Still top of the league and undefeated

Border City Bear

Same tripe shite talk as last year. I will wait for results to do the talking and the result is we are still not good enough. The first challenge of the season and it ended in failure.
Some right doom and gloom merchants on here especially if things don't go our way! Every game is a challenge ffs, we have no divine right to just have to turn up to get the 3 points, bottom line is we were poor today ( albeit not as poor as the ref) away from home against the team in 3rd place and came away with a point to take us top of the league. Long long way to go this season, Goldson is still a bombscare same as every other season but there's definitely something about this seasons side that I think will win the league.

pelem

But 99% certain of being two points behind with a game at the piggery in a few weeks that is becoming a must not loose

There's games before the piggery, so I'm not looking for the players to be that far ahead in putting all the eggs into the piggery basket.

Neither should you.

bluenosebazza

Very disappointing, and I do understand the 'same old same old' argument cause it feels like we've been here many times before. I don't wanna make excuses for the team

I do feel people conceding the league now are overreacting though, and it's heat of the moment stuff

Our defenders are all shite all of a sudden after setting a new UK record
I dont think anybody has conceded the league yet but we are already on the precipice.

We play Motherwell, Celtc and Kilmarnock away in the next 5 games.

Kris1872

Official Ticketer
I was more worried today than I was against the tarriers in 2 weeks. I genuinely think we will come back from the piggery with 3 points and then all the bed wetters on here will be on praising the team again.

bluenosebazza

See where we are after those round of games then? Sounds sensible to me.
Thats the problem though. A disappointing result we think 'The team needs a run of wins so we'll see in 7 or 8 games time' and the run never comes.

After drawing at Livingston, a draw on that pitch isnt a problem on its own, we needed to win the next 6 games until we played Celtc then see where we are. We havent done it. We cant just keep round in circles after every game we dont win. Somethings got to give eventually.

Inverhouse

Very disappointing, and I do understand the 'same old same old' argument cause it feels like we've been here many times before. I don't wanna make excuses for the team

I do feel people conceding the league now are overreacting though, and it's heat of the moment stuff

Our defenders are all shite all of a sudden after setting a new UK record
I am certainly not conceding the league but goldson had a shocking 15 min spell .

LaidbackLaudrup

:))
Now fixed, cheers.

Delboy Trotter

Happy clapping pish

They have a game in hand.

When they have a chance to take advantage, they do it.

We won’t hence why we froze away to livi the week after they drew at Kilmarnock.

Same happened last season.

We’ve seen it all before and heard all of this bollocks before as well

ChorleyCub

Where is the no surrender attitude? The doom and gloom boys are out in force on FF today!

We're top of the league, should win our next 2 league games then we're up against the great unwashed.

They are looking ropey at the back and could easily drop points against Hivs next week too.

But for a few Dodgy decisions today we'd had come away with 3 points.

They are not looking strong at the back, after we beat them, we'll be top on points rather than GD.

Tell awe the tims yea know.....
I wish I shared your optimism, mate! But that's just me raging at dropping the 2 pts today. ;) Still think this league has a looooong way to go and it's far from over - they're not anything like the team they were for the last 2 or 3 seasons. We can still do this - but we need to be way more clinical in games like today's. I BELIEVE! :)):)):))

wee bud's pit boots

I'd be delighted if it wasn't for those pesky four points dropped against cr@p and a two point advantage potentially turned into a two point deficit.

But you keep on the happy pills.

JamesMcNaught

The way Hibs were cut open is certainly a positive, the second goal was sublime.
The team needs a leader, someone to drive it through in difficult times- Greig, Gough, even a lovely fella like Marvin had it.

Orange Bear

I wish I shared your optimism, mate! But that's just me raging at dropping the 2 pts today. ;) Still think this league has a looooong way to go and it's far from over - they're not anything like the team they were for the last 2 or 3 seasons. We can still do this - but we need to be way more clinical in games like today's. I BELIEVE! :)):)):))
Big Marv - keep believing

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I was more worried today than I was against the tarriers in 2 weeks. I genuinely think we will come back from the piggery with 3 points and then all the bed wetters on here will be on praising the team again.

Bed wetters? Do you guys have some magic potion that just erases the previous two season’s collapses from your minds? Given the absolute state of us before covid brought our weekly humiliation to a halt (and the previous seasons collapse) and the fact we struggle to see off dross in cup competitions, I’d say the complaints and the concerns are 100% justified.

You won’t see me lavishing the praise and doing the “55 is on its way”’act until they can get past Christmas and show me they have some sort of mental steel. Until then I’ll quite rightly assume most of the same players and coaches will produce mostly the same inadequate results.

BrooklynBlue

Is every dropped point due to our lack of 'bottle' - and when we win it's because... the opposition are shit?

It's football. Points get dropped especially when there is a lack of genuine quality in the team.

DunantBlue

It is good to be optimistic and to search for positives.

But today was a terrible result and it was down to very very familiar failings. That’s worrying.

Topps

Well, for me the same old questions of bottle on and off the pitch raise their head again.

That being said, it was a tough away fixture and we come away with a point. There are going to be many twists and turns this season so I don't want to go full nuclear over this.

