we were before was always going to take time unless an Abramovich type individual came knocking which was never going to happen in Scotland.

While I get that loads of Bears are now questioning Gerrard and his tactics, (watching Katic blundering his way through the 90 mins, takin
g Alfie off when we go 2-1 up) but he is still learning his trade at this level and must be given time (Sir Alex was one game away from getting the bullet at Man U for having 2 baron seasons until the won the FA Cup) but we are something like 10 points better off this season than we were at this point last season = Progress. We made it through the league sections of the Europa 2 seasons on the bounce from the 1st qualifying stage = Progress and this year make the knockout stages where we take a goal advantage into Wednesday against the Portuguese league leaders = Progress. Let’s also add in taking 3 points at the piggery for the first time in 10 years in the last OF game = Progress.

Yes, we have some areas we need to strengthen (particularly in defence) but I am sure Gerrard has already identified where we need better players. He will learn from his mistakes as he appears to have done with Ojo who he continually played when we all said he wasn’t good enough and now he’s nowhere near the squad never mind the starting 11.

I saw some bollocks % stats yesterday comparing Gerrard to Pedro and Warburron showing he has a worse win record than those two but I know who I want in charge of this team and it ain’t the man who had no plan B, said week in week out we had great possession, showed great pitch geography, were unlucky and would regroup train hard and go again next week or the man who stood in a bush arguing with Bears who had just witnessed the worst and most embarrassing performance in Europe against a team of plumbers!

There is a huge expectation on Gerrard delivering a league title to stop the scum getting 10 in a row and yes they’ll gloat like %^*& if they get there but we know their titles are tainted. I think changing the manager at the end of this season will hand them 10, 11, 12 etc

I always feel proud that we are the ones who were born into families who are proud to support Rangers. We do not follow a rancid despicable cesspit of a club who support the IRA, employed known paedophiles at their BC and continue to distance themselves from the truth while those who were abused seek justice.

We will return to the top once again, and let’s hope it’s next season.

WATP

No question despite his faults.
He is the man to take us forward, and all this guff about In the media, ‘if he doesn’t win a trophy then he should be fired because it’s the west of Scotland’ needs binned.Immediately.And certainly not repeated in phone ins or blogs or whatever by our own fans!
Seriously what is the thrill on going on radio, hearing your own voice, and talking to people who just pander to you but in all reality think you are a sad sack for listening and especially calling in?
I don’t get it!
It’s bad enough coming on this forum!

Maybe not concentrating on a certain ‘number of league titles’ is the way to go.
Just focus and build for the future and concentrate on European Group qualification every season, build up resources, and we may yet topple the east end juggernaut before too long.

People want it "now". If they don't get it "now", then everything must be changed. If the "now" hasn't happened in 18 months, their only solution will be change once again.

The Club needs stability, continuity and a foundation to build upon.
Spot on. I also think the pain of a lot of us thinking we were going to win the league after the 29th of december has played a part as well. If we pushed them to the end it would be one thing but to fall apart so soon after the break has people a bit more aggressive with their opinions

They done anything but coast to their cup final win they beat us with an offside goal. Forster had the game of his life that day to prevent us from winning the cup but they're coasting to the league through our own downfall but they're 13 points better off than last season not much we can do about that really.

You’re right about the recent cup final but of the two cups last year I don’t think we can say the same. We crashed out of both. Reality is any old firm manager seeing the other side take all available trophies creates problems for the other.

As for them being 13 points better off, it’s really up to us to change that and better ourselves and beating sides we should be winning against, like St Johnstone yesterday. It’s really that simple. There’s really no excuses for the same repeated mistakes.

Unfortunately the last 8 weeks have seen us surrender the league. That’s a bitter pill for the support to swallow and one we didn’t deserve. It’s resulted in anger and people are frustrated. Bottom line is it rests with the manager.

If we couldn’t win it this year, I don’t think taking it to the final 2 or 3 weeks of the season was an unrealistic expectation. That’s the standard at the club.

