Still proud of team

We will get threads slagging off every player as well as the management team tonight, you can guarantee it.

It's been excellent, though not without mistakes. Errors, though, were always to be expected with such an inexperienced squad.

The team and manager will now be savaged on here. It's sad to read.

Agree 100%

Tonight is a sore one and we are left with more 'what if's but looking at it realistically, we have out-performed absolutely every single fan's expectations.

Ask me tomorrow and I’ll be proud.

Frustrated tonight that this was well within our grasp and we continued to show we can’t break teams down.

Well said. Some in here have memories that don't go further back than July. Tonight was a sickener that we didnt deserve and we can't criticise this team for it's efforts tonight

Agree with your post apart from the better team tonight. We weren't. Vienna sat back knowing we would struggle to break then down, so their tactics worked.

Ahead of the curve in terms of what I expected this season in Europe, but a fecking painful watch all the same.

Na %^*& that. Don’t want to hear how far we’ve come etc. This is Rangers and that group was well do-able

Scunnered

This European run has been better than expected and for the last group game to be a decider is unbelievable.

Concentrate on the league now, the future looks bright imo.

The European run has been great but at the same time I’m left pretty deflated. Rapid are bang average.

Let’s see what happens in the league now. Massive improvement needed

I really believe we’ll kick on domestically now, especially if we have a good window in January. We’ve been playing non stop since July, there’s a nucleas of a good team here, it may take time but we’re getting there.

We have lost out to a team who are honking,end of
Creating 2 chances in game we had to win,a bit like Dundee,oh and a bit like Aberdeen game,there's a pattern forming here

We are not the better side.

Manager needs to stop tinkering and not be afraid to change games. It’s been absolutely brutal watching the last 3 games.

We have done amazingly to get this far - but us going out is 100% our own fault

We knew what we had to do tonight, but with the pedestrian and listless way we play, we were never winning, never mind scoring. That's just one goal from our last 3 competitive games. As for Europe itself this season, 11 games unbeaten should be worth commending.

Last edited:
Agreed, however, all those Bears who travelled to Vienna deserved much much better, not trying to derail the thread OP.

Well said Papa Smurf. Nice to read something positive, rather than the doom and gloom of some other threads. Tonight was a tough one to take and a game we really should have one but ffs compared to last season its a huge improvement.

Manager needs to stop tinkering and not be afraid to change games. It’s been absolutely brutal watching the last 3 games.

Giving ourselves a chance was 100% our doing also. So many punters have no sense of perspective.

Tonight was not Brutal !!!

lets not kid ourselves on

We have done well with our wee run in Europe
Punching above

If we would have been offered 8-10 million and in the group stages we would have snapped ur hand off

So for this bear well done Rangers

Let’s Go and do the buissiness in the league

100% - what a transformation from a year ago
What transformation is that???!
We have bank rolled a new manager to the tube of 12 players..... Time to get head out of the clouds we have a huge few months and by Feb,Mar we will know what kind of manger SG is..

What transformation is that???!
We have bank rolled a new manager to the tube of 12 players..... Time to get head out of the clouds we have a huge few months and by Feb,Mar we will know what kind of manger SG is..
You’re really saying there hasn’t been a transformation? If so you’re the one with your head in the clouds

This European run has been better than expected and for the last group game to be a decider is unbelievable.

Totally agree. Always going to take more than one transfer window to get where we, and I believe the manager, wants to be in terms of quality. Would have bitten your hand off for this Euro run if offered at start of season. Onwards and upwards.

Do you know what, I'm proud if our manager and players.
Tonight was absolutely sickening, of that there is no mistake, but on paper we should never have been there tonight.
Those boys have done our club proud.

They have exceeded expectations, and put us back on the European map. No European team will take us as an easy game, and that is incredible, all things considered.

Some have peaked and I don't think we'll see much better from them, but others just need 3-4 quality players in the squad to bring out the best in them and improve them.

Tonight may have been frustrating, but we’ve gone from a laughing stock against Luxembourg’s 4th best team to holding our own for a majority of the group against big teams from Austria, Spain and Russia. Europe at the end of the day was a bonus, and now we can only focus on the league and the cup which are a higher priority. Anyone who thinks we haven’t come on leaps and bounds needs their head checked.

If we can get to the winter break within 5 points of that mob then I think we'll be on 1 game a week for a while and that can only benefit the players.

We (the fans) need to be right up for Sunday as the players will need all our help v Hamilton.

Very proud of the team to have got to the group stages and we did pretty well in the group. Despite what some folk will say I think we've punched above our weight to get this far - christ, better Rangers teams than this one have failed to get to the group stages.

Of course we're disappointed but this isn't a time for slaughtering the players.

We did very well to make it to the group stages, exceptionally well in fact. But a tough group on paper was in reality pretty easy to qualify from. Rapid and Spartak are absolutely shite. We can at least now focus solely on the league.

Took our European run from the first qualifying round right through to the stage of going in to tonight’s game with a chance to make the last 32. Very proud of that.

Now let’s move forward. Already buzzing for Sunday.

Only an absolute arsehole will be slating the team.

They've done well, and considering the last 6 and a half years of utter hell, have exceeded expectations.

Anybody who expected anything beyond reaching the 3rd qualifiers is unrealistic.

Celebrate our team, celebrate the improvement, don't be an arsehole.

It's been a memorable journey in its own way. The team got a good deal further than many of us thought they would and I am also proud of them. We're heading in the right direction.

Back