It stings but its not terminal. What bothers me is the bottle issue and perhaps its just me but until this team and management wave something shiny at me I think its always going to be a niggle in my head.
While in our previous title winning yeaes id agree. In seasons we won the league we dropped plenty of daft points but the difference now is that the standard of opposition is worse than it has ever been imo and the taigs will drop very few points against the others. Unfortunately they basically go on winning streaks of 10 plus games and that is what we cant do.

instructor

We have to up our game, beat Motherwell and move on. Today wasn't good enough but at least we are top of the league with a point. Midfield signing now desperately needed or we can kiss the title goodbye. Gerrard seems to know how to play Europe so feeling positive about a Europa Group stage and about £15m into the coffers which is a nice consolation prize if we blow the title like last year.

Rudolph Hucker

That could happen, but if it does you can guarantee they’ll lose/draw the very next match and throw away whatever advantage they’ve gained. It’s what this lot do, they are mentally weak and have proved it time and time again. Why anyone would expect anything different is beyond me.

Super-Swally

Livi and now Hibs this team has shown they can't handle the pressure.

The fhilth win their game in hand they leap frog us.

Warning signs are very clear from today.

Southsideblueblood

We are now behind last season where we failed and haven't played them yet. Frankly anyone posting undefeated and top of the league needs chased . We've had enough of these happy clapping posts that inevitably are missing when it turns to shit. Love to be wrong but it's three seasons in and the writing is on the wall.

The Modfather

The next game will show if this team is up for it or not. Its how they react to another 2 points lost. No use beating Celtic in a few weeks if we drop points to Livi and Hivs. We'll soon see.

The Shadow

I disagree, you've already conceeded the tims will win their game in hand with that attitude. No guarantees they'll win it.
Yesterday if that was Celtic playing Hibs, the officials would have had a Hibs player sent off and their equaliser chalked off just for starters

No guarantees, but they will be given every assistance to win games where we won’t

Midfield General

Same tripe shite talk as last year. I will wait for results to do the talking and the result is we are still not good enough. The first challenge of the season and it ended in failure.
The first challenge of the season was away to Aberdeen which we won and we concede for the first time this season 8 games in.It was disappointing but continue in this form and will end up with around 98 points which normally wins the league,a wee bit of perspective is required mate.

the only way is up

That performance was nothing like the livingston game. We created enough chances and shots on target to win 3 games. A couple of outstanding saves by their keeper thrown in, god knows how many stamps on Kent and a yellow instead of red for an an elbow in the face because the ref doesn’t know the rules or is a cheat. We weren’t ruthless enough and uncharacteristically slack at the back. We missed Jack. Goldson and Barisic had their worst game in a long time, but we should have still come away with 3 points.

Orange Bear

Yesterday if that was Celtic playing Hibs, the officials would have had a Hibs player sent off and their equaliser chalked off just for starters

No guarantees, but they will be given every assistance to win games where we won’t

I agree

But if Killie can take points from them , then Hibs can too.

They're conceding and Hibs are scoring

Fingers crossed!

Orange Bear

We are now behind last season where we failed and haven't played them yet. Frankly anyone posting undefeated and top of the league needs chased . We've had enough of these happy clapping posts that inevitably are missing when it turns to shit. Love to be wrong but it's three seasons in and the writing is on the wall.

There is a plethora of threads , that are more suited to your pessimistic outlook.

Not missing anything, posting facts ! We are top and undefeated.

Win our next three and we've ceased control. Fact.

Writing on the wall, in September? Get behind the team and the manager, rather than looking to throw in the towel when there's a bump in the road.

Bordersbear

Official Ticketer
Where is the no surrender attitude? The doom and gloom boys are out in force on FF today!

We're top of the league, should win our next 2 league games then we're up against the great unwashed.

They are looking ropey at the back and could easily drop points against Hivs next week too.

But for a few Dodgy decisions today we'd had come away with 3 points.

They are not looking strong at the back, after we beat them, we'll be top on points rather than GD.

Tell awe the tims yea know.....
How would these fans feel if the club came out this morning and announced that they have conceded the league ?

Whatever happened to No surrender, keep on believing, the battle fevers on FFS.

How do you replace a manager in the real world by putting it in his contract that the expectation from the board and supporters is full points from every game is non negotiable irregardless of injuries or the strength of the opposition you are playing.

On top of that you need to also beat incompetent and corrupt officials and battle against a governing body that will put every obstacle in the way even before a ball is kicked. Oh and the media are one sided and every team you play will treat it as a cup final whilst meekly accepting a defeat from your main rivals.

GF1872

There is a plethora of threads , that are more suited to your pessimistic outlook.

Not missing anything, posting facts ! We are top and undefeated.

Win our next three and we've ceased control. Fact.

Writing on the wall, in September? Get behind the team and the manager, rather than looking to throw in the towel when there's a bump in the road.

I admire your optimism and I am in no way giving up the league but David on H&H said it perfectly, results like yesterday are the reason we haven’t won anything the past few years. Plenty of opportunities, same as Livi and another 2 points thrown away.

change consent