Sticker book as an adult.

Don't you think that often people who point the most at other people for certain questionable habits are themselves perhaps in denial?
Just saying!
No I think people that continue doing child like things into adulthood probably shouldn't be allowed near a playground. Just saying.

Has anyone else ever done this? 2014 World Cup, myself and my group of mates decided to do this. The collection of doublers you quickly amass whilst buying stickers on adults money. Including buying boxes of stickers online.
You need to get a girlfriend or boyfriend mate

Welcome to the mad collectors circle :D I never did stickers myself but i collect loads of other things
I did collect the topps cards though in 1975 and funnily, just sold the full set minus one last week on ebay for a ton .No point sitting in an attic for another 45 years and the funds bought me a nice 1 18 scale Ferrari . One vice to another eh but at least i can look at it on the shelf with the 80 other ones:))
I recently sold three single cards for a total 800 quid.
I also sold two single stickers for 120 quid.
Kids stuff, eh?

Has anyone else ever done this? 2014 World Cup, myself and my group of mates decided to do this. The collection of doublers you quickly amass whilst buying stickers on adults money. Including buying boxes of stickers online.
You really can't handle lockdown can you.

No I think people that continue doing child like things into adulthood probably shouldn't be allowed near a playground. Just saying.

Try having two boys aged 9 and 5.

We often build dens, play tig, wrestling championships etc etc.

Last season I was helping my boy complete a football sticker book, found myself buying stickers everytime I was at the shop hoping he/we would get certain players.

Now if you have no kids and you are building dens, wrestling your pillow and playing tig with random kids on the street then yeah that's weird hahaha

Me and the boy have been doing the Scotland one, using it as a way to try get him liking football a bit more, hes only 5 right enough. Plenty doublers there if anyone else is collecting

Try having two boys aged 9 and 5.

We often build dens, play tig, wrestling championships etc etc.

Last season I was helping my boy complete a football sticker book, found myself buying stickers everytime I was at the shop hoping he/we would get certain players.

Now if you have no kids and you are building dens, wrestling your pillow and playing tig with random kids on the street then yeah that's weird hahaha
I have a granddaughter who wants me to help her with her Frozen sticker album.
Mind you she knows all about Rangers as well. :D

Has anyone else ever done this? 2014 World Cup, myself and my group of mates decided to do this.
giphy.gif

My son plays for a local youth team and it was the club anniversary, they decided to do a sticker book with players of all age groups, I managed to get the full book completed, was buying packets daily, meeting people for swaps, was hard work, but got there. My first complete and last sticker book. I will keep it safe since my son has his own footy sticker in the album

Bought 3 packets of champions league stickers on the way back from nursery thanks to this thread. 30 stickers and 18 swaps.

adult money indeed

Used to have a t-shirt online I had designed with old Rangers cigarette cards. A couple of months later I had an email from an Italian lawyer representing Panini and telling me to basically get it the %^*& down.
So no I don't do sticker books these days.

Used to have a t-shirt online I had designed with old Rangers cigarette cards. A couple of months later I had an email from an Italian lawyer representing Panini and telling me to basically get it the %^*& down.
So no I don't do sticker books these days.
Why would Panini have any copyright authority regarding old cigarette cards?
It would be helpful if you could explain that one?

Downloaded the free Euro 2020 Panini album app. Free packets daily and can swap with others online.
First Panini album I've done since the 80s. Lockdown boredom.

After seeing the above post I downloaded the app, and I find it a harmless piece of fun and quite relaxing. I also did the online 2018 World Cup one as well.

Let me know if you have got any swaps mate.

Part of the fun doing this as a kid was that it was difficult to fill the book. It took time, effort, a degree of negotiation and what precious little pocket money your parents afforded you every week.

There was one kid in my class though whose birthday was at the start of August and his old man used to buy him an entire box of stickers every year so he had it filled up quicker than everyone else.

As an adult you’d surely just do that then - buy entire boxes of stickers and fill the album up in no time?

I can’t imagine grown men walking around with reams of doubles in a thick lacky band meeting each other in playgrounds or car parks or whatever and looking through each other’s pile going, “Got, got, got, not got . . .’

:D Great memories. A crowd would begin to gather and there would be a swagger to the wee guy with the huge bundle.

Go for it, OP.

I’ve started buying old Roy of the Rovers comics from eBay. Of course it’s for my kids...

If Panini were to release a sticker album celebrating our 150th anniversary I bet half the people slagging off the OP would be collecting that.

Incidentally, I really wish Panini would do that!

It’s a great idea. Can we pass this idea on to the Club?

A wee story of children being naive and innocent but I was doing the World Cup 2018 sticker book with my nephew who was 6 at the time and he got two black guys in a pack and went "aw naw more doublers".

Downloaded the free Euro 2020 Panini album app. Free packets daily and can swap with others online.
First Panini album I've done since the 80s. Lockdown boredom.
Can only open 4 packs a day though.

First 2 duplicates I had went up for Jack and Kamara.

Back