I’m still behind him but for the first time the signs are concerning. You can’t keep serving up the same methods and tactics week in week out which are failing and expecting better results.

You honestly believe we'd have won over 70% of our games this season and make the progress we have in Europe under McInnes?

Really?

I can't see a single shred of evidence anywhere to back that up.

What would you rather a good run in Europe or win the league as we are never winning the UEFA cup ?

FWIW I think he will walk in the summer whilst his reputation is still intact and he will take a job down south. He would likely get a Newcastle or a West Ham type job.

When it comes to fan expectation our job is one of the worst in the world. The only thing that matters is being ahead of Celtic to the majority of our fans, nothing else matters. It's a mindset ingrained in our fans who still think it's the 90s / 00s and struggle to grasp the reality of the situation at our club since 2012.

Can you name me another team in world football who ''romp their league'' when they have a rival in the league with double the budget of them?

I can't wait to hear this.

You telling me they are getting value for money and have a good manager?

The budget we have is more than enough to compete with them.

Tin hat on.

While every single one of us was gutted / raging about yesterday, this climb back up the leagues and improving the finances and squad to where we were before was always going to take time unless an Abramovich type individual came knocking which was never going to happen in Scotland.

While I get that loads of Bears are now questioning Gerrard and his tactics, (watching Katic blundering his way through the 90 mins, taking Alfie off when we go 2-1 up) but he is still learning his trade at this level and must be given time (Sir Alex was one game away from getting the bullet at Man U for having 2 baron seasons until the won the FA Cup) but we are something like 10 points better off this season than we were at this point last season = Progress. We made it through the league sections of the Europa 2 seasons on the bounce from the 1st qualifying stage = Progress and this year make the knockout stages where we take a goal advantage into Wednesday against the Portuguese league leaders = Progress. Let’s also add in taking 3 points at the piggery for the first time in 10 years in the last OF game = Progress.

Yes, we have some areas we need to strengthen (particularly in defence) but I am sure Gerrard has already identified where we need better players. He will learn from his mistakes as he appears to have done with Ojo who he continually played when we all said he wasn’t good enough and now he’s nowhere near the squad never mind the starting 11.

I saw some bollocks % stats yesterday comparing Gerrard to Pedro and Warburron showing he has a worse win record than those two but I know who I want in charge of this team and it ain’t the man who had no plan B, said week in week out we had great possession, showed great pitch geography, were unlucky and would regroup train hard and go again next week or the man who stood in a bush arguing with Bears who had just witnessed the worst and most embarrassing performance in Europe against a team of plumbers!

There is a huge expectation on Gerrard delivering a league title to stop the scum getting 10 in a row and yes they’ll gloat like %^*& if they get there but we know their titles are tainted. I think changing the manager at the end of this season will hand them 10, 11, 12 etc

I always feel proud that we are the ones who were born into families who are proud to support Rangers. We do not follow a rancid despicable cesspit of a club who support the IRA, employed known paedophiles at their BC and continue to distance themselves from the truth while those who were abused seek justice.

We will return to the top once again, and let’s hope it’s next season.

WATP
First for me on here though been an observer for years but everyone is entitled to their opinions. We should stick with the manager and what he is trying to do. We are talking about a guy who is known and respected worldwide yet he’s managing the famous RFC. Mistakes have been made and there will be more but SG has put us back in the game specially in Europe. The gap he inherited is much smaller than when he arrived and will get smaller still. Our club nearly died a death yet we’re 90 minutes from a possible last 16 in Europe. If you can come up with someone better to lead our team and have the same standing in the game let’s hear it.

Can you name me another team in world football who ''romp their league'' when they have a rival in the league with double the budget of them?

It's fucking insane on here just now.

The mentally challengeds have dropped points only 3 games this season, they've a squad that cost millions more than ours, a budget that absolutely towers over ours and are going through an unprecedented level of domestic success that started before Gerrard even arrived. Yet all we need is a "decent" manager to romp the league.

