Stick with Gerrard

Absolute claptrap.
If McInnes “had his number” would his team not be beating Rangers?
Also, if you’re using budgets as a yardstick, you’ll accept we’ve no right we’ve no right to expect to be close to Celtic?

We have more than a big enough budget to compete with the Tims.

I must be imagining the draws defeats and being put out the cup by them next season.

Plenty of managers have spent plenty of money and not improved.
Have we spent as much as the scum?
Were they not starting from a higher position?
Were they “always going to improve” as well?
Surely if we were then it follows that they were as well.
I don’t know if Gerrard will win the league next season but I do expect to improve again.
I am also unsure who the manager would be who’ll guarantee the league next season.

Over the last few seasons I would say our net spend hasn’t been far away until possibly the last transfer window.

I must be imagining the draws defeats and being put out the cup by them next season.
I think the respective accounts show that to be wrong. They still can outspend us by multiples. But we can imagine that’s lies if you want?

No we aren’t. By no measure are we going backwards. They have double the budget and been building momentum for 8 years, can’t just overtake them in 2 years. Not going to happen.

They have a bloated squad full of over priced haddies 20,000 a week on numptys like Taylor our budget is plenty to overthrow them .

They have a mental patent as a manager who’s been sacked at Bolton and Hivs and they are no great shakes thing is though they can grind out results against the other teams .

I think the respective accounts show that to be wrong. They still can outspend us by multiples. But we can imagine that’s lies if you want?

We could easily have 16 players on a level with theirs and probably do but they are spending millions and have a massive bloated squad basically throwing money away again our budget is sufficient to compete with TLB .

Lost confidence in SG but Mcinnes you having a laugh,Jack Ross for me

Jack Ross is a worse manager than McInnes. Thankfully those two will never be near the Rangers job.

The only Scottish manager you can see being linked with the job when Gerrard goes is Alex Neil.

They have a bloated squad full of over priced haddies 20,000 a week on numptys like Taylor our budget is plenty to overthrow them .

They have a mental patent as a manager who’s been sacked at Bolton and Hivs and they are no great shakes thing is though they can grind out results against the other teams .
They’ve got a better team than us and fortunes more money than us. That doesn’t mean we can’t complete but let’s be realistic their ahead of us for circumstances that are
clear and obvious to most! the frustration so we have been pish in January and February and that’s where we’ve let ourselves down.

No but you’re deliberately ignoring the positive results against them.
You‘re first line here doesn’t quite support your argument, does it.
We spend money so must improve, they spend similar money, probably more, but won’t improve.
Our budget should make us compete but their, bigger, budget does what?
Nothing, I guess you’re suggesting.
Bizarre.

Okay, now we’re going somewhere, they have a mental patient as a manager and are somehow playing, we have someone who isn’t mental and he’s lost the dressing room? It’s not the strongest argument mate.

They’ve got a better team than us and fortunes more money than us. That doesn’t mean we can’t complete but let’s be realistic their ahead of us for circumstances that are
clear and obvious to most! the frustration so we have been pish in January and February and that’s where we’ve let ourselves down.

Them having a bigger budget than us should effect it when we play each other we were a better team last 2 games.

Issue for me is Hearts bottom of the league StJohnstone , Kille, Aberdeen haven’t beaten any of them and been beat in 2 of the games.

No but you’re deliberately ignoring the positive results against them.
You‘re first line here doesn’t quite support your argument, does it.
We spend money so must improve, they spend similar money, probably more, but won’t improve.
Our budget should make us compete but their, bigger, budget does what?
Nothing, I guess you’re suggesting.
Bizarre.

I am not ignoring our results against them ,
We have played them off the park 2 of 3 matches this season and the other they played us off , Even if we win the next 2 matches against them we wouldn’t win the league.

They aren’t a great team and don’t have a good manager bit can beat the shite which we clearly can’t .

Did Julienne not cost the same as Kent?
Does Edouard at a quoted £9m not totally quash your argument?

