Still top of the league and undefeated

Referees are our main issue, not ability.

We are going to be discussing game changing decisions going against us and for them every other week this season.

My maths isn't great but I think 38 x 3 = 114.

I don't think I can ever recall seeing a team finish a season with 114 points, or even 110.

It's almost as if every team drops points during the course of the season.

Next time the filth do, these people will be nowhere to be seen.
We were all saying that same thing last season. We drop points every 4 or 5 games, thats the problem and it hasnt changed.

I don't think I can ever recall seeing a team finish a season with 114 points, or even 110.

Everything will be great again in their black and white world

I think some people on this forum actually wait on a bad result to ponce on the team.

004120-B4000004-B0-0-Cleared-The-historic-sex-allegations-against-Are-You-Being-Serve-m-64-146214740.jpg

I hope if we win the league with a load of scrappy games and hard fought points the usual mouths stay home and moan we didnt win it in style

Certainly wasn’t as much of a challenge as some want to paint it. We scraped a 1-0 win and they had no striker, their striker being their key man and the one most likely to give us problems.

We’ve had 3 challenges away, played 2 sides missing their best player, and we’ve arsed up 2 of the 3. That’s not very good no matter how it’s dressed up.

How are you deciding which games are and aren't 'challenges' exactly?

All talk as usual. Anyone that's points out concerns are hit with negative/panty wetters etc.

Played a game more so probably not top of the league for long.

Pressure on us - dropped points, again.

Drawn half our league away games.

Pretty much the same team that blew up in two consecutive seasons and hasn't offered a title challenge.

Basic errors at the back, predictable, one paced, pedestrian play and absolutely toothless in front of goal.

Surrendered a lead on two occasions.

Inability to put a winning run together.

Same questions being asked and talked about as previous seasons under Gerrard.

It's no surprise people have concerns.
Should be made a sticky

Can you let me know which games this season are and aren't challenges in advance?

I'm guessing the challenges are the ones we drop points in.

It'll be handy for betting.
When we are playing a team on form, not playing against handicapped jobber teams. Even livi got trounced in their first game then managed to scrape a draw against us.

Frustrating result but we cannot give up on winning the league

2 draws away from home at 2 tough venues is no great but if the linesman did his job their 2nd call is offside and let’s face they should have been down to 9 men if the ref had applied the laws of the game

Next Sunday we have to win. No excuses next week

Certainly wasn’t as much of a challenge as some want to paint it. We scraped a 1-0 win and they had no striker, their striker being their key man and the one most likely to give us problems.

We’ve had 3 challenges away, played 2 sides missing their best player, and we’ve arsed up 2 of the 3. That’s not very good no matter how it’s dressed up.

The challenge was to go to meet opponents we struggle against and came away with 3 points that was the aim to get 3 points and we got them.

Today was another challenge against a team we struggle against away.We didn't achieve our aim and the points.

Next league game we are up against a team that are doin the mutton molesters 3-0 away.

And it could be more.

How are you deciding which games are and aren't 'challenges' exactly?

Teams that tend to give us problems away, adding in a plastic pitch for Livingston too and the fact we had a chance to open up a real gap between us and Celtic in that game. But mostly, it’s the games everyone on here seemed to deem the biggest challenges going on the threads leading up to them.

Doesn’t matter anyway, the usual crowd will find a way to spin it all into a positive in a complete repeat of the last two seasons where we got all the same soundbites from these guys.

Where is the no surrender attitude? The doom and gloom boys are out in force on FF today!

We're top of the league, should win our next 2 league games then we're up against the great unwashed.

They are looking ropey at the back and could easily drop points against Hivs next week too.

But for a few Dodgy decisions today we'd had come away with 3 points.

They are not looking strong at the back, after we beat them, we'll be top on points rather than GD.

Tell awe the tims yea know.....
3 wins and 3 draws for Smith in the 2009/2010 season before the first old firm game on October 4th. It’s certainly not perfect and today was more than winnable but it’s not crisis time yet.

Can't deny it has been solid until today. We set a new British record ffs.

Today was shite but that doesn't mean it has all been shite until now.

I'm as frustrated as anyone that we still can't finish teams off when we are on top of them, but I won't use that to re-write the previous games
I am not saying it has been all shite but we haven't played any the top teams and guess what the 1st time we do we concede 2 goals.

All talk as usual. Anyone that's points out concerns are hit with negative/panty wetters etc.

Played a game more so probably not top of the league for long.

Pressure on us - dropped points, again.

Drawn half our league away games.

Pretty much the same team that blew up in two consecutive seasons and hasn't offered a title challenge.

Basic errors at the back, predictable, one paced, pedestrian play and absolutely toothless in front of goal.

Surrendered a lead on two occasions.

Inability to put a winning run together.

Same questions being asked and talked about as previous seasons under Gerrard.

It's no surprise people have concerns.
Too right, and we've seen it all before, many times & Aberdeen almost got the draw against us as well.

The bulk of this team have won nothing, every away game is a nerve shredding ordeal, our key players continue to make the same mistakes time & time again, the boy scouts could bully us, we are the tippy tappy champions of Europe & it feels like the last time any of our players tried a shot from distance his name ended with "Albertz".

