Still not there.

Daleboy91Watp

A don't care what anyone on here says but if that's deemed as an acceptable victory then we are fucked. Irregardless of 10 men behind the ball we are woeful Tav goldson Katic back to goldson its fucking boring, after watching us for over 20 year I've never ever seen a half n half season this bad. Everyone is 2 or 3 yards slower and tbh looks like the fight has gone excusing arfield as he seems the only one with a bit of passion. It's simply not good enough.

A don't care what anyone on here says but if that's deemed as an acceptable victory then we are fucked. Irregardless of 10 men behind the ball we are woeful Tav goldson Katic back to goldson its fucking boring, after watching us for over 20 year I've never ever seen a half n half season this bad. Everyone is 2 or 3 yards slower and tbh looks like the fight has gone excusing arfield as he seems the only one with a bit of passion. It's simply not good enough.
Not a word.

I will take an ugly win over a draw or defeat, yes the performances have not been good enough and to the standard played earlier in the season. We just don't seem able to break teams down when they defend with 10 men behind the ball. The weather and condition of the pitch didn't help today either.

We need to seriously up our game if we are to even try and claw back some points.

We needed to win today , we needed the 3 points . So I’ll take it .

but the performance continues to give cause for concern and it’s difficult to see us not dropping further points

Today - first half in particular - wasn't pretty. However, in the circumstances (weather, pitch, current form etc.) the only thing that mattered was the 3 points in my opinion.

And I say that as someone who is desperate to see us start producing performances that are easier on the eye.

To be fair OP has a point, we were shit today. In all honesty was the worst I have seen us play this season. Yes the 3 points is more important than the display but get of the OPs back hes right. Alfie continues to being Alfie of late. Kent was Kent. Everyone creaming themselves about Hagi, well IMO he had an outstanding pass that led to the goal but for a 5m buy he was ok. Still we persist with the tippy tappy football across the middle.

Remember guys, Hagi and Kent will be £12m of our budget if we buy.

It’s was 3 points no more, I wasn’t impressed with the performance slow lethargic midfield to front poor decision making lack of quality if we play like this on Thursday Braga will pump us.

The op's spelling may be tragic but he definitely has a point.

Losing to this utter horsesh1t Hearts team was unforgivable and it spiralled us to where we are now at.

Today wasn’t pretty but I’d imagine things are not just magically going to click . The result is very important and hopefully it helps put us back to where we need to be mentally . A good result on Thursday night could get the heads back in check .

Piss poor performance , simple passes going astray all the time , lack of urgency , no pace , look leggy , fans were frustrated after ten mins , probably one the least enjoyable games I’ve ever been to at Ibrox.

A have seen a lot worse than that over the last 20 years although you have some valid points especially the over passing defence into midfield and end up back where we started. Midfielders need to be braver and turn into space instead of playing safe 5/10 yard passes constantly the way they are facing. Will take the win today though considering our form!

Well said........

I think you need to remember , we are low on confidence in shite form, the pitch is fucked, they were playing in a storm Against 10 men behind the ball.

I’d take a win from that and move on. I’d rather that than play well and lose! We’ve been shocking against Aberdeen , killie and hearts recently so I’d take this over any of those games.

Pish! Greegs made one excellent save the full game. Their keeper also tipped a certain Halliday goal onto the bar.

Not only wonder save, we relied on a post to keep it 1-0. Not pish

We could easily be talking about a 1-1 draw today, It was their game plan and it nearly worked. pish, YES not my responce our teams display.

I wasn't at today's game but remembering back to the last time we played Livi at Ibrox, they led 1-0 at half time. They are also the only other team to have beat that mob in the league this season. I don't think that I have ever seen us have an easy game against Livi, home or away. I prefer to look at today's 3 points for Rangers in that context.

Last edited:
I think when you consider the weather conditions and the state of the pitch then it's a pretty decent win.

Right now...we are just papering over the cracks.

If you ‘don’t care what anyone on here says’ you would perhaps be better of not posting your thoughts on a forum, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Just saying, for a friend, allegedly.

I see the a-wins-a-win brigade are out.

Sorry, but it's those kind of performances that have meant that we've not won as many games as we should have. We got away with one today. We didn't against Hearts, Aberdeen, etc.

Starting to get past the 3 points is all that matters stage. I expect far better than that performance and a wee glimmer of hope that we are improving. Yes the conditions were crap but i fear that we are constantly being dragged down to other teams levels. We are technically not doing anything better than other teams and on a fitness level we seem to be on a par.

How can we moan at other teams taking time at bye kicks when we constantly pass back and forward at the back eventually getting nowhere. We are not pulling them out of shape they are quite happy letting us mess about with the ball as it gives them time to regroup.

If you ‘don’t care what anyone on here says’ you would perhaps be better of not posting your thoughts on a forum, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Just saying, for a friend, allegedly.
I'm expecting it to be met with moonhowlers n the grammar polis. Couldn't really care about my spelling that was a terrible performance. Aye a get a wins a win but we won't win much more based on that.

We should have been playing against ten men for a big part of the game.

We should have had a penalty.

Alfie's goal should have stood, not sure about Kamberi's because I haven't seen a decent angle.

All this on a day when Celtic didn't play well, their first goal had a foul in the build-up and Aberdeen had a stonewall penalty denied.

The swing in points from those fine refereeing margins - which always swing the same way - has repeated several times this season already and represents the major difference between us and them.

Yet we beat ourselves up over performances. A lot of us have now accepted that we are handicapped by referees and think we should be good enough to blow teams away even if they get 'assistance'.

Let's discuss football when the outright cheating has been addressed and we are all playing the same game.

We were playing in 60mph winds on a pitch that was waterlogged yesterday.

Don't over regardelise the performance OP. The result is all that matters today.

I see the a-wins-a-win brigade are out.

Sorry, but it's those kind of performances that have meant that we've not won as many games as we should have. We got away with one today. We didn't against Hearts, Aberdeen, etc.

Were you outside today?

The op's spelling may be tragic but he definitely has a point.

Losing to this utter horsesh1t Hearts team was unforgivable and it spiralled us to where we are now at.

His spelling is pretty spot on to be fair, he's just using redundant prefixes.

To the OP.

If the ref had done his job correctly ie refereed us to the same standard as everyone else then 7 points in games we were cheated playing poorly like today would see us sitting 3 points behind with a game in hand.

League Champions win leagues playing ugly too.

We aren't allowed to win.

We still weren't great today but for me, it was an improvement. A few passages of play that were like pre-winter break and most importantly we were creating chances which we've been struggling to do.

I don’t think the performance was a bad as being made out. Some decent football played by us at times today hopefully we get back to form soon

We hit the post too, you know. Does that mean it's a draw on post-hitting? Do we drop points for that?

Used as a quick example to demonstrate how perilously close we were to dropping points again, and by extension how poor we were for vast swathes of the match.

Today's performance was in places as poor as our performances against Killie, Hearts, Aberdeen, etc. We just happened to win in this case.

Back