Still Game

They film a good bit of it around here.

My youngest and her pals were talking to a few of them last week and not to spoil anything but one of the regular characters dies in the new series!!!

Lot of tripe in this thread :D

thought the last series was quite good and Methadone Mick gave it something else. Some people just don't like change :rolleyes::D

Last season was good Much better than I expected I would watch it all again stage shows were not good but the series was super

I've watched the early series that often I could play a part in them.

The latest series was shocking and I don't hold out much hope for the new one.

Seen earlier the new season of Still Game has finished filming.

Huge fan of the show but the last season was dire and Methadone Mick was one of the cringiest unfunny bits of TV I've ever seen.

Whats everybody's thoughts on the upcoming series?
Only had six so far over here(Edmonton) on Netflix,love the show.hopefully they get us up to speed soon.

Methadone Mick was a funny character and should have been left as a one episode role or a minute or so every now and again - like Pete the Jakey.

Instead they overused him.

I also got the impression with the episode with Winston and his brother that it was leading to something over another few episodes and that they changed their mind.

Think the novelty has wore off and needs to up its game, last series was dire compared to previous

Didn't like the Methadone Mick character, but there were enough funny moments in the last series to justify a new one.

See the other thread re "Fawlty Towers". Still Game being the polar opposite where it's legendary status is being severely tested by tired repetition.

The early series were comedy gold though! ..."You're getting fat Jack"...."Aye, every time I shag your wife she makes me a sandwich!"

Ran its course. Comedy for 'yes' voters.

Anything Scottish including our players gets trampled on always the Scottish players that get it worst at Rangers being Scottish doesn't make you a yes voter or less Protestant Scotland is a great country Scotland invented the TV the Phone penicillin The refrigerator The vacuum if you don't like anything Scottish go stay in England ? Stop bringing Scotland down

It did you can't deny that two grumpy guys on follow follow won't change the whole internet in Scotland loving it methadone mick trending on twitter world wide

FFS, who made you the 'Still Game' police?

Plenty of folk didn't like the Methadone Mick character. Don't take it personally.

FFS, who made you the 'Still Game' police?

Plenty of folk didn't like the Methadone Mick character. Don't take it personally.

Prove it then ?? You've no evidence to show where as I do the majority liked him there was a bigger percentage who did like him than didn't that's why it was trending on twitter Facebook etc and all anybody talked about for a week or any time he was on camera

Anything Scottish including our players gets trampled on always the Scottish players that get it worst at Rangers being Scottish doesn't make you a yes voter or less Protestant Scotland is a great country Scotland invented the TV the Phone penicillin The refrigerator The vacuum if you don't like anything Scottish go stay in England ? Stop bringing Scotland down

Stop bringing Scotland down???

It’s a comedy programme.

Sounds like someone’s had the balls to admit they are a nationalist on FF, good luck with that!!!!!

I'm glad they're still making it. I'm not even convinced the last two is the original series were on a par with previous ones but they had their moments, as did the recent one.

Methadone Mick was awful, though.

Stop bringing Scotland down???

It’s a comedy programme.

Sounds like someone’s had the balls to admit they are a nationalist on FF, good luck with that!!!!!

Stop bringing Scotland down by saying it's only for yes voters aye use your head his thinking is that anything Scottish is pro yes couldn't be further from the truth your allowed to be Scottish and Protestant and proud I Love Scotland not a nationalist

Last edited:
Seasons 1-6 were superb. As much as i wanted to like season 7 it just felt forced and the chemistry was missing from the previous seasons. Will still watch the new season though.

Prove it then ?? You've no evidence to show where as I do the majority liked him there was a bigger percentage who did like him than didn't that's why it was trending on twitter Facebook etc and all anybody talked about for a week or any time he was on camera
Looks like the guy that played Methadone Mick has a log in to the new forum.

Terrible character btw

Canny win with you lol if your one way there's a problem if I'm another way it's a problem maybe it's just you

Just kidding mate!!

However I don’t like this programme, it’s up there with Mrs Brown’s Boys. Comedy for old yins.

Just kidding mate!!

However I don’t like this programme, it’s up there with Mrs Brown’s Boys. Comedy for old yins.

Your wrong mate if it was comedy for the auld yins it wouldn't be trending on Facebook twitter instagram all the time where the majority of people are the young gen

Just cause he's called mick and clearly a tim lol ?

I couldn't take to him either (just my personal opinion) and never thought twice about his name. Not liking a character in a comedy show doesn't make us bigots now, does it?

I can take it or leave it, I agree the methadone Mick character was dire. Hopeully writing improves for this series.

Last I seen was the thing at the Hydro. That was unbelievably bad. Don't think I even gave it a chuckle once.

Just full of people saying it was brilliant to justify paying the ticket price.

Still Game has been shown throughout the UK throughout its run. Not always simultaneously, mind you, but the earlier series were also shown in England at different times from the Scottish broadcasts.
It was more of a schedule filler down south previously but I'm sure last series was the first simultaneous broadcast. Listen to the way they speak on the series before last to how they do on the latest, it's very noticeable. Kinda dumbing down for the English audience.

Even in the last series, all of my favourite moments were Winston.
I think his patter is first class. Right back to the live show in the pavilion before their tv fame, he was my favourite followed by Isa. "I'll level with you Winston. I'm a nosey bastard, I need to know". :D:D:D

I think his patter is first class. Right back to the live show in the pavilion before their tv fame, he was my favourite followed by Isa. "I'll level with you Winston. I'm a nosey bastard, I need to know". :D:D:D

His leg falling off while carrying Pete's coffin was the most I laughed in the last series. Isa's tremendous. Poor Richard Whiteley...

It was more of a schedule filler down south previously but I'm sure last series was the first simultaneous broadcast. Listen to the way they speak on the series before last to how they do on the latest, it's very noticeable. Kinda dumbing down for the English audience.
i don't see it I think they kno there audience is in Scotland

Last edited:
Back