Stirling Moss famously said

bigjoecanoe

“I’d rather lose a race being quick enough to win it than win a race being slow enough to lose it”.

What I take from today is a confidence I probably didn’t have this morning after Wednesday night that we’re more than good enough to win 55 this season.

Tough one to take today but onwards and upwards Bears, WATP.

I'm less confident now as I think some of our players must now be thinking they can't beat them.

If we get the right mentality we are better than them imo.

“I’d rather lose a race being quick enough to win it than win a race being slow enough to lose it”.

What I take from today is a confidence I probably didn’t have this morning after Wednesday night that we’re more than good enough to win 55 this season.

This performance by the Paedo enablers today is the biggest boost for them in decades. Utterly mince and they beat us.

Couldn’t disagree more. Today was an utter disaster and a psychological hammer blow.

I worry we have players who will never believe they can beat them. Tav has so many battle scars against them by this point I genuinely think it’s better to sell him and just get someone on who hasn’t been on the wrong end of so many defeats.

The message from today is , no matter how badly Celtic play and no matter how well we play, the end result is always the same. They still win.

Rangers have become professional losers.
I strongly disagree.

We have a lost a final we should have won. I'll take a repeat of that overall performance in an Old Firm anytime and we'll win more than we lose.

We've shown over the last year that we can at least match them in a head to head.
It's really what we do against other teams now that will be more significant.

I strongly disagree.

We have a lost a final we should have won. I'll take a repeat of that overall performance in an Old Firm anytime and we'll win more than we lose.

We've shown over the last year that we can at least match them in a head to head.
Just have to disagree then until we win a major trophy we are losers. No benefit in being uber staunch when we can’t win a game against them.

Couldn’t disagree more. Today was an utter disaster and a psychological hammer blow.

I worry we have players who will never believe they can beat them. Tav has so many battle scars against them by this point I genuinely think it’s better to sell him and just get someone on who hasn’t been on the wrong end of so many defeats.

The message from today is , no matter how badly Celtic play and no matter how well we play, the end result is always the same. They still win.

This is one of the most devastating results for us in 50 years. They must be absolutely pissing themselves knowing they can be nowhere near as bad again.

Michael Schumacher would happily run other drivers off the road to win.

History records who won, not who should have won.

I dont think we have the bottle or mentality to hurt where it counts.

I strongly disagree.

I would say we can match them head to head when we start winning games like today im raging that we came away from that game with nothing but what might have beens.

This’ll be the Stirling Miss who never won a World Championship? Thus putting this ridiculous comment in its proper context.

I would say we can match them head to head when we start winning games like today im raging that we came away from that game with nothing but what might have beens.
There hasn't really been another game like today to be fair. Usually if one team is that dominant. they win.

Today was a one-off - I'm not buying into it proving anything at all.

I've never really thought we didnt have the ability to win this league. It's whether we do it that counts though

In any sport Winning is everything
Of course it is.

But winning a championship only comes from consistently strong performances. And what the OP is saying is ... that was a strong performance. If we play at that level (and improve on the finishing), we'll be right there at the end.

It was a sore one ... but there's much more to be taken from it than getting hammered 4-0 and not being at the races.

Of course it is.

But winning a championship only comes from consistently strong performances. And what the OP is saying is ... that was a strong performance. If we play at that level (and improve on the finishing), we'll be right there at the end.

It was a sore one ... but there's much more to be taken from it than getting hammered 4-0 and not being at the races.
A loss is a loss I’m not into glorious failures

It may be a totally different sport but 5 time world motorcycling champion Joey Dunlop often said "Second is first loser." He was the first ever rider to win 5 world titles on the spin and remains to this day the most successful rider to ever compete at the TT.

We lack that mentality.

Sorry, but this is absolute mince.

I'd rather win the league being the second best team than come second having been the better team.

I take it you take a lot of solace from the 2007/8 season?

No, but it beats getting played off the park by them, not many people wouldn’t have had them as strong favourites today.

Had it not been for Forster they would have taken a doing.
That's what goalies are for.The idea is you place the ball far enough away so they can't catch it whilst keeping it between the white sticks

Such posts are not popular here. Most prefer to wallow in negativity.
Same posters will be chanting no surrender on Thursday.
Madness!

A loss is a loss I’m not into glorious failures
It's not so much about that. It's about analysing where we are, especially in relation to the relative performance of the teams.

The manager is looking at the positives - that we pretty much outplayed the current champions.

"Serial losers" type talk is Sutton-esque bollocks and IMO shouldn't be entertained.

The fact is, their team talk at the piggery will include we(they) played shite and still won. Play anywhere near their best and is a walk in the park.

But ours will surely include, that we played them off the park, do that again and take our chances and the match is ours.

It's not so much about that. It's about analysing where we are, especially in relation to the relative performance of the teams.

The manager is looking at the positives - that we pretty much outplayed the current champions.

"Serial losers" type talk is Sutton-esque bollocks and IMO shouldn't be entertained.
In a cup final winning is everything there are no real positives today for me sure we were the better team but they were there for the taking and we blew it

We had a chance to win a Trophy today..

For whatever reason we failed. !!

In a cup final winning is everything there are no real positives today for me sure we were the better team but they were there for the taking and we blew it
We did blow it. And not taking our chances marks down our performance which was very good overall.

The result is the result and it's sore. But, looking forward, I really don't see why we shouldn't be encouraged that we dominated the game so much.

I couldn't give a shit what Stirling Moss once said.

Today we lost another big game. The bheggars won another trophy. What do we get, better performance out of the two sides trophy?

Too many wanting a pat on the back for our performance - a performance that saw us fail to take our chances, failure to score a penalty, failure to get back in the game against 10 men.

Our club used to have standards, now we happy clap any thing.

Last edited:
Well this thread has a lot of poets or negative Rangers fans on it.
In pub this morning and general consensus was that today would be a marker.
Well it was we schooled the bastards and they know it. I don't go with the theory "they'll never play that bad again", on any normal day we win that comfortably. Anyone that thinks we wont win the league because of today has no clue about the mindset that the manager has installed.
We were fukkin unlucky and will win the league IMHO

No, but it beats getting played off the park by them, not many people wouldn’t have had them as strong favourites today.

Had it not been for Forster they would have taken a doing.
To be honest Forster didn't have a difficult save to make. The shot from jack was probably the best but all other saves were well within his comfort zone. The header from Morelos should have burst the net but was put right into Forster's reach.

Today we lost another big game. The bheggars won another trophy. What do we get, better performance out of the two sides trophy?

Too many wanting a pat on the back for our performance - a performance that saw us fail to take our chances, failure to score a penalty, failure to get back in the game against 10 men.

Post of the day.

Spot on. Or we go away and post on the internet about how we played better than them as if that counts for anything.

Back