Stirling albion on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony75tfc

Do we think a few of the young lads might get a run out against stirling ,guys like weston , lowry , mccann ,hopefully will get a chance to show what they can do

I wonder what happened at that club?

People in mid-40s or older may recall Stirling Albion used to yo-yo between the bottom half of the 1st Division and the top of the 2nd. A bit like Meadowbank used to do and Alloa have been doing the past decade or so.

When they moved away from Annfield and its plastic pitch and into Forthbank I was thinking they were aiming to move up a level. It's a decent size of town, a bit of a trek from Glasgow/Edinburgh, so no reason not to aim at being a club the size of Falkirk, Accies, Morton, etc.

But it just didn't happen and they've been in the bottom division for about 30yrs now.

I think our friendly there was the official opening of Forthbank. Can anyone confirm? I was definitely at that one. Think we won 5-0? Anyone else remember that day out?

They’ve been in the second tier within the last 10 years I’m sure. Not for a long period but have definitely spent time there.

I was at the opening game at Forthbank that you speak of although I would have been very young so can’t remember much about the game. Something in my head saying we drew though

People in mid-40s or older may recall Stirling Albion used to yo-yo between the bottom half of the 1st Division and the top of the 2nd. A bit like Meadowbank used to do and Alloa have been doing the past decade or so.

When they moved away from Annfield and its plastic pitch and into Forthbank I was thinking they were aiming to move up a level. It's a decent size of town, a bit of a trek from Glasgow/Edinburgh, so no reason not to aim at being a club the size of Falkirk, Accies, Morton, etc.

But it just didn't happen and they've been in the bottom division for about 30yrs now.

I think our friendly there was the official opening of Forthbank. Can anyone confirm? I was definitely at that one. Think we won 5-0? Anyone else remember that day out?
My local (ish) team and I've been to see them any number of times.

Been in bottom league since 2015, mainly due to a succession of poor managers.

Best years were probably under Kevin Drinkell in the mid-late 90s and then former Hearts winger Allan Moore in the 2000s when they were in the second tier.

Their all time top goal scorer left them and started playing in our five a sides. That’s what sank them :))

My son and granddaughter go along when they can’t get to see us and tell me the crowds are pitiful at the moment. So bad, the directors recognise newcomers and come across to welcome you and invite you back. LOL

Anyway, I’ve a lot of time and friends at the Binos and wish them well (except on Friday) :)

Will it be 5 subs in the cup too ? If o would like to see us start with a couple of kids and see how it goes

Will it be 5 subs in the cup too ? If o would like to see us start with a couple of kids and see how it goes
Gio did mention at press conference other day that he may give a couple young lads a run out on friday , prob not starting but coming off the bench

First game my Dad took me to was Annfield would have been early 80s.
Grew up in Denny but Falkirk always seemed more successful.

Think a few starters will be rested. Wouldnt mind seeing Itten and Sakala get a good hour or so under their belts. Should be a routine hammering considering they shipped 3 goals at stranraer the other day. 5-0

I’d play

McLaughlin

Tav
Balogun
Helander
Bassey

Kamara
Jack

Sakala
Bacuna
Kent

Roofe

Providing Roofe Jack and Helander are fit enough.

I'd go really quite strong tbh and batter them and get back up and running after the break. Not like the players will need a rest.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic

Sands Lundstram

Sakala Hagi Kent

Roofe (if not fit, Itten).

Do we think a few of the young lads might get a run out against stirling ,guys like weston , lowry , mccann ,hopefully will get a chance to show what they can do
Think McCann and possibly Lowry may get on at some point, but doubt Weston, only because Itten needs to integrate again and will likely get minutes before him.

Remember 2 years ago we played Stranraer at Ibrox with a fairly strong team and "only" won 2-0. Anything less than a 5 goal win would be disappointing (for my coupon)

Sorry but hopefully not. We need to play our usual team and get back in the groove. I hate the winter break, we were playing really well up until the break and if not for the bringing it forward I am positive we would have beaten both the Sheep and the Mhanky Mhob. We rarely start back well from the break so get the top team out in every game and get back to winning ways. The league this year is a must win!

We’ve not won a cup in a decade. Not the time to be playing anything other than our strongest 11.
Agree with the sentiment but they’re 3 leagues below us and we’ve got games coming up thick and fast for the next couple of months. Good opportunity to get guys like Itten, Sakala some minutes and hopefully a few goals.

Are there five subs in the cup? Would be more inclined to start a stronger team and take off 3 at half time if so.

After that performance, a full team should be out on Friday - and then change it up after 60 minutes, assuming we have a comfortable lead.

I’d play

McLaughlin

Tav
Balogun
Helander
Bassey

Kamara
Jack

Sakala
Bacuna
Kent

Roofe

Providing Roofe Jack and Helander are fit enough.
I don't think either Helander or Jack will be ready for the game, but I agree its a good chance for some minor squad rotation. I wouldn't go nuts and start Charlie McCann, McCrorie and King but i'd like to see some of these guys while we are playing lesser opposition.

Agree with the sentiment but they’re 3 leagues below us and we’ve got games coming up thick and fast for the next couple of months. Good opportunity to get guys like Itten, Sakala some minutes and hopefully a few goals.
We haven’t played for a few weeks and it showed tonight. No need for more rests

17 league matches . SC and possibly at least 2 European games to go.
The 5 subs will help us
No rest , let’s Gio

We don't need anywhere near a full team. We don't need our strongest eleven.

You could pick a team from the terraces to beat Stirling Albion.

Far more interested in getting our first team squad up to speed mate, rather than playing some kids who won't feature again this season.

We looked off the pace last night and we need to get game time into key players who are lacking match fitness.

That's the real priority, for me.

I’m looking forward to the game. Not been at Ibrox since 4th December, I contracted covid after that game and missed the StJ and Dundee Utd games. Plus, I’ve not had a pint of Heverlee since then as well as no pub I’ve been in seems to sell it.

Are there five subs in the cup? Would be more inclined to start a stronger team and take off 3 at half time if so.
Think it’s back to 3 subs from 7 on the bench for the cup.

We are just back trom a break so I don’t see many changes from the first picks for this tie.

McLaughlin, Tav, King, Balogun, Bassey; Sands, Lundstram, Bacuna; Wright, Itten, Sakala

As many changes as possible as Morelos pretty much the only player with pass marks from last night. The problem is that any player who impresses on Friday is unlikely to get a chance against Livi - the same pïsh we had under the previous management.

Need to be doing everything we can to sign a right winger who is also comfortable playing on the left if required. One that can either create or score regularly as we currently have none of those.

Play our strongest team, allow themselves to get in a rythmn again .
Just treat it like any other game.
When we get a few ahead then we can make changes.

It should be a makeshift team to do the functional job.

Not resting key players and not taking the chance to give fringers the run-out would be madness.

Strong team, perhaps including Bacuna, Sakala from the start. Make changes at half time / 2nd half and give some youngsters first team experience.

It should be a makeshift team to do the functional job.

Not resting key players and not taking the chance to give fringers the run-out would be madness.

They've just come off a 3 week break mate, rest is the last thing they need.

They need game time, to get up to full match fitness and sharpness.
That's what was badly lacking last night.

With the best will in the world, I hope not. I hope the players that played so poorly last night play and take the chance to take 5+ goals off an inferior side to regain some momentum.

It was in 1993

2-2

Was a mixture of some 1st team and reserves as we also played at Morton that day so the squad were split between the games IRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back