Still Plenty Of Tickets Left For Midtjylland

RS_Jam

Surprised if this doesn't end up at least close to a sell out.

Hope the fans are not underestimating it and buy the tickets

AdiCR2

I don't know why everyone is so confident this tie is over.

If Midgytland get an early goal it'll be an absolute c*nt of a night in Ibrox.

We have loads to do still and that'll be reflected in Gerrard's Starting XI.

kdy_bear

There's still 2 1/2 days to shift tickets and I estimate we've already sold around 46-47,000. This will be near as damnit a sell out.
For a tie that's hardly 'hanging in the balance' and considering the level/profile of the opposition this will be a fantastic turnout.

ItsInTheNet

There's still 2 1/2 days to shift tickets and I estimate we've already sold around 46-47,000. This will be near as damnit a sell out.
For a tie that's hardly 'hanging in the balance' and considering the level/profile of the opposition this will be a fantastic turnout.
Magnificent as ever from our fans.

Bowery Boy

Probably because they need to win 3-0. I mean obviously the players and management won't be treating the tie as if it's finished but, let's be honest, it is.

macdonut

Very very slim chance we're going to lose by 3 (or by 2 in a high scoring game). No doubt they will come out at us from the start but that will leave gaps we'll quickly exploit in our current form. Their need to attack and our ability to break at speed should mean a cracking first half on Thursday. I expect us to score at least once in the first 45 mins though.

songsofglory

Still be a really tough game and we need to be top of our game to avoid any problems. Think we will go through but won't be a walk in the park. An early goal would be fantastic. If we get through here we will have done very well to knock them out.

AdiCR2

Probably because they need to win 3-0. I mean obviously the players and management won't be treating the tie as if it's finished but, let's be honest, it is.
What if they are 1-0 up within the first 10 and were reduced to ten men? We are nowhere near good enough for us to go into this match thinking we have it won.

Think of the threads on this exact forum after the killie game... We need more starters, our midfield is worse than last season, why have we downgraded from Kent and Candeias to Stewart, Jones and Ojo and what does Mark Allen actually do for us and its time for him to go?

We have had two good performances in a row. We cannot write Midgytland off or else we will end up embarrassing ourselves out of Europe.

AdiCR2

Very very slim chance we're going to lose by 3 (or by 2 in a high scoring game). No doubt they will come out at us from the start but that will leave gaps we'll quickly exploit in our current form. Their need to attack and our ability to break at speed should mean a cracking first half on Thursday. I expect us to score at least once in the first 45 mins though.
I hope you are right but I have seen far too many false dawns over the past decade to think we can beat teams like this comfortably.

buffalosoldier

Ah perfect. I've tried to collect a couple of times on the same day/day after and they've told me it isn't ready yet. I guess most tickets are already sorted and we don't have another home game for a while so they won't be inundated

Henderson55

The way I see it , my dad and sister couldn’t get a season ticket and have so far been to 3 friendly, the Europa games and would happily attend every game , this seems unfair when it is virtually impossible to get a season ticket and tickets for league games but some season ticket holders use excuses like I will be home late etc

Arkanoid

Good chance for the 10-15k on the waiting list for ST to see the team then?!! See no reason why there's not 45k come Thursday

SC81

I'm working abroad just now so missing the game.

Fingers crossed we get a full house but understand it is an expensive time of year for fans.

The Railway Bear

The way I see it , my dad and sister couldn’t get a season ticket and have so far been to 3 friendly, the Europa games and would happily attend every game , this seems unfair when it is virtually impossible to get a season ticket and tickets for league games but some season ticket holders use excuses like I will be home late etc
Just because people own a season ticket doesn’t necessarily mean they can physically attend every game??

Shengus Malengus

I’ll get my anorak on when I get home tonight and give you a near as fuckit numbers count.

I say “near as” because the wee dots play tricks with your lamps, but the figure won’t be far away.

Henderson55

Just because people own a season ticket doesn’t necessarily mean they can physically attend every game??
Not exactly what I’m meaning , difficult to put into words I understand valid reasons etc but sometimes just not being arsed multiple times when we have a huge waiting list especially when it’s conveniet excuses for St Mirren and Livingston but they are never busy or can’t go to Celtic etc

The Railway Bear

Not exactly what I’m meaning , difficult to put into words I understand valid reasons etc but sometimes just not being arsed multiple times when we have a huge waiting list especially when it’s conveniet excuses for St Mirren and Livingston but they are never busy or can’t go to Celtic etc
I have to say I know a lot of ST holders and I don’t know any that ‘can’t be arsed multiple times.’ I guess you know some that fall into that bracket, I find it surprising especially when the season is just a few games old.

Drumchapel Loyalist

42/43k sold 2 days before a game when we are 4-2 up sounds pretty good to me. Don’t remember many “low crowds” for qualifiers myself
In not saying it isn't good.

Mate pre 2012 a lot of people didn't bother that much with the qualifiers and we would regularly have crowds a lot lower than at our average game. Same with home games in domestic cup competitions at that time too.

MearnsUnionist

Mate pre 2012 a lot of people didn't bother that much with the qualifiers and we would regularly have crowds a lot lower than at our average game. Same with home games in domestic cup competitions at that time too.

Our support, both domestically and for European games, is larger and more loyal now than at any previous time.

I include the Souness, Advocaat and Walter's 9 in a Row eras in that.

Last edited:

AdiCR2

Spot on, even as far back as Early CL we played Grasshoppers infront of a half empty ibrox.

Our support is more loyal now than in my lifetime.

TheBlueBlazerV3

They’re not going to beat us 0-3 at Ibrox. I’m still attending. Costing me 120 quid (trains, hotel, match ticket) before I’ve even left home so it’s understandable that some might be giving it a miss.
Its not really excusable in my opinion, as the same folk will be whinging if they miss out on tickets for the next round and then group stages. We can't just turn up when the games appeal to us.

That being said - I think the costs associated with this time of year is a better reason for folk staying at home. ST payments, school uniforms, family holidays etc

TheBlueBlazerV3

Last year was sold out every game as there was a buzz about being back, it will go back to the usual way it was before with low crowds for qualifiers soon.
Mate.... £21 a ticket for a qualifier, at the same time as ST payments, family holidays, school uniforms etc - not to mention that maybe a family of 4 go together, can be well into the £150+ region, its bloody expensive at this time of year.

Gaz030191

I just hope unlike some of our fans Gerrard isn't taking this tie as finished.

That's exactly the kind of approach that could come back to bite us if we don't give it 100%, especially knowing the team will likely be rotated for the cup game at the weekend.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
The place is going to be packed.

We absolutely are The People.

Can’t wait to get along on Thursday.

S English

Slightly off topic but does anyone know when they went on public sale ? Looking to come up for a visit at the end of the month and would love to go if the home leg is the 29th