The nonsense surrounding "Gerrard has to go" has reached peak nonsense I think. I can only assume the mentally challengeds have absolutely dominated some people's minds and they can no longer think straight or rationally.

You’re right about the recent cup final but of the two cups last year I don’t think we can say the same. We crashed out of both. Reality is any old firm manager seeing the other side take all available trophies creates problems for the other.

As for them being 13 points better off, it’s really up to us to change that and better ourselves and beating sides we should be winning against, like St Johnstone yesterday. It’s really that simple. There’s really no excuses for the same repeated mistakes.

Unfortunately the last 8 weeks have seen us surrender the league. That’s a bitter pill for the support to swallow and one we didn’t deserve. It’s resulted in anger and people are frustrated. Bottom line is it rests with the manager.

If we couldn’t win it this year, I don’t think taking it to the final 2 or 3 weeks of the season was an unrealistic expectation. That’s the standard at the club.

I’m still behind him but for the first time the signs are concerning. You can’t keep serving up the same methods and tactics week in week out which are failing and expecting better results.

I don't think we've been able to put our strongest team on the park this last 8 weeks. The closest we've came to it was against Braga, Jack was missing. Our squad isn't good enough to challenge for the title and compete in Europe. It comes down to finances. We don't have the dough to buy enough players of the required standards yet. We've got to build it season by season

Still needs time some of the players have switched off completely after a good start to the season, has to be more ruthless with players who are picked on past form rather than current form.

The mentally challengeds have dropped points only 3 games this season, they've a squad that cost millions more than ours, a budget that absolutely towers over ours and are going through an unprecedented level of domestic success that started before Gerrard even arrived. Yet all we need is a "decent" manager to romp the league.

The nonsense surrounding "Gerrard has to go" has reached peak nonsense I think. I can only assume the mentally challengeds have absolutely dominated some people's minds and they can no longer think straight or rationally.

Budgets nothing to do with not beating Hearts, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and St Johnstone, that's why we are trailing them.

FWIW I think he will walk in the summer whilst his reputation is still intact and he will take a job down south. He would likely get a Newcastle or a West Ham type job.

When it comes to fan expectation our job is one of the worst in the world. The only thing that matters is being ahead of Celtic to the majority of our fans, nothing else matters. It's a mindset ingrained in our fans who still think it's the 90s / 00s and struggle to grasp the reality of the situation at our club since 2012.

We've been back in the top flight for 4 years now and have invested millions into the playing squad.

It's far from unreasonable to expecting a title challenge at the very least.. the odd cup would be nice.

We have a manager who's been backed heavily by the board who cant work out a formula to beat shite like Aberdeen, Kille, Hearts, St Johnstone.. basically the rest of the shite in this league.

You mentioned budgets in another post.. you do know our budget dwarfs the budgets of the shite we cant beat on a regular basis?

The time for using 2012 as an excuse is gone.

You telling me they are getting value for money and have a good manager?

The budget we have is more than enough to compete with them.

You said another manager would romp the league. So just give me one example where this happens anywhere else in the world (consistently) when a team has half the budget of their competitor?

Even City and PSG are hardly "romping" their leagues with all the money in the world

Yesterday it was "any idiot" could improve us, after pointing out that we went through 5+ managers before getting Gerrard and that's what it took for us to see any major improvement.. Now it's "any decent manager would romp the league"

It's pathetic, our fans let 10iar get in their heads far too much.

Then you have people are blinded by the fact Celtic are on some run. Hard to admit that but who expected them to drop so few points at this stage of the season?

The fact of the matter is they had many years of free titles and CL and as a result were raking the money in and could invest in squad players. Our starting 11 trumps them as we've seen, the difference lies in that they can drop their starting 11 and rotate players without much drop in quality. We drop anyone outside of maybe 2 positions, with one of them being GK and there's a massive drop in quality.

Back