Still not there.

Used as a quick example to demonstrate how perilously close we were to dropping points again, and by extension how poor we were for vast swathes of the match.

Today's performance was in places as poor as our performances against Killie, Hearts, Aberdeen, etc. We just happened to win in this case.

I think we were a wee bit better today, creating good chances etc.

A don't care what anyone on here says but if that's deemed as an acceptable victory then we are fucked. Irregardless of 10 men behind the ball we are woeful Tav goldson Katic back to goldson its fucking boring, after watching us for over 20 year I've never ever seen a half n half season this bad. Everyone is 2 or 3 yards slower and tbh looks like the fight has gone excusing arfield as he seems the only one with a bit of passion. It's simply not good enough.
You obviously can't remember games with Smith in charge.

They were like watching paint dry at times 1

the difference is just now its the pressure the expectation of us and also the element that we have suffered from some horrible decisions in the last 8-10 games. We currently can't buy goals but we also can't get any luck with decisions.

When teams play you over physical and get away with it while we are refed to a higher standard than any team on the planet then we start to understand

The pitch and weather was a factor, no doubt. Therefore we were probably never going to win this at a canter. However, the overall performance was still dismal, especially if you consider that many of those players coukd/should have been playing for their futures. There is still a lack of drive & intensity in the side. Everything is slow, one paced and predictable. Part of being a professional footballer is being able to drag yourself into form, to respond when things have been going badly. Did anyone out there today do that, apart from McGregor?

Although I’ll always take a win, today was just more proof that many of these players are simply not good enough,whether that be their skill levels, commitment or mentality. Does anyone really believe that they’ll play better in future matches thanks to the confidence gained by beating Livi 1-0 at Ibrox? So it’s not a confidence boosting result, no-one is playing themselves into form, they didn’t provide the reaction the fans were looking for, there was no shake-up of tactics or personnel. It was a nothing game, a nothing result (unless you believe in fairies and that we still have a chance in the league) and is simply one game less to be endured before the end of the season and then have to confront the reality of needing to replace a number of players without the finances to do it.

You obviously can't remember games with Smith in charge.

They were like watching paint dry at times 1

the difference is just now its the pressure the expectation of us and also the element that we have suffered from some horrible decisions in the last 8-10 games. We currently can't buy goals but we also can't get any luck with decisions.

When teams play you over physical and get away with it while we are refed to a higher standard than any team on the planet then we start to understand
A do remember they games and while not pretty as you say they were effective. Aye 3 points are 3 points. My issue is that the majority of player find this kind of victory acceptable. It's not, not at Ibrox. The only player that looks like they genuinely hurt after a defeat/draw is mcgregor. I left Ibrox today feeling like we lost.

We will see over the next 4 games what this squad of players are made of! They managed to grind out a result today. A good result against Braga could hopefully spur us onto a win in Perth and a result at tynecastle. Let’s get behind the team! No surrender

The op's spelling may be tragic but he definitely has a point.

Losing to this utter horsesh1t Hearts team was unforgivable and it spiralled us to where we are now at.
Did you see the lack of effort that Edinburgh team put in v the mentally challengeds. Naismith being the biggest offender. At their first goal he jogged back a bit then broke into a walk!

I will take an ugly win over a draw or defeat, yes the performances have not been good enough and to the standard played earlier in the season. We just don't seem able to break teams down when they defend with 10 men behind the ball. The weather and condition of the pitch didn't help today either.

We need to seriously up our game if we are to even try and claw back some points.
The big thing today was getting three points. We have to get the winning mentality back which can only be achieved by winning.

A don't care what anyone on here says but if that's deemed as an acceptable victory then we are fucked. Irregardless of 10 men behind the ball we are woeful Tav goldson Katic back to goldson its fucking boring, after watching us for over 20 year I've never ever seen a half n half season this bad. Everyone is 2 or 3 yards slower and tbh looks like the fight has gone excusing arfield as he seems the only one with a bit of passion. It's simply not good enough.
Shocking grammar but give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're pished as we all need a drink after that fuckin dross

Jokes aside I agree, fucking honking and reeks of unrest to me. What has happened? Theres no fight and it looks like every cùnt has chucked it... this isn't a fitness or tactics issue, something looks fundamentally wrong.

Fucking grim.

To be fair OP has a point, we were shit today. In all honesty was the worst I have seen us play this season. Yes the 3 points is more important than the display but get of the OPs back hes right. Alfie continues to being Alfie of late. Kent was Kent. Everyone creaming themselves about Hagi, well IMO he had an outstanding pass that led to the goal but for a 5m buy he was ok. Still we persist with the tippy tappy football across the middle.

Remember guys, Hagi and Kent will be £12m of our budget if we buy.

Morelos got a good goal chalked off, as he did on Wednesday.

It wasn't the greatest ever game today however it wasn't the greatest ever weather conditions either.

Three points were our aim and three points we got in tricky conditions.

I see the a-wins-a-win brigade are out.

Sorry, but it's those kind of performances that have meant that we've not won as many games as we should have. We got away with one today. We didn't against Hearts, Aberdeen, etc.
Don’t get me wrong I’m happy we have won but if people aren’t concerned with that performance then they have their head buried in the sand. Keep playing like this and there will be many more dropped points

Still so predictable, not going to score by passing along the back four and Jack/Davis then back to Shagger then start again.

Yep, I thought it was awful. We were lucky with the shot against the post and another few close encounters. I'm not confident for any game we play. I worry for us in Perth next week. You've got to imagine they will win their game, this team lack the mental strength to cope with pressure. If it's 0-0 after 30 mins god help us...

Back