Games like today need to be won, and we have seen this so many times before it's completely dispiriting,.

Too right we should be concerned

We'll probably drop points again before they do.

We can’t drop points every 4 games. Thst would give us a maximum points total of 86. And that’s assume all the dropped points were draws not losses

I am not saying it has been all shite but we haven't played any the top teams and guess what the 1st time we do we concede 2 goals.

Didn't see match but from reading posts on it we were negligent defence, the midfield were shot shy and the officials were poor again.

Hibs have had a good start, lucky to get the 3 points in games but are still a danger as they have players who can take advantage of mistakes or bad reffing.

Next week we are coming back from Holland to face a team who are horsin the sheep today and may be up for us next week. This is on top of them playing another 30 mins extra last Thursday.

It's up to the players to raise their game for all these challenges.

Very disappointing, and I do understand the 'same old same old' argument cause it feels like we've been here many times before. I don't wanna make excuses for the team

I do feel people conceding the league now are overreacting though, and it's heat of the moment stuff

Our defenders are all shite all of a sudden after setting a new UK record

Same tripe shite talk as last year. I will wait for results to do the talking and the result is we are still not good enough. The first challenge of the season and it ended in failure.
Some right doom and gloom merchants on here especially if things don't go our way! Every game is a challenge ffs, we have no divine right to just have to turn up to get the 3 points, bottom line is we were poor today ( albeit not as poor as the ref) away from home against the team in 3rd place and came away with a point to take us top of the league. Long long way to go this season, Goldson is still a bombscare same as every other season but there's definitely something about this seasons side that I think will win the league.

But 99% certain of being two points behind with a game at the piggery in a few weeks that is becoming a must not loose

There's games before the piggery, so I'm not looking for the players to be that far ahead in putting all the eggs into the piggery basket.

Neither should you.

Very disappointing, and I do understand the 'same old same old' argument cause it feels like we've been here many times before. I don't wanna make excuses for the team

I do feel people conceding the league now are overreacting though, and it's heat of the moment stuff

I dont think anybody has conceded the league yet but we are already on the precipice.

We play Motherwell, Celtc and Kilmarnock away in the next 5 games.

I was more worried today than I was against the mentally challengeds in 2 weeks. I genuinely think we will come back from the piggery with 3 points and then all the bed wetters on here will be on praising the team again.

I dont think anybody has conceded the league yet but we are already on the precipice.

We play Motherwell, Celtc and Kilmarnock away in the next 5 games.

See where we are after those round of games then? Sounds sensible to me.

See where we are after those round of games then? Sounds sensible to me.
Thats the problem though. A disappointing result we think 'The team needs a run of wins so we'll see in 7 or 8 games time' and the run never comes.

After drawing at Livingston, a draw on that pitch isnt a problem on its own, we needed to win the next 6 games until we played Celtc then see where we are. We havent done it. We cant just keep round in circles after every game we dont win. Somethings got to give eventually.

I am certainly not conceding the league but goldson had a shocking 15 min spell .

Happy clapping pish

They have a game in hand.

When they have a chance to take advantage, they do it.

We won’t hence why we froze away to livi the week after they drew at Kilmarnock.

Same happened last season.

We’ve seen it all before and heard all of this bollocks before as well

Where is the no surrender attitude? The doom and gloom boys are out in force on FF today!

We're top of the league, should win our next 2 league games then we're up against the great unwashed.

They are looking ropey at the back and could easily drop points against Hivs next week too.

But for a few Dodgy decisions today we'd had come away with 3 points.

They are not looking strong at the back, after we beat them, we'll be top on points rather than GD.

Tell awe the tims yea know.....
I wish I shared your optimism, mate! But that's just me raging at dropping the 2 pts today. ;) Still think this league has a looooong way to go and it's far from over - they're not anything like the team they were for the last 2 or 3 seasons. We can still do this - but we need to be way more clinical in games like today's. I BELIEVE! :)):)):))

I'd be delighted if it wasn't for those pesky four points dropped against cr@p and a two point advantage potentially turned into a two point deficit.

But you keep on the happy pills.

The way Hibs were cut open is certainly a positive, the second goal was sublime.
The team needs a leader, someone to drive it through in difficult times- Greig, Gough, even a lovely fella like Marvin had it.

I wish I shared your optimism, mate! But that's just me raging at dropping the 2 pts today. ;) Still think this league has a looooong way to go and it's far from over - they're not anything like the team they were for the last 2 or 3 seasons. We can still do this - but we need to be way more clinical in games like today's. I BELIEVE! :)):)):))
Big Marv - keep believing

I was more worried today than I was against the mentally challengeds in 2 weeks. I genuinely think we will come back from the piggery with 3 points and then all the bed wetters on here will be on praising the team again.

Bed wetters? Do you guys have some magic potion that just erases the previous two season’s collapses from your minds? Given the absolute state of us before covid brought our weekly humiliation to a halt (and the previous seasons collapse) and the fact we struggle to see off dross in cup competitions, I’d say the complaints and the concerns are 100% justified.

You won’t see me lavishing the praise and doing the “55 is on its way”’act until they can get past Christmas and show me they have some sort of mental steel. Until then I’ll quite rightly assume most of the same players and coaches will produce mostly the same inadequate results.

Back