Sticker book as an adult.

Fifercolt

Has anyone else ever done this? 2014 World Cup, myself and my group of mates decided to do this. The collection of doublers you quickly amass whilst buying stickers on adults money. Including buying boxes of stickers online.

Euro 2016 my matws and i did it for a laugh

Northern ireland qualifying was sort of an excuse

Was a great laugh, but i spent an absolute fortune on them

First onw i ever actually completed

Euro 2016 my matws and i did it for a laugh

Northern ireland qualifying was sort of an excuse

Was a great laugh, but i spent an absolute fortune on them

First onw i ever actually completed
Aye, we all managed to complete the books, but spent fortunes doing it.

Has anyone else ever done this? 2014 World Cup, myself and my group of mates decided to do this. The collection of doublers you quickly amass whilst buying stickers on adults money. Including buying boxes of stickers online.
Will admit got little addicted when doing 2018 with my eldest kid. Thankfully someone else in work was in the same situation so we swapped doubles

Saved a fortune doing that!

I thought about doing the Euro one, but me and my mate worked it out.
There are 678 stickers in the book, with 5 stickers in a pack, at 90p a pack, your talking £125, and that’s only if you’re the jammiest guy alive and get no doublers. So your easy talking £200-£400, just to fill a sticker book!
No thanks! I’m and adult, I’ve got better things to spend that kinda money on. Such as the Nintendo 64 I just bought B-)

Spent a fortune on the Champions League book this year and because of Rangers, I’ll have to beat year.

All because my 4 year old enjoys it though...I promise

Last one I did was the 2016 Euros, the 2018 World Cup they nearly doubled the number of stickers and increased the cost so it was far too expensive, tremendous fun though, I was swapping stickers with people in our various offices throughout the country, the mail room were curious as to the massive spike in internal mail for me :D

I stopped buying stickers when I discovered scud mags, bought them instead!

you dont happen to all play World of Warcraft?

Fair play.

I stopped when i discovered the joy of chugging.
5uFS0cA.jpg

Correct !
Or in my case , bubble gum cards !
:))

Last edited:
yes, :) truth be told though, I decided years ago that I only wanted players associated with Rangers. Pages of Peralta Honduras stickers, Jelavic Croatia etc :)

Start collecting mate.

There'll doubtless be a swapping thread nearer the tournament.

Finished Brazil 2014 with the help of posters on here.

I won't be collecting this year, but good luck to you.

Last edited:
Would also point out that this is the time to sell any cards you have and don't want, collector's finally realizing Football cards are worth something and are paying STUPID prices for cards. Currently $120 up on 5 cards from mid 2100's.

Threads a good example of why male mental health is in the toilet just now

Edit. Not the op but the queue formed to ridicule him
I did alcohol and women to a ridiculous degree, but I never lost my interest in reading books, football memorabilia and keeping fit ... as well as loads of other stuff.

In fact, if all you did was women and alcohol, you wouldn't be much good at pulling most women.

Strikes me as ridiculous that people spending time talking football on here, probably reading about it everywhere, will cast some sort of denigration of anyone who takes an interest in pursuing other aspects of the game, which is for most of us, is much more than just a hobby.

That said I haven't collected stickers for years, but if I had the time and spare money, I would still find it good fun and interesting.
I don't find it odd that anyone would collect them at any age.
Indeed in my experience, it is fckn far safer to collect stickers than collecting women. ;)

Would also point out that this is the time to sell any cards you have and don't want, collector's finally realizing Football cards are worth something and are paying STUPID prices for cards. Currently $120 up on 5 cards from mid 2100's.
I'm sure cards of players from over a hundred years in the future would have a financial value out of curiosity if nothing else.

The top grade go for big money now.

I seen a gameboy with pokemon blue all sealed going for 20grand!!! Parents apparently "forgot about the gift"...
PSA (top grading service) shut down a week ago because of demand for service (driven by football I believe) that being said f**k paying someone to tell you what condition it is and then putting it in plastic so you can't touch. Graded stuff just baffles me, because PSA says it's authentic and a 10 it's now worth 10 times+ more?

I did alcohol and women to a ridiculous degree, but I never lost my interest in reading books, football memorabilia and keeping fit ... as well as loads of other stuff.

In fact, if all you did was women and alcohol, you wouldn't be much good at pulling most women.

Strikes me as ridiculous that people spending time talking football on here, probably reading about it everywhere, will cast some sort of denigration of anyone who takes an interest in pursuing other aspects of the game, which is for most of us, is much more than just a hobby.

That said I haven't collected stickers for years, but if I had the time and spare money, I would still find it good fun and interesting.
I don't find it odd that anyone would collect them at any age.
Indeed in my experience, it is fckn far safer to collect stickers than collecting women. ;)
Well said sir, same here ;-) although I stick to the cards :)

Was the first sticker book I had done since I was a kid, only the second I had filled (return of the jedi, was the other one). There was about a dozen of us, and started with the vague premise of getting the books for our kids, and ended with us all sitting in the pub swapping our doublers.

Back