Yes and Julieann cost the same as Kent apparently and Eduardo cost who knows how much but they lost 3 of there best players and spent a fraction of it on replacement we also spent a lot of money in the same period players like Aribo will have had big signing on fees .

He came as a rookie manager and mistakes were always going to happen. There have been improvements in his two seasons - better points accumulation and Euro Last 32 progress for a start.

Does anyone really think a knee jerk replacement would be an improvement?

Next season was always the line in the sand and I'm not for changing the management structure now.

We have played them off the park 2 of 3 gushes this season and the other they played us off , Even if we win the next 2 gushes against them we wouldn’t win the league.

They aren’t a great team and don’t have a good manager bit can beat the shite which we clearly can’t .
If you’re not ignoring them then they’re having to be dragged out of you.
The big difference between us, and this is where their deeper pIckes comes up trumps for them, is the depth of their player pool.
I‘d back our first eleven, plus maybe three more, against theirs.
Beyond that though, for the rest of a 22-25 man squad, they have the strength.
It’s that bit extra they’ve got that covers their weaknesses, helps them and gives them that bit extra against the rest of the league.

Yes and Julieann cost the same as Kent apparently and Eduardo cost who knows how much but they lost 3 of there best players and spent a fraction of it on replacement we also spent a lot of money in the same period players like Aribo will have had big signing on fees .
So we’ve moved on to salaries?
I’m sure their most recent accounts showed their salary bill was massively more than ours.
Perhaps more than double?

If you’re not ignoring them then they’re having to be dragged out of you.
The big difference between us, and this is where their deeper products comes up trumps for them, is the depth of their player pool.
I‘d back our first eleven, plus maybe three more, against theirs.
Beyond that though, for the rest of a 22-25 man squad, they have the strength.
It’s that bit extra they’ve got that covers their weaknesses, helps them and gives them that bit extra against the rest of the league.

They play mainly the same 15-16 players and have millions sitting In the stand or out on loan our budget is good enough to beat the shite we are falling down against and run them close.

Again I hope Gerrard recovers I just can’t see it .

So we’ve moved on to salaries?
I’m sure their most recent accounts showed their salary bill was massively more than ours.
Perhaps more than double?

There wage bill is higher not as much as double just now but it’s hardly spent wisely.

We’re not going backwards, but unless he bucks up his ideas tactically then he’s never going to take us forward enough to where we need to be.

Them having a bigger budget than us should effect it when we play each other we were a better team last 2 games.

Issue for me is Hearts bottom of the league StJohnstone , Kille, Aberdeen haven’t beaten any of them and been beat in 2 of the games.
Disagree again - them having a bigger budget makes them more equipped over the course of a season. Don’t like it and we can over turn it of course but that’s the fact. That’s what happens, generally. The biggest correlation between league position is wage budget and that’s a stat the world over I believe - over a long long period of time.

Disagree again - them having a bigger budget makes them more equipped over the course of a season. Don’t like it and we can over turn it of course but that’s the fact. That’s what happens, generally. The biggest correlation between league position is wage budget and that’s a stat the world over I believe - over a long long period of time.

City, and Utd have far bigger budgets and wage bill than Liverpool, Leicester won the league not long ago on a budget probably 25% or less than City .

We aren’t playing against Pep or Klopp we are up against a guy who’s been sacked twice .

City, and Utd have far bigger budgets and wage bill than Liverpool, Leicester won the league not long ago on a budget probably 25% or less than City .

We aren’t playing against Pep or Klopp we are up against a guy who’s been sacked twice .
I was sure the Lennon factor would see them combust this year

I’d question the sanity and motived of anyone who genuinely thinks the answer is to sack Gerrard.

Question him, yes. Sack him, bonkers.
There might not be any choice, he might chuck it in the summer. Players clearly not listening to him, huge expectations and pressure, a fucking disaster of a second half of a season, twice and possibly 2 trebles to our rivals. He might think %^*& this, its too much.

