Still Game

TheLizardKing

Seen earlier the new season of Still Game has finished filming.

Huge fan of the show but the last season was dire and Methadone Mick was one of the cringiest unfunny bits of TV I've ever seen.

Whats everybody's thoughts on the upcoming series?

No their one was spared I believe ?

Have to agree with the OP about Methadone Mick. Can only hope he's going to be used a lot less this series. And hopefully Navid will be used a lot more.

Love the show, last series was utter bollocks, a few semi funny moments, this new series better be good!

Agree with most, last series had a few funny moments, but not a patch on the last 6 series. Here's hoping for the new series.

Ran its course. Comedy for 'yes' voters.

What a lot of tripe.

Series 1-6 was some of the best Scottish comedy going - Some genuine tears in the eyes moments - Episode where Blighty's Toughest Boozers featured was just brilliant.

Series 7 was hit and miss for me - The episode where Boaby gets the award was excellent - Winston in particular very good.

Lot of tripe in this thread :D

thought the last series was quite good and Methadone Mick gave it something else. Some people just don't like change :rolleyes::D

I gave up on the last series 3 episodes in.

Fair fucks to them for wringing as much cash out of it as they can.

What a lot of tripe.

Series 1-6 was some of the best Scottish comedy going - Some genuine tears in the eyes moments - Episode where Blighty's Toughest Boozers featured was just brilliant.

Series 7 was hit and miss for me - The episode where Boaby gets the award was excellent - Winston in particular very good.
Was brilliant at first. Let's just say the last series was aimed at the hard of thinking.

Oh dear, looks like "Still Game" isn't trendy anymore. Perhaps a bit of gender blurring, men in eyeliner, moisturising cream and man bags would get it back into the hipster good books.

The inevitable sneering superiority has started to target it, so it won't last much longer.

Last series was terrible

Fell it the trap of resorting to swearing constantly cause they've ran out of ideas

Felt they had to bring in too many props because they can't write decent dialogue/patter anymore. The first episode with all the daft gadgets and then the ones with the dogs. As said above, some decent bits here and there but overall rotten.

P.S Was at a house party with the ned Fergie when the last series was getting filmed. One a them and his nose never went hungry that night. Cool story bro.

They are milking the cash out of it now, especially with the stage shows.
We went to the first one, so far away they were dots on the stage and the jokes were painful.

The first few series were excellent - up there with the great UK sitcoms, imo. The stage shows and the last series were absolutely dire. It's an income generator now which I guess is why it will continue but the writing has went through the floor.

Even though the last couple of series haven't produced the same kind of gold that the early seasons did, it's last run was still far more entertaining than just about anything else produced by the BBC.

Still a few laughs in it yet, but they do have to put a bit more in to it.

The Christmas special where they are stuck in the lift with Isa, reminiscing about New Years past still makes me LOL

I never bothered watching any episode from last season. I take it I never missed much.

I'm a big fan but had a feeling it would be crap, should've been left alone.

Most comedies go on too long and end up pish.

Curb your Enthusiasm is the only one that has held it's quality the whole way through.

The Hydro isn't set-up for stage shows - Way too big a venue

Don't think they're that bothered, they just want the cash. They saw how much Mrs Brown made and wanted a slice of the action.

Most comedies go on too long and end up pish.

Curb your Enthusiasm is the only one that has held it's quality the whole way through.

Speaking of which, it's back next month!

I'm hoping for a better standard this series, as expected there were some really funny moments in the last, but overall I couldn't help but feel a little dissapointed with it.

Huge fan of the show but the last season was dire and Methadone Mick was one of the cringiest unfunny bits of TV I've ever seen.

Whats everybody's thoughts on the upcoming series?[/QUOTE

The methadone Mick character was a poor replacement for Pete the jakey

I think it wasn't as good because it was broadcast all over the UK for the. 1st time and they had to tame it down to appeal to the rest of the uk. they even changed the language a bit in the last series and it was very noticeable with the characters being slightly more proper

I think it wasn't as good because it was broadcast all over the UK for the. 1st time and they had to tame it down to appeal to the rest of the uk. they even changed the language a bit in the last series and it was very noticeable with the characters being slightly more proper

Still Game has been shown throughout the UK throughout its run. Not always simultaneously, mind you, but the earlier series were also shown in England at different times from the Scottish broadcasts.

I still liked the last series - started slower but it was good by the end.

Looking forward to this - Still Game / Chewin The Fat were superb.

Whats everybody's thoughts on the upcoming series?

Methadone Mick got a great reaction from everyone it was a story of a "junkie" turning his life around getting a job and his teeth fixed with comedy in the middle what's no to like

Back