How long do we wait for this transformation he’s had the best part of 2 seasons and apart from Europe we are going backwards?
Your ignoring the massive gap in spending and squad depth between us and them.
It's not so long ago there was a baw hairs width between us and the sheep in terms of league position. We are comfortably 2nd best.
It's still a big ask to overturn a team who have a massive advantage over us, a team still in transition. It might take a few more years yet and some champions League money to help us on our way. That's the harsh reality. Of you could do it without a big squad and money I'm sure there would be a queue of challengers.

SG is laying foundations. We are just not quite ready to put the house up yet. Patience. Don't let this 9 and 10 thing be all that defines us. We are lucky to still be here.

I am done with Gerrard and want him away end of the season unless something turns up such as a deep run in the EL,two wins v mentally challengeds or winning Scottish cup. He's had two seasons and we aren't going anywhere.

I don't rate his transfer record,He's wasted lots of dosh. Morelos,tav,Jack already here. A team full of just Gerrard buys would be pretty shoddy.

4-3-3 Flannigan Katic Goldson Polster/Arfield Aribo Kamara/ Kent Defoe Jones. That's hardly earth-shattering and must hold onto. Football isn't even that great either. Eck and Le Guen did well in Europe but it didn't cover their failings.

Like I've said on lots of threads regarding Gerrard. I 100% want him to be a success and I absolutely want him to be at Rangers. I think he's a great guy and a great presence to have around the club. However, it is exceptionally important that regardless of who he is that he's constantly learning and adapting to being the best manager he can be. The best he can be for Rangers.

He needs to learn from mistakes. He needs to show he can adapt and adapt quickly. At this moment in time he doesn't appear to show either on a regular basis at all.

The team has moved forward. However, it's clear to see we do have much better players at the moment that we did previously. We've shown we can be very good under Gerrard but at the same time it's clear other managers have got him sussed to a degree and that's isn't good.

Our players should be able to be a bit off form and dispose of teams like Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone as well as bottom of the league Hearts. These teams shouldn't be coming away with points against us. Make us work, sure, but getting the results they way they are isn't on.

For me Gerrard has a lot of work to do. He's not showing he's learning from mistakes. He's not learning quick enough period. There is something very, very wrong with the Rangers team at the moment. I don't know if it's as simple as Gerrard or simple as the team's attitude. However, we've had long enough for things to just be better and not having to worry about how we're going to struggle in the next game.

More points than at this stage last season, goals scored and less conceded and progressed further in Europe.

But yeah, going backwards.

Some people are so thick it's unreal.

We haven’t went backwards but the simple fact of the matter is - out of the title race by January AGAIN. So there’s not much in the way of progress where we really need it, and simply comparing the points tallies between and last season isn’t a good barometer.

But the key question that must be addressed here is: why has the team imploded since returning from the winter break and all but handed them 9-in-a-row?

Either there is a group of players within the team who do not possess the stamina, the will, mental toughness, or the heart to cope with the pressure that goes with playing for Rangers, or alternatively, tough questions must be asked of the manager and his coaches about the way they prepare the team, the tactics employed, the team selection, the substitution patterns used, the signing policies etc.

If it is the former, and there a number of players who can't be relied upon, who lack that 'winning mentality', that hatred of losing that should be typical of all Rangers players, or are simply not good enough, then they should be gotten rid of. However, if it is the latter, then legitimate questions must be asked of SG, and whether or not as a rookie manager, the Rangers job under the present circumstances, is just a bridge too far.

Whilst we are still in an inferior position financially to the bheasts, IMO this does not account for our current difficulties, pretending that it does will get us nowhere.

Big moments for me. September and the game against them. Both teams had taken full points, we were at home and had the chance to not only beat them, but apply early pressure.

The manager got his tactics and team selection horribly wrong, the players failed to turn up and we missed an opportunity as we were beaten 2-0.

The following week they went to Hamilton and struggled. It could have been a different outcome had we beaten them. Pressure would have been on Lennon.

They drew with Hibs then lost to Livingston. We were given another chance at putting pressure on them and what happened, we went to Tynecastle, turned in a shocking performance and dropped two points.

They never looked back and went on a winning run until we beat them on the 29th December. During their run we collapsed at Pittodrie after leading by two goals. That game should have been out of sight by half time but we sprayed the ball about at 1 and 2 nil like we were 5-0 up with 5 minutes remaining in the clock.

The first away match after beating the bheggars, in a great position and we collapse yet again - from a winning position.

The rest is history. Massive opportunities and we bottled every single one of them. Lennon hasn't felt pressure, we've not put up a title fight. He's had an easy ride. They have put together a run but in the same time we've been leading on three occasions to then drop 8 points.

Big moments for me. September and the game against them. Both teams had taken full points, we were at home and had the chance to not only beat them, but apply early pressure.

The manager got his tactics and team selection horribly wrong, the players failed to turn up and we missed an opportunity as we were beaten 2-0.

The following week they went to Hamilton and struggled. It could have been a different outcome had we beaten them. Pressure would have been on Lennon.

They drew with Hibs then lost to Livingston. We were given another chance at putting pressure on them and what happened, we went to Tynecastle, turned in a shocking performance and dropped two points.

They never looked back and went on a winning run until we beat them on the 29th December. During their run we collapsed at Pittodrie after leading by two goals. That game should have been out of sight by half time but we sprayed the ball about at 1 and 2 nil like we were 5-0 up with 5 minutes remaining in the clock.

The first away match after beating the bheggars, in a great position and we collapse yet again - from a winning position.

The rest is history. Massive opportunities and we bottled every single one of them. Lennon hasn't felt pressure, we've not put up a title fight. He's had an easy ride. They have put together a run but in the same time we've been leading on three occasions to then drop 8 points.

We've no control over what they do. All we can do is get our own house in order. There's no way we could go through the season only dropping points 3 times in a season. Better squads in the 9iar couldn't do that so it's unfair to expect this squad to do it

We've no control over what they do. All we can do is get our own house in order. There's no way we could go through the season only dropping points 3 times in a season. Better squads in the 9iar couldn't do that so it's unfair to expect this squad to do it

We fail to win the big matches, we fail to hold on to matches from a winning position.

That's a concern.

There has been a little progress this season but only in comparison to the rest of the dross in the SPL. We have 9 points more than we had at the same stage last season where we struggled to put them away so often. We are still struggling to beat the ultra-defensive sides we face but we have been able to get ourselves over the live 2 or 3 more times than last year. We have also made progress in Europe, that is undeniable.

But we have made zero progress in closing the gap between us and them. This is where we have regressed. Yes, they have gone on a great run but they did exactly the same thing at the same stage last season. Unfortunately, we have gone on a worse run at the same time thanwe did last season. We can’t control what they do but we should begetting better results against the absolute rubbish in the SPL than we do. This is down partly to a poor attitude from our players, partly to tactical ineptitude from the manager and partly to the cheating referees we face. It is in our power to fix 2 of these 3 issues but with Gerrard not showing much sign of learning anything from the mistakes of last season and thus season so far I don’t have much confidence this will happen.

We have played them off the park 2 of 3 matches this season and the other they played us off , Even if we win the next 2 matches against them we wouldn’t win the league.

See regardless of Lennon being a wee scumbag he's shown at this level he is a good manager with 2 different clubs. They're also 13 points better off at this stage last season so he's done something to make them better.

They didnt really play us off the pitch at Ibrox either we didnt show up and they still struggled to put us away needed a 93rd minute break away goal to finish us off.

Has Gerrard regularly beaten them over the last 2 seasons?

They also put us out the cup last season he’s got his number alright.

Good win against them earlier in the season but most games McInnes has held his own with less than a third of his budget.

He has 1 league win in 7 against us since Gerrard has taken over and the head to head record in all competitions is the same so hardly a measure of having Gerrards number. If he had Gerrards number he wouldn't be putting 10 men behind the ball and kicking everything that moves.

It's easy to say get rid. But what happens when the new man comes in and struggles in his first 6 months. We would turn on him the first time his team drops points. He would still be working with a budget that is miles behind